• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Compliance & Enforcement charge in one visit section12? discussion

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The OP has given some extremely imaginative advice by the bailiff fraternity. No - bailiffs can't go out and clamp a vehicle wherever they like - it has to be at the address written on the warrant as per CPR 75.7.3. and fresh warrant for any other address can only be authorised under CPR 75.7.7 when the local authority (and not the bailiff company which is not party to TEC proceedings) makes an application to the TEC for the new address/location.

Even if a 'warrant' has been issued, which is highly unlikely, it relies on Schedule 12 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 which does not include parking as the TEC is not a judicial court

.I would leave it, it is just an excuse to bring out the tired and fatally flawed TCE and parking enforcment argument, the OP is ok that is all that matters.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Wrong fair-parking. We can clamp the vehicle wherever it is if it on the highway.

The only time you would need court approval is if the vehicle is on 3rd party property.

Exactly. Hence the prescribed form "taking control of goods on a highway"

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

The fact that something seems implausible, doesn't make it wrong. Schedule 12 of the Taking Control of Goods Act 2007 only applies to judicial courts who have made judgments and who have also issued warrants. See Paragraph 3 (1) of the Act. The Traffic Enforcement Centre is neither a judicial court and nor does it issue warrants. It has no judges, no hearings, no access to the public and no solicitors or barristers are seen there. It is an administrative court whose function is to rubber stamp the presumption of guilt made by its paid up local authority members who fund this court.

As for the criticisms. All GTSTL has to do is explain CPR 75.7.7 if he believes that a bailiff can enforce anywhere in England or Wales under parking enforcement regulations as opposed to other regulations following real judgments and magistrates courts orders.

Dodgeball explained his belief in another thread by quoting Section 104 of the Act without taking into consideration that it relies on judgment debts. He also confused 'Act' with 'enactment'.

If I have been wrong then the CPS is hardly likely to have dropped a prosecution based entirely on Section 68a, Schedule 12 of the Act just five days before a hearing in Westminster Magistrates Court following receipt of representations by Fair Parking.

However people can believe whatever they wish. It won't make any difference to the fact that Schedule 12 is outside of the jurisdiction of anything less than a judicial court ora magistrates court . Section 3 (1) clearly explains that

The tec is part of Northampton county court so it is a court and does issue warrants of control for unpaid parking fines.

7.7 applies to a new address, which I have already stated needs the courts permission.

ANYWHERE on the public highway, whether near the property or not is good to go.

The TEC has never issued a warrant and nor is it a county court as confirmed by this email from the TEC dated 19th September 2014

In answer to Fair-Parking's question ‘I would be very obliged if the TEC could clarify whether it is a county court', the TEC replied

'The Traffic Enforcement Centre (TEC) is not a County Court in itself. It is part of Her Majesty’s Court & Tribunals Service (HMCTS) and is based at the County Court Business Centre (CCBC) in Northampton[/i

Yes, but it is part of hmcts, and therefor, like the county court is also part of hmcts, it has the authority to stamp warrants. But yes, they are not the county court, in the same way that the high court is not a county court, but they too issues orders.

For the most part, the high court office that stamps a warrant is based in the county court, the county court staff stamp the warrants etc, but it is itself, not the county court.

I say its part of the county court as they come under the umbrella of the ccbc.

'Like a county court' is an apt description of something that isn't a county court.

It doesn't issue any orders either except one - the 'Order for Recovery' after that the TEC merely authorises local authorities to prepare warrants (CPR 75.7.3)

Not quite sure how to counter somebody who says the TEC IS a county court when the TEC itself states both clearly and distinctly that it isn't - except to repeat that people can believe whatever they wish to believe.

It doesn't alter the facts

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2004/18/section/82

82Enforcement of penalty charges

(1)The Lord Chancellor may make regulations for or in connection with the enforcement of penalty charges.

(2)The regulations may include provision—

(a)creating criminal offences to be triable summarily and punishable with a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale or such lower amount as may be specified;

(b)for amounts payable under or by virtue of any provision of this Part to be recoverable, if a county court so orders, as if they were payable under a county court order.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

We have gone through this ll before, if you fail to understand the legislation you must see that these offences are being pursued by bailiffs using schedule 12 procedures. as far as the legislation above, it enables the order to be enforced as if it were issued by a county court, so that really is all that can be said.

The rest of legislation required has been amended in respect of this and in order to comply with the TCE( see consequential amendments TCE act) so really there isn't any argument. And that is it yet again on this mater from me.

Yes we have - and you still haven't grasped it. Not only does the CPS agree with me but so did the Met on three occasions when it also dropped prosecutions after I sent representations to them. Not one prosecution has continued after I contacted the police and CPS.

Perhaps you know more than the Police and the CPS but trying to play 'top trumps' doesn't help you. The TEC operates purely under CPR 75 and not any other part of the CPR.

Also contained within the TEC's email of 19th September 2014 is the following

'Penalty Charge Numbers (PCN) issued through TEC are done so in accordance with part 75 of the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR)'.

Looks like no one has"grasped this", accept you FP. Perhaps that should tell you something.

The CPS does not agree with you neither do the police, it is bordering on delusion now.

How many cases have you lost pushing this now FP, isn't it about time you stopped this nonsense.

When there is no argument remaining (not even a mention of p104) then insults are all that is left. Quite clearly the fact that the CPS and the Met dropped four cases is purely coincidental.

And your proof for saying that they did not accept my representations is where?

Not a hint of the merest possibility that there may be a legal answer to the badly worded Schedule 12 in relation to parking

When there is no argument remaining (not even a mention of p104) then insults are all that is left. Quite clearly the fact that the CPS and the Met dropped four cases is purely coincidental.

And your proof for saying that they did not accept my representations is where?

Not a hint of the merest possibility that there may be a legal answer to the badly worded Schedule 12 in relation to parking

Look we are off topic again, so start a new thread, show your evidence and we will look at it( if the team agree), I am not sure what you are trying to say any-more to be honest.

If it is, then you took it there, I merely mentioned that the OP having suffered under a bailiff misreading of Schedule 12 was misled - you have posted several times since and I have merely responded to you. If you want to end this then stop throwing insults and unsupported accusations.

This isn't a game. It isn't about 'top trumping' with claims of 'my views of legislation are cleverer than yours', it is about the fact that Schedule 12 should never have been used here. I have offered reasons as to why not. If you don't wish to believe them then that's fine, but you have gone far further than that - indeed instead of considering whether there may some merit in what I say, you have unsuccessfully tried to kick everything into touch and failed.

You haven't even been able to state that whilst you do not believe there is a defence, it would be of benefit to the public if there was one.

It is even quite possible to read your posts as being from somebody who wants the idea that Schedule 12 doesn't apply to be unsuccessful. If that is true why on earth are you on a consumer action forum?

No its about you putting forward a proposition but being unwilling to have it properly challenged. You have no idea how many half baked ideas I have seen like this, if it cant stand examination it is usually because it is not correct.

sorry FP i have considered your argument and it has no merit, it is not s case of what I want just what the legislation says.

Yes, I have seen a few cases that have been dropped, with PART of the complaint being about certain things like warrant validity and other silly things like that, but NONE of them that I am aware of have ever been dropped for those reasons, but purely on the back of another reason also in the complaint that was upheld. But some delusional individuals then think it was the whole complaint, not a specific part of it, that got it thrown out. People need to read their judgements correctly. And I would be love to read a judgement that you have that shows it was thrown out for the reasons you claim.

I'll draw the curtain down on this - we have one individual who complains that this is 'off thread' determined to take it further away by avoiding the issues he can't cope with, and another who is under the impression that if HE didn't hear anything, it doesn't exist whilst at the same failing to realise that if something didn't go to court, there can be no judgment. Note the correct spelling Sir

Neither having come up with any tangible reason as why Schedule 12 applies in parking and hoping that is doesn't. You can understand the bailiff thinking that but the other defies logic.

Evidence has been provided that the act does cover parking tickets but you fail to understand it.

You have failed to provide a shred of evidence that a case has either been thrown out of court or dropped before court for the reasons you claim.

In order to deflect, you become the grammar police.

And being a condescending little p**** in the process just makes you look a tad bit silly.

Can you provide one shred of evidence to back up your claims? No, thought not.

FP, I and others have shown you the legislation, even in this thread, even your beloved CPR mentions enforcment by the TCE, the act even modifies the wording of the 1993 regs which is used to enforce the warrant to comp;y with the TCE , every single factor of your argument is flawed.

What really bothers me, is that I have just heard you charge people money for this nonsense, you really aught to be ashamed of yourself.

discussion thread created now

please keep to this - the original op's thread is now closed.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...