New jobcentre coach issues plus UJM

Chester6
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Saw the latest bully and she was late to her own appointment so good start and then she whined I had no work history and claimed volunteering would help yet I've had short term jobs and forced labour previously, she claimed I had no references inspire of my CWP and WP ones - what's the point of these schemes of even the Jobcentre don't acknowledge them?????? Plus wittered on about work trials as selling yourself at interviews

she went into bully mode once I showed her my evidence of a previously accepted format to all the other staff I had seen ipreviously and claimed I needed to account for every 35 hours worth and had to let her have a copy but I forgotten the legal reasons why to deny her and she said I had to so as to cover her selfe and so she had s copy of my log so I said it was blackmail and she lied it wasn't - what else do you call withholding payment to get a copy and I said she could have it under duress so I'm far from happy with her.

I am sure that they can't legally keep copies of my job search but it'll help if someone has any links to provide? Plus how easy is it to say I want a different troll?

Doesn't help that I'm reminded of a traumatic event sometimes

she [...] claimed I needed to account for every 35 hours worth and had to let her have a copy

Get yourself a little black notebook, and for the next two weeks, keep a diary of every waking minute. Include the nauseating detail of mealtimes, ablutions, and anything else that springs to mind. Don't forget to list job searches and applications made somewhere in amongst the trivia.

The last one that demanded job searches in detail got a list of IP addresses along with the date and times. My firewall/router used to log everything, so generating a printout was a simple task.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

"The last one that demanded job searches in detail got a list of IP addresses along with the date and times. My firewall/router used to log everything, so generating a printout was a simple task."

haha that's mad I seen others where they let you log into your gmail/yahoo account and show em all the email applications you sent off with CV attached!

oh and to chester -

Originally Posted by Chester6 viewpost-right.png

she [...] claimed I needed to account for every 35 hours worth and had to let her have a copy

Get yourself a little black notebook, and for the next two weeks, keep a diary of every waking minute. Include the nauseating detail of mealtimes, ablutions, and anything else that springs to mind. Don't forget to list job searches and applications made somewhere in amongst the trivia.

and make sure you detail if it was a number one or two....wen ya go to da loo

edited to add - on serious note wait for others to respond but the terms of your job search agreement (or something of that sort) will be around JCP should have a copy of it and what your looking for maybe in there or in another letter and I think I read other threads on this forum similar to what your asking though I don't have the actual links hopefully others can help

on my job search agreement it was to search for a minimum of 6 jobs per fortnight if I remember correctly

Is this a JSA claim or UC ? if the later the new unworkable rules apply if claiming under JSA then no 35hr work search rule applies in that this 35hr work search is only the recommended amount of time , So if it isnt set in stone then it could be less than 35hrs ?

For Universal Credit, expected hours of work means the number of hours a week that a claimant should work or is able to work. It is also the amount of hours per week that a claimant is expected to be looking for work and preparing for work. For a claimant who is able to work, this is normally 35 hours a week but can be reduced - for example, to take account of a claimant's caring responsibilities or health condition.

gotta love this clause

must give Universal Credit information that I believe is correct and complete. I understand that

if I don’t report any changes that affect my Universal Credit claim as soon as possible, I may be

prosecuted or other action may be taken against me. I also understand that I may have to pay a

£50 penalty if there is an overpayment of Universal Credit to me and it was my fault.

gotta love this clause

must give Universal Credit information that I believe is correct and complete. I understand that

if I don’t report any changes that affect my Universal Credit claim as soon as possible, I may be

prosecuted or other action may be taken against me. I also understand that I may have to pay a

£50 penalty if there is an overpaymentlink3.gif of Universal Credit to me and it was my fault.

fo sho (talk about non profit making)

also from chester - "Plus how easy is it to say I want a different troll?" that's a good question hope someone has some advice for you

Been checking and the upshot is they've been misleading me to put it mildly as I still fall under JSA so I can't see how UC or 35 hours job search applies plus I fulfil my agreement with them job search wise so I'm still not happy but a loss angry now

Been checking and the upshot is they've been misleading me to put it mildly as I still fall under JSA so I can't see how UC or 35 hours job search applies plus I fulfil my agreement with them job search wise so I'm still not happy but a loss angry now

So you are claiming JSA or your claim was live prior to UC being rolled out to your local JCP ? If so just satisfy your original Job seekers agreement as per JSA rules, They will probably threaten you with sanctions, but even if they did wrongly sanction you, it should get overturned at the MR stage, well you would hope so,

What is it with these job's worth's? why do they try and cheat people out of benefits that they are legally entitled to by abusing their position, deliberately misleading ,or blatantly deceiving people?

Is it i wonder in part down to the use of a private security company G4S in their offices ?

Is it i wonder in part down to the use of a private security company G4S in their offices ?

No. It's down to changes in government policy coupled with increased pressure (the famously "non-existent" sanction targets) being placed on front line staff. G4S may be responsible for many bad things, I don't know and won't try to speculate, but this isn't one of them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Regarding the JC keeping copies of jobsearch evidence these two Freedom Of Information replies from the DWP might be helful.

Retaining handwritten jobsearch;

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/257166/response/628076/attach/html/3/WDTK%20FoI%20931%20Response%20Mr%20Smith.pdf.html

Retaining jobsearch evidence in general;

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/162719/response/400257/attach/html/3/WDTK%202433.pdf.html

Signed on but didn't have all the printouts I needed to back me up and she photocopied the log again

Felt really ill so not in a mood to fight plus with a lack of backup

Plus she now claims the 35 hours which was from 2013 is legal from 2010 so I asked for legislative proof but the managers were in a meeting so she didn't have any and she expects a 35 hour log next time. She claims people in JSA must record a 35 hour log

"Plus she now claims the 35 hours which was from 2013 is legal from 2010 so I asked for legislative proof but the managers were in a meeting so she didn't have any and she expects a 35 hour log next time. She claims people in JSA must record a 35 hour log"

from other threads I understand this 35 hr thing is just a guideline and should be challenged or check your claimant commitment and see if you signed the unworkable rule of "35 hr / week" job search agreement or not

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?456025-JC-expecting-unemployed-to-spend-35-hrs-week-looking-!-!

"Plus she now claims the 35 hours which was from 2013 is legal from 2010 so I asked for legislative proof but the managers were in a meeting so she didn't have any and she expects a 35 hour log next time. She claims people in JSA must record a 35 hour log"

from other threads I understand this 35 hr thing is just a guideline and should be challenged or check your claimant commitment and see if you signed the unworkable rule of "35 hr / week" job search agreement or not

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?456025-JC-expecting-unemployed-to-spend-35-hrs-week-looking-!-!

I specifically said I'd been told it was an "expectation" but a month ago they gave a page of examples of what to write to fill a 35 hours log and now she expects a log and is claiming it's a law before it was even thought of plus I haven't agreed to spend 35 hours looking

• 2 weeks later...

Saw her and gave her all the proof and she photocopied it all again including the logs even though I had proof I was right that she shouldn't but she says she will talk to her manager

Asked about complaint letter and a g4s guy says they have it he thinks but they haven't seem to have done anything about it so I was wondering about escalating it and how?

Asked about complaint letter and a g4s guy says they have it he thinks but they haven't seem to have done anything about it so I was wondering about escalating it and how?

Complaints are usually escalated to the manager at the DWP office you attend. If no response is received in an acceptable time frame, you can raise the matter with your local MP and get him/her to pursue the matter from a higher level.

Complaints are usually escalated to the manager at the DWP office you attend. If no response is received in an acceptable time frame, you can raise the matter with your local MP and get him/her to pursue the matter from a higher level.

Is the time limit already set like 15 working days or something? Or is it up to me?

Your local MP most likely doesn't give a toss.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

If asked, you are required to show evidence of your job search activities, and the adviser can take copies in order for a Decision Maker to conduct a review. How you present your job search is entirely up to you, and there is no law that says it has to be a specific format.

Review for sanctions only buy no other reason

She takes copies to cover her back which was procedure at her old office

Plus others there didn't blackmail me to take copies or berate me and lie that there's no references available or no experience and the try to push forced labour

I'd be increasingly inclined to play her at her own game.

"Hello Mrs. Adviser, you know what, I've been reflecting a bit on our conversations and I think you're right. I could do with a more recent reference and I guess there's no such thing as enough experience (pause for effect) so I've been a signed up with (insert a volunteering organisation here that interests you personally - citizens advice is a good one). They're going to train me, will give me real, valuable experience and will write a reference for potential employers. You have to agree that this is so much better than doing another 'placement' in an organisation that's of no real interest to me or even suitable for my job goals. Better still is that it saves you the admin of having to refer me, speaking of admin... I've reviewed my JSAG/CC and as you've requested I've detailed my 35 hours job-seeking activity. Well, actually, I've detailed all of my activity but it's all there, X number of jobs applied for, Y phonecalls made and Z CV's handed out. See you in a fortnight!"

When I was an adviser with Ingeus I'd have roared with delight if someone had done that to me, I'd have been well and truly played and there'd be nothing much to say other than 'well done, see you in 2 weeks'. The alternative of course is to sit and pick fights, which people did and we'd end up knocking heads on something totally unhelpful for us both. It's like you, chester, are having to deal with a child. If you make them think they're winning they'll never notice that they've already lost. But, if you don't choose your fights you'll battle on every point.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.