Fashion World ***Account closed, refund given***

snowdragon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

does anyone know who to complain to please re this company?

I have an on going problem with them and feel they are fobbing me of so need to make a formal complaint

Many thanks

Sandy

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you Bazooka

it is in relation to a cot bed I purchased from them for my granddaughter, it has developed several faults and I sent them pictures of the damage, was promised they would be replaced from OBaby as this is the make of the cot-bed but despite waiting well over a month nothing has been done.

Fashion world have phoned me to say it is being dealt with but It has not!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

the link you posted is the one I have already used, all I get back is a reply saying thank you for your email, blah blah blah blah

I am getting nowhere, despite me doing as they asked, I have told them I want a full refund now and will go else where, the cot has not been abused in any way, my granddaughter is quite small for her age and she was only put in the cot when her mum decided she was big enough.

Trading standards then, although be aware that most companies have an 8 week complaints procedure to exhaust before other agencies will get involved.

Has your dealings with them been marked 'complaint' or 'formal complaint' at all?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

it has mostly been done by email, getting a " real" person to reply is nigh on impossible, I did have a phone call from them last week saying the parts would be replaced!

I did mark one email formal complaint, I was going to send another but all I get back it this

Thank you for your email.

Please accept this email as confirmation that your enquiry has been received and placed in our queue.

We reply to our emails in the order they are received and we aim to reply within 24 hours; during busy times we appreciate your patience. If we need to pass your query on to another department for a resolution, it may take a little longer. Please allow up to 5 days.

If your enquiry is of an urgent nature, you may wish to contact us by telephone on 0345 071 9018.

For orders and payments, please call 0871 231 2000 (calls cost 13p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge)

Please be assured that your email will be responded to, unless you indicate that you do not require a response.

Yours sincerely

Internet Customer Services Team

Emails are perfectly acceptable as you have evidence of correspondence then.

Phone calls, shouldn't be used, unless you can record the calls?

I can't find their complaints procedure, probably because they don't have one?

So contact your local Trading standards and seek their advise, I reckon it will be along the lines of, 'give them 8 weeks in which to rectify, if they fail to do so, send them a letter before action (LBA) and give them a further 7 days in which to rectify/refund, if they fail to do so, submit a small claim to get the money back, plus interest, plus costs.''

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I am sure it has been going on for longer then 8 weeks as it is and no not able to record calls

OK, well it won't do you any harm in contacting your local trading standards tomorrow about it, and asking their advice.

http://www.tradingstandards.uk/advice/problemswithgoods.cfm

• Confused 1

thank you Bazooka, would it be any use sending Fashion World another formal complaint email and if so what is the best things to put?

Whilst email is perfectly acceptable, I think you should write using snail mail - send by recorded delivery and to their Head/Registered office and addressed to the CEO. Mark Formal Complaint.

That way it might find its way to someone who WILL deal with the problem.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

thank you Citizen :)

They emailed me last night saying OBaby had responded to them but were unsure what the part numbers were! This coming from the company where the cotbed came from!

Well IMO that would speak volumes about the company!

And again IMO you would be justified in demanding a full refund.

If you can't afford RD then you can always obtain 'proof of posting' which is free from the PO counter.

But defo send a formal complaint snail mail as CB says.

Thank Bazooka, I easily found the parts list by going on-line!

Thank Bazooka, I easily found the parts list by going on-line!

Sounds like someone didn't want to put their tea and biscuits down!

lol sounds it, I mean OBaby must have a parts list as it is one of their products and they knew which cot-bed it is! Talk about pass the buck and hope I go away! They do not mess with this Dragon!

I have now been offered a full refund, a replacement , or 10% of another cot bed with free delivery and arrangement of collection of other cot bed.

10% is not much, specially as the cot bed was expensive to start with and I have seen it cheaper elsewhere , this was in response to a formal complaint I made.

Yes, that is what I would be doing.. full refund and purchase elsewhere.

Pleased that you have this resolved.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes, have seen the same cot-bed cheaper elsewhere, tbh I thought 10% was a paltry amount to offer!

**** UPDATE ****

I am still waiting for this to be sorted out, despite them sending me an email saying the item could either be replaced, or order a different cot-bed etc nothing has been done.

I did send a formal complaint as well, my daughter has decided to go for a different cot-bed and I have informed them of this, they promised me free delivery as well but nothing as yet!

no Bazooka, they have not even replied to me. I aim to get a cot-bed from elsewhere .I am not happy with them at all so no idea what to do next

How did you send your formal complaint ? By email or tracked snail mail ?

Have they acknowledged receipt ?

BCOBS