Has a cold virus struck the UK-I clearly have man flu.How are you.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I never get a cold.

Worked outside most my life and always thought as i do not mix with many people that is why i have never been struck down.

But my throat is sore,my beak is running and my eyes are streaming,so i have taken to my nest.

For a few days at least.:roll:

It must be a strong one to catch the owl out.

I have just wondered how it is in your area.Are you struck down by the virus from hell.

Many maybe are laid low as perhaps a cold virus is running rampant

Have you any remedies wise ones out there.Even my ears are itching.

Good grief it may be a door that gave it to me,can you believe such a thing.

Or maybe a supermarket trolley.

Everything may be contaminated.Putting protection on.

Oh,it is to late i am contaminated already.

From a scientist at Cardiff University.

Cold viruses can be passed from person to person by hand contact or by touching contaminated surfaces such as door handles.

Have you caught the virus and who gave it us.Who was the little devil who caught it first.

And how did they catch it.There is a question to answer for the wise ones out there.

OOPS I hope it was not me,going undercover in my nest.Pulling twigs over me and some down feathers.

As the cold is a virus, are you sure you didn't get it from your computer? I'll get me coat :bolt:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

As the cold is a virus, are you sure you didn't get it from your computer? I'll get me coat :bolt:

:lol:

Never thought of that.Getting my disinfectant:madgrin:

Maybe it can travel by beam from Satellite to your computer.:sad:

Star Trek kind of trick

Make it so-Scotty.

Why is it men always feel half gone when catching a bug.

Yet women seem to carry on.

Got to say that,tea and toast has just arrived.

Just letting out a few groans for sympathy.

I hope you get well soon determindator

It clearly is a hard time for us.

I think a week should do it.Then i will step out if it is not to cold.:-)

Just having Island Mix-some sort of cubed fruit,cut up.Packing the vitamin C in.

Take care determindator.I understand how you are feeling.

You have my sympathy,my understanding of this disease that has hit us hard.

I feel a week at least is needed to recover.Or till spring when warmer air arrives.

http://manflu.info/index.htm

Man Flu : The Shocking Truth

Man Flu is a crippling and debilitating disorder indiscriminately striking down male members of the human species without warning. The illness is often referred to pejoratively by female members of the species who are in fact immune from the illness as man flu is now known to exclusively attack the XY chromosome carrier. If Man Flu is kind enough not to kill the infected party it will definitely leave him weak, sick, hurting everywhere and in dire need of TLC.

Apparently Man flu is really quite serious as Men have weaker immune systems. The website linked above, dispels myth, has a fact/fiction section and is very interesting to read.

So ladies.. if your Man genuinely has "Man Flu".. he is ill !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

LOL great site haha

Flu and colds seem to explode just after September, when students leave home and start uni courses all over the country. Taking their regional germs with them. Its their fault :D

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

We must communicate this news to women everywhere.

I will just let out a few groans.

When wifey comes up i will put my withered finger out and point to the article with shaking fingers,hands and body.

This news must be made the most of.

SabreSheep

Students leave home and start uni courses all over the country. Taking their regional germs with them. Its their fault

Flaming students with their germs.

But who got it first and how.

And chest rattles and hurts when coughing as well.Dizziness,aches,all is not well.

My feathers are fading.3 days now.

Who has the cure.

For the Ladies out there it is vital i feel you understand Man Flu and how it affect us.

The Woman's Role as Carer

nurse

If you find yourself in the position of primary carer for your boyfriend or husband then DO NOT PANIC. As explained elsewhere on this site you are completely immune from Man Flu.

Your beloved will shortly become completely dependant on you, requiring you to tend to his every need. Do not shun any request, don't forget that the affliction that he's suffering from is hundreds of times worse than the simple affliction which you know and understand as the common cold.

More vital information on the Link.There are three stages you must understand.

I am sure you will be rewarded with Chocolates and flowers when full recovery is made.

Or anything you desire.

http://manflu.info/womans_role/womans_role.htm

Frequently, following a period of Man Flu, the nominated female carer may also start to exhibit symptoms such as a runny nose and aching joints. This is, of course, the common cold and not Man Flu (obviously!). By far, the best way for her to deal with this is carry on with her normal day to day routine as if the cold wasn't there. After all, it's hardly Man Flu, is it?

I dread this time of year. As someone with asthma, colds go to my chest and having one makes the other worse. Old GP says that cough medicines don't actually do much either.

My Son is a chronic asthmatic, so I have some idea of how you must suffer - have you tried Olbas Oil ? My Son swears by it.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Just get some paracetamol and ibuprofen down you (yes, you can take both at the same time) and crack on...

Yes, there's a cold going around - there always is one of some sorts making the rounds, we've seen a couple of patients struggle to shake this one we have here for a few weeks but do what you can to eat and drink normally, use plenty of analgesia to keep your temperature down and the swelling at bay and you'll be fine.

If the stuffy nose is a bother speak to a pharmacist who can recommend a nasal spray or decongestant.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

Norovirus ( sickness/winter bug ) is horrid, just getting over it .Knocked me for six and is contagious :/

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Norovirus ( sickness/winter bug ) is horrid, just getting over it .Knocked me for six and is contagious :/

You're right - it's absolutely awful.

I remember watching something on Norovirus (ironically while up all night suffering from it) that had said that it's so contagious that if it were more serious it has the potential to wipe out mankind. Scary stuff indeed, it's the one I dread more than the other common things that our patients love to share with us and one of the reasons why I'm so militant about keeping staff and patient toilets seperate. A dose of norovirus amongst the staff could close our surgery for days if it hit at the right (or should I say wrong) time, that's nothing to do with resilience just the fact that we're not big enough to support having a 200% staffing just in-case. My colleagues look at me soft when I send them straight home if there's even a chance of it, just not worth the risk.

Please, for the love of god, wash your hands and use alcogel before grabbing the door handle to leave - you might be strong enough to fight it off but the patient behind you who's on chemo probably isn't.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

Exactly, I always wash hands etc, my baby granddaughter got it first, I know it is waste time going to the Doctors with it as they can not do anything. I am feeling a hell of a lot better but heard it can stay in your system for a very long time and you can get it again!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

I think norovirus was the one which shut down one of the wards in the hospital down here a few years ago. Sounds horrible. :( They do tell you stay away from the hospital and doctors because they can't do anything and it is contagious.

I do sometimes use olbas oil. Have the nasal inhaler thing somewhere and the oil you put on a tissue too. Have had to start wearing nasal strips to bed now so I can actually breathe at night properly.

bit off topic but was wondering why asthmatics had to pay for their prescriptions? I mean surely inhalers are a must? I know some people with medical problems get their prescriptions free so why not asthmatics?

I only ask as I not someone who has had asthma since a small child and has always had to pay for prescriptions apart from when on JSA, and as they need 2 different inhalers it is not cheap, normally last around a month

bit off topic but was wondering why asthmatics had to pay for their prescriptions? I mean surely inhalers are a must? I know some people with medical problems get their prescriptions free so why not asthmatics?

I only ask as I not someone who has had asthma since a small child and has always had to pay for prescriptions apart from when on JSA, and as they need 2 different inhalers it is not cheap, normally last around a month

I agree, I am not sure why this is so.. My Son received the inhalers free until he was 16 I think then had to start paying for them. This has been widely reported in the media as well.

Asthma.Org.UK are campaigning to have the charges stopped

http://www.asthma.org.uk/campaign-prescription-charges

and the following article from 2014

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2556284/Its-unfair-asthma-patients-pay-prescriptions-Good-Health-viewpoint-PROFESSOR-MIKE-THOMAS.html

BCOBS

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/make-asthma-medications-free-from-nhs-prescription-charges

Although my googling has found the following from 2009.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/4413198/Free-medicine-for-asthma-sparks-funding-row.html

It seems as though there was a plan to exempt Asthmatics from prescription charges, it looks like this might not have gone ahead.

I find the arguments against this quite astonishing..

There are also concerns that the move will prompt demands from sufferers of other debilitating conditions, such as Alzheimer's, to be made exempt from charges.

But the proposal has caused anxiety at The Treasury where ministers are demanding that the plans be self-financing as the NHS faces unprecedented pressure on its budget.

It will be announced this week that compensation pay-outs for medical negligence have risen sharply and are set to double next year, putting further pressure on new spending projects.

The cost of extending free prescriptions to asthma sufferers, which is expected to be announced this Spring, could cost tens of millions of pounds a year.

So, because Medical negligence claims have risen sharply Asthmatics and Alzheimer sufferers have to pay for their prescriptions !!

BCOBS

all wrong, asthma can kill so surely prescriptions should be free! even those working may struggle to pay for them, specially if they have to have several at a time and regular x

But giving asthmatics free prescriptions could actually save money, in the sense that it could keep some people out of hospital. I'm lucky that I've not ended up there yet. (touch wood) Some people with asthma have other serious conditions. And as I mentioned above, for many of us, a cold isn't just a cold. (whereas you can shake that off within a few days - mine lasted some 4 weeks over Christmas)

Some people with Asthma are on some 3 inhalers a day.

my ex is on 2 a day, a blue one and a pink one, he used to have 3 a day! and like you say Nystagmite no such thing as a simple cold when you have asthma

I'm on the blue and pink ones too. I changed GP surgery and needed some more inhalers. I was told I had to see the nurse before I could get any more. She was rather surprised at how quickly I'd been put on pink. I had been put on the others before, (there's a certain way the doctors have to do it - they won't just put you on pink to start with) and got no relief at all from them.

he used to be on a brown one as well, the pink one is for night I think? they keep sending him letters to go for an asthma review but only time he can go is very late at night or a Saturday and of course they are not there any of those times! He gets annoyed as none of the so called asthma Nurses etc know anything about asthma.

He has never been hospitalised either luckily but had tests when small to see what he was allergic to, mostly rabbit fur, feathers etc and smoking makes it worse

I've been on the brown one and it did nothing for me at all.

Never had any tests done to find out what I'm allergic too. Went to the GP originally on the basis that I'd cough a lot during and after exercise. It turns out I have other triggers including deodorant, the weather, smoke and a certain persons text messages. (he's very sarcastic!)

It's also genetic according to the last nurse I saw.

Just a update.

I am healed.Only a slight cough left.

I am hoping determindator has recovered.

We went through a terrible experience of that there can be no doubt.:violin:

For the ladies out there who we really can not live without.

God bless you all.

Here is step two and three through which i have just passed.

Stage 2 - It's not a cold, it's the 'flu. Your beloved will barely be able to lift his fingers to work the remote control by now. There will be dramatic displays of coughing and chest holding. He will present a red and sniffly nose, and a phantom fever. Do not mention

Stage 3 - It's not completely gone, but I think it's going. By now your beloved will be physically exhausted. He will have spent the previous seven days teetering on the brink of death only to have pulled through. However, he will start to feel less 'achy all over', and begin to move short distances away from the sofa. Hang in there with your pampering, you're nearly done. This stage can typically last from six to ten days. Please be aware that any sarcastic references to Man Flu at this stage can render the hapless victim straight back to the life threatening stage 2. He should be allowed a suitable period of convalescence (the length to be suggested by him) prior to being tasked with household tasks.

I only just managed to write this.Energy used has wiped me out.:-(