style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wondered if anyone has experience of this. My daughter rents a studio flat through an Estate Agent and has decided to move into a larger flat with her sister through the same agent. They have someone new for the studio flat and have set a date for 5 December for her to move. They have now e mailed to say that the new client for the studio cannot move in till 22 December so my daughter must pay 2 rents from 5 to 22 Dec - £227. The new person was prepared to move in earlier but just seems to have changed her plans. Does this sound fair that we have to pay 2 rents? Would appreciate any advice. Many thanks.

Wondered if anyone has experience of this. My daughter rents a studio flat through an Estate Agent and has decided to move into a larger flat with her sister through the same agent. They have someone new for the studio flat and have set a date for 5 December for her to move. They have now e mailed to say that the new client for the studio cannot move in till 22 December so my daughter must pay 2 rents from 5 to 22 Dec - £227. The new person was prepared to move in earlier but just seems to have changed her plans. Does this sound fair that we have to pay 2 rents? Would appreciate any advice. Many thanks.

They're trying it on. If they have already accepted your daughter will leave on 5th and move into the new flat, then they have accepted the tenancy is over, they can't now come back and ask her to pay two lots of rent. Equally, she can't say she doesn't want to move anymore.