dca chasing glasgow bus lane fine - I'd sold car weeks before

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

at my wits end with this,

i sold a car 18th AUG 2014

the new owner went into a bus lane in Glasgow city centre on 12th SEPT 2014.

The council contacted DVLA one week after and they provided them with my details, because their system was still showing me as the registered keeper.

For over a year now and i have been fighting Glasgow city council and stirling park(debt recovery) over this mistake,

i have provided DVLA headed documents to show that i wasnt the registered keeper at the time of the contravention yet they STILL chasing me for the debt.

They have no right chasing me for money that i ain't liable for as far as iam aware??:|

Can someone please help, so i can get these people off my back?

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative word removed.

The dca can be ignored

They are not baillifs

And have no such legal powers

Let then pass it back to the council

Dx

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Its got to the point where the letter today says they have sent out sheriff officers to look for assets to be sold at auction (my car that i sold AUG 2014),

they claim they are going to court to get access to my bank account.

above all its the constant letters and phone calls i want to stop..

.. is there a template letter i could sent them that would be enough for them to realise that iam not been bullied into paying a debt thats not mine?

Short and is no

And read the dca letters carefully

They don't say will anywhere

Only the council can do those things

Have you written to the enforcement dept

And copied them the dvla letter?

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Instruct your local MP to get a grip of the council, and cc in all of your local councillors too.

Tell the LA, that they should issue court summons this week if they're so confident on winning when you have provided them with the evidence that you're not responsible, councils really are dumb.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yup sent DCA and Council the documents, there response is that because i never appealed within 28 days then i'am liable for the debt :roll: i wasn't in the country during the appeal period so i was none the wiser.

Ignore the DCA completely, deal direct with the LA.

And to reiterate IGNORE the tin pot powerless DCA, they can do exactly nothing!

Send the clueless clowns the telephone harassment letter,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387367-Harassment-by-Telephone-**Update-21st-April-2014**

And then IGNORE them.

Keep a diary of events regarding their harassment, and start the LA's complaints procedure, and use the harassment by their chosen third party clown outfit against them, they are ultimately responsible for the actions of their chosen third parties.

And if you have this

they claim they are going to court to get access to my bank account.
in writing, then a complaint regarding that blatant untruth should be made to the FCA also.
  • Confused 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I wasn't sure if MPs would be interested in debt or legal issues, sorry for the naivety regarding this situation

Your MP is there to do what we ask of them. They will no doubt palm it off onto the councillors but they need to be informed of what is going on in their constituents lives, in order they can at some point in the next millennium, bring about change.

And start your LA's complaints procedure, this is wrong on every level and as usual LA's are notoriously lethargic about changing.

Why didn't you just use the proper appeal process and go to the adjudication service?

As above i wasn't in the country during their 28 day appeals window and after that they are not interested.

Except technically he doesnt because the vehicle was not registered in the OP's name and as such the PCN should never have been issued to him. The council is wrong and they know it. But like almost all councils, they see the public as an anonymous statistic and think they can ignore and theyll pay up.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

As has been advised, ignore the tin pot powerless dca, and start the LA's lethargic complaints procedure, email and writing ONLY.

If you write to them then obtain ''proof of posting'' which is free from the PO counter.

You can find your local MP's details and email them using https://www.writetothem.com/

Except technically he doesnt because the vehicle was not registered in the OP's name and as such the PCN should never have been issued to him. The council is wrong and they know it. But like almost all councils, they see the public as an anonymous statistic and think they can ignore and theyll pay up.

The PCN was issued to the person they correctly (based on DVLA info) believed to be the owner the person who the PCN was served on then has 28 days to dispute the claim which he failed to do.

From the Ops info, dvla provided documents to the council to say the op wasn't the owner/keeper of the vehicle. Council is at fault here and the pcn should have been cancelled upon receipt of the info. They didn't cancel it, and they kept chasing the op.

Again, fully the councils fault

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The PCN was issued to the person they correctly (based on DVLA info) believed to be the owner the person who the PCN was served on then has 28 days to dispute the claim which he failed to do.

does this mean i can take action on the DVLA for breach of data protection?

As has been advised, ignore the tin pot powerless dca, and start the LA's lethargic complaints procedure, email and writing ONLY.

If you write to them then obtain ''proof of posting'' which is free from the PO counter.

You can find your local MP's details and email them using

ty for the advice i will be following this up tomorrow morning

Good idea!!

Dx

and they

From the Ops info, dvla provided documents to the council to say the op wasn't the owner/keeper of the vehicle. Council is at fault here and the pcn should have been cancelled upon receipt of the info. They didn't cancel it, and they kept chasing the op.

Again, fully the councils fault

So if you received a PCN and the Council missed a legal deadline would you still feel it only right you paid it? The timescales apply to both parties you cannot just cherry pick which regulations you think are fair!

Why isn't this on the DCA forum? The OP seems to think the registered keeper of a vehicle is the owner, and is seeking some magic letter to send out.

Advice so far ranges from ignoring the DCA, to contacing an MP, to sending a telephone harassment letter, to lodging a complaint etc.

If he's going to get proper advice, it needs to be on the correct forum.