Credit reference Agencies and inaccurate reporting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Getting away with what?

Cra providers simply report info reported to them

Might not be your target...

Tell us the story please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

The credit agencies are private firms,

I was surprised to learn that they do not fall under the Freedom of information act 1998 / 2000,

what they are getting away with is inaccurate reporting of peoples financial history,

the reporting can alter significantly and to boot, the terminology they use such as "Credit Application" is inaccurate ,

I had a dispute and still do so with experian,

they altered the algorithm of how they conclude your point scoring system,

this is purely internal and subject ONLY to their criteria,

the result for us, or people like me is a huge deficit in my previous score to now,

whilst nothing has changed on my credit file, so does this make the previous score factor "Inaccurate" and if so.

.. what have I been paying them for?! I'm looking into this so obviously restricted to what info I can offer at the moment, and also not sure this is the correct place to have this thread.

Whilst it would cost you £10.00 for each agency, if you were wanting to obtain Data on your own files, you could send a Subject Access to them for the "FULL" data package.

I will move your thread to the correct forum for further discussion. it will just be an administrative move with a redirect so you will have no problems locating your thread, which will still be accessible via your User Control Panel.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Having posted above, and then reread your post#5 I suspect you are wanting more of a general overview of the way the CRAs operate rather than personal data.

Which you would only receive via a FOI, which of course you have already discovered they do not fall under :(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi

The credit agencies are private firms, I was surprised to learn that they do not fall under the Freedom of information act 1998 / 2000, what they are getting away with is inaccurate reporting of peoples financial history, the reporting can alter significantly and to boot, the terminology they use such as "Credit Application" is inaccurate , I had a dispute and still do so with experian, they altered the algorithm of how they conclude your point scoring system, this is purely internal and subject ONLY to their criteria, the result for us, or people like me is a huge deficit in my previous score to now, whilst nothing has changed on my credit file, so does this make the previous score factor "Inaccurate" and if so... what have I been paying them for?! I'm looking into this so obviously restricted to what info I can offer at the moment, and also not sure this is the correct place to have this thread.

The credit ratings agencies are in competition with each other. Not all credit providers use all of them and the information reported varies. The way they calculate credit scores is probably different.

From what i recall more credit providers use Equifax than Experian, so it might be worth comparing your record with Equifax.

If there is a problem with the CRA's and lack of clarity regarding data, you can always complain to the ICO. The CRA's should be forced to furnish you with the data they have used that relates to you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Having posted above, and then reread your post#5 I suspect you are wanting more of a general overview of the way the CRAs operate rather than personal data.

Which you would only receive via a FOI, which of course you have already discovered they do not fall under :(

Thanks for moving the thread, yes as above I cannot obtain this information, legally they have boxed themselves in, intentionally which I find odd, since we have greater ethics towards financial institutions these days, although I'm not easily put off and I intend to dig out every last bit of information I can.

I'm aware they all use varying scoring factors, which leads me to think... How fair are our credit scores?

I don't understand how they can use terms which are not strictly accurate either, and that is the basis of my challenge, thus far! Last month my credit score on experian was 785, logged in today to find it's basically junk at 546... bare in mind, nothing other than the fact my overall credit debt balance has reduced, so I've brought down this figure thus I have less debt but my score has had gone negative.

I just think something seriously unfair is going on here.

The credit ratings agencies are in competition with each other. Not all credit providers use all of them and the information reported varies. The way they calculate credit scores is probably different.

From what i recall more credit providers use Equifax than Experian, so it might be worth comparing your record with Equifax.

If there is a problem with the CRA's and lack of clarity regarding data, you can always complain to the ICO. The CRA's should be forced to furnish you with the data they have used that relates to you.

That was my thinking and so I did just this, I found that some items do not appear on one file but do on the other, one of them was my Virgin media which I have held an account with for 8 years.. yet experian never saw this?!

I will start my own thread, but please give more specific information about Equifax as i'm looking to take an injunction out on Equifax, and need other witnesses to make my case stronger.

Send me a link to the new thread when you start it, I'll add any info I think might help in there, rather than here.

BCOBS