Experian Changes

ads_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Low and behold after two years of trying to get my credit score was looking reasonable on Experian, they go and make changes.

Yesterday credit score was 627.

Today credit score is 386

Any new Defaults? Nope

Any Missed Payments? Nope

Any New Searches? Nope

What has changed? Nothing

All they have gone and done is changed their processes! What a bunch of balls.

Can they prove they are inline with the way other lenders score banks? Nope.

So what is the point of this service that 14.99 is being taken each month.

Think it's time I reclaimed the "ID theft" insurance.

The score on experian is pretty meaningless as any prospective lenders will have their own scoring method, but get claiming for the id theft.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yep, heart in the mouth moment when my score dropped from 991 to 724 this morning. They could have given us a bit of warning or something.

Was nearly late for work checking that there hadn't been any spurious entries since I last looked at my report. Luckily there hadn't been but this wasn't a great way to start the day!

LOL Mine decreased from 956 to 585 a decrease of 371 laughable really... as score was no way where it should have been given I have defaults so score was no way in relation to my credit worthiness.... Think Noodle give a better insight to the real score.... not that it really matters as lenders have they own way when deciding to give credit or not, the score on these sites are just numbers.....

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

Not looking for credit but was furious to see I had been dropped by 350 points !! Equafax still showing excellent and Noddle showing 3/5. Oh well time to stop paying for monthly access.

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Blimey I was upset by my reduction I was 836 reduced by 131 points experian said it's because lenders criteria have changed so scores are changed to reflect that I don't understand that so nothing for the consumer, well I'm going to be 14.99 a month better off at least.

Not looking for credit but was furious to see I had been dropped by 350 points !! Equafax still showing excellent and Noddle showing 3/5. Oh well time to stop paying for monthly access.

3/5 been mine for a few years - time has got me deals not silly useless scores

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

• 2 months later...

I can honestly say I was improving my score when using credit expert but after dropping over 400 points the day they changed their criteria, it all felt pretty pointless...I know the score isn't used by lenders (i worked for experian for 8 years) but its a good indication....felt like I am banging my head against a brick wall....so anyway im £14.99 a month better off aswell.....grrrrrrrrrrr:evil: