Car Diagnostics & Warranties---Is there public support?

scaniaman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder, in the light of recent trouble, if there is enough public support to have the Dept of Trade look into the whole used car warranty system.

The story to date is that I had trouble with the door locking system & reported this to the warranty company. They instructed me to take car to garage for check & after garage report would consider whether to authorise repair.

First problem I disagree with is that I had to pay for diagnostic check (£90)---WHY---it's not my fault if modern mechanics don't have experience to detect problem!

However, garage reported a fault found by computer to warranty company who BINGO actually authorised the fitting of a new part.

New part fitted but fault (intermittent) is still there. Garage won't carry out further investigation unless I pay for it and say warranty won't cover repair if it is found to be an electrical fault. It's a French car, so I'm 99.9% sure it's either corrosion or a damaged wire.

So, it would appear that in this instance, that the warranty company are going to have to pay for parts & labour for a part that was not required---all thanks to a computer.

Given the number of complaints about warranty companies, does anyone think it's worth my while trying to take this further???

Does not matter what waranty you have, be it a car or a computer

So many get out clauses and money for old rope

I got burned by Welcome Finance and their so called extended warranty Bovine Excrement

Finance companies and business will not complain as it goes onto the finance agreement and compounded by the APR

Everyone wins except the consumer sold a lemon of a financial product

Thread title amended scaniaman

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

S---, Work done in September, so new regs won't help.

Hyundai warranty but administered by Motorway direct, who farm it out to some outfit called Prestige?????

Have email address of Tony Whitehorn who I think is gaffer of Hyundai Uk, so maybe give him a shout