Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1615 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

My son had a student account with Halifax when he first went to university.


Sadly, due to mental health problems, now diagnosed as bipolar disorder, he dropped out of university.


Halifax agreed to freeze the account.

In recent months his health has deteriorated again, and he is now claiming Employment and Support Allowance and living back at home with us.


Halifax have recently decided to charge him £16 per month for the overdraft, but as this month's payment has put him into 'Unplanned Overdraft' he has been charged another £5 per day on top of this, so the debt is now mounting .


I've put some funds into the account to try and alleviate the situation, but wondering what we can do next.


He's not in any fit state today to speak to anyone at the bank.

Edited by SkiNellieB

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd write to Halifax and ask them to close the account


It's not fair under FCA conc rules that penalty charges place people in debt


Does he use it at all now



please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..


if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...