Sent both Prem letter and LBA and still nothing

michaela888203
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have just started to claim back my bank charges.

Luckly enough got my statements on line, so printed them off, highlighted them all and sent it off in the post, by recorded delivery on the 2nd Oct.

Been chasing since then, tracking on the website. Letter still not delivered.

The letter is dated 2nd Oct, and gives them 14 days in which to reply.

But I rang the Royal Mail, thy said it could take up to 15 workign days to be delivered (CRAP).

What happens then ?

There's a good chance they arrived.

Either way - you need to send them a breakdown of charges, not 6 years worth of statements!!!

One sheet with a list of the dates, descriptions and amounts of charges, with a total at the bottom is all that is required.

Personally, I would send the page I describe with a covering letter saying the last one got lost in the post.

• 3 weeks later...

14 calendar days.

Move on to the next step.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

christmasrallycag_468x60.gif

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

It's just 14 days.

Just carry on with your claim as normal - HSBC tend not to answer a lot of the time. Sometimes you won't here from them till you've filed a claim in the court!

If it was your prelim letter, move onto your LBA.

Dani

I suggest you read through the FAQs thoroughly. You should have done this before you sent the first letter really, but make sure you do it now before you go any further.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

christmasrallycag_468x60.gif

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I'm still waiting and the 14 days is up on Wednesday! MCOL here I come!

I think some (if not most) people never hear anything from HSBC, like I said I certainly haven't, and I fully expect the next correspondence I receive will be from their solicitors.

Don't worry we WILL get our money back :-)

HSBC Prelim letter sent - 04.10.2006 - £1,740

HSBC LBA Sent - 23.10.2006

HSBC MCOL submitted - 08.11.2006

HSBC Breakdown sent to DG - 10.12.2006

A&L Credit Card S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent - 23.10.2006

A&L Credit Card Prelim letter sent - 10.12.2006 - £1,697.90

I am really scared about sending the small courts claim ?

Why does this have to happen to me ?

I sent them by Recorded Delivery also, so I know they have got them

It's happening to loads of people, not just you. I have sent 4 letters to HSBC and their LBA deadline is up on the 13th (have sent two LBA's).

Don't worry about not getting a reply, the people who have got replies have only got standard fob off letters or partial offers anyway - HSBC needn't have bothered.

Just stick to your guns and keep all receipts etc and double check everything that you have done/are doing.

The MCOL thing is done in a few simple steps and if you read the FAQ's and a few threads... then just clarify with people in the forum, you will be fine.

Ideally we would all like the bank to write to us and say 'No problem Mrs X... here's your cheque and have a great Christmas' - but at least look at it this way, it's money you never thought you'd see again (and probably had forgotten all about and just accepted it was going each month) and when you get to the MCOL stage you can add a nice 8%, so you're getting extra!

should I send another LBA then, and see what happens ?

Nooooooooooooo!!!

You have sent one, and they have had 14 days? If so, file your MCOL now. They have ignored you and will only respond to the courts now - they ignore letters and hope people give up. This is how they work. Usually within a few days of filing your MCOL, they make a partial offer too... judging by what others on here have said.

Hi Michaela

I'm in the same boat as you, sent both my prem and LBA, no response, submitted my claim on Wed (14 days are up), bring it on!! (She says anxiously!!!):rolleyes: I'm not backing out now..... keep me posted?

Amanda

I filed MCOL too today... was nervous as hell afterwards as it was for a business account and the wording was slightly different... but it's done now, after having to amend once.. so let's see what happens next!!!

hi michaela, there is a scale of fees according to the amount of the claim

up to £300 court fee is £30

£300.01 - £500 " £50

£500.01 - £1,000 " £80

£1,000.01 - £5,000 " £120

£5,000.01 - ? not sure " £250

Hi all,

I'm in the same boat as all you guys, my LBA deadline is tomorrow, so I'll wait (in I guess false hope for the letter from the bank) until Thursday, then it's MCOL time (yep I'm nervous I'll be THE ONE) that gets front page of the Sun (and other repitable papers) saying "banks win against mugs" or similar LOL but having come this far I 'aint giving up NOW !!

Steve (scared stiff at mo)

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

• 4 months later...