Newlyn - they want to sell my car for unpaid parking tickets from the previuos owner!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have been sent this email by newlyn

can anyone advise me what to do as they said they will sell my car in 48 hours!!

thank you.

If it is your intention to take this matter further against Newlyn PLC by issuing Court proceedings,

you must do so in accordance with Paragraph 60(4)(a) of Schedule 12 of the Taking Control of Goods Regulations 2013

. Your remedy is to make an application under CPR 85 to your local County Court,

making a payment into the court for the value of the controlled goods.

We anticipate that the goods will sell for £1600.00 which is considered the value amount, with the addition of £40.00 per day storage charges.

If a sealed Court Order is not received within 48 hours of this email, the vehicle will be entered into public auction to discharge the Warrant of Control.

If you are in any doubt as to your position you should seek independent legal advice as a matter of urgency.

Any legal action taken against Newlyn PLC, our creditor or our Enforcement agent will be taken very seriously and vigorously defended.

In the event that we are successful in defending any claim on controlled goods made, we will seek to recover our wasted costs of doing so through a costs order of the Court.

We reserve the right to show this email to the Court in the event that you take legal proceedings against Newlyn PLC or our creditor.

I would suggest however that you discuss this matter with the named debtor and simply ensure that the Warrant(s) of control issued against them are discharged

, thus ensuring the released of the controlled goods.

Regards Newlyn PLC.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

so what the debt they are chasing council tax?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I've started a new thread for you so that you can have advice on your particular situation rather than someone else's. The forum guys should be along later.

My best, HB

thank you for that

Why not just show them the V5 in your name??

i bought the from traders on the 1st of october and iv only got the green slip and the reciept and still awaiting fot log full log book and btw iv sen in proof that i am the new owner but still rejected my claim and email that they will sell my car with in 48 hours.

The details are probably already updated on the system. DVLA are notoriously slow for getting the paperwork out.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Any other background, where and when did they take control of the vehicle? They look to be forcing you into interpleader as per Sch 12 where you will have to make an application and pay the £1600 estimated value into the court.

How did you pay for the vehicle, and was the receipt on headed paper? Have sou sent copies to the creditor?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Any other background, where and when did they take control of the vehicle? They look to be forcing you into interpleader as oer Sch 12 where you will have to make an application and pay the £1600 estimated value into the court.

How did you pay for the vehicle, and was the receipt on headed paper? Have sou sent copies to the creditor?

i bought the car as salvage and repaired it, i spent quite alot on it

i bought the car as salvage and repaired it, i spent quite alot on it

Does the receipt have the Salvage Companies logo on it?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Where was the car parked- on a public road or on private property.

If they towed from private property at an address that is not on their warrant they are in trouble.

you can check this with the original court.

If it was on the public highway then they arent.

Be more detailed in your answers and we wont have to ask so many questions.

Did the salvage co/original owner inform the DVLA the car was scrapped/sent to salvage

and was this recorded on the documents you have (your insurance for example) it will all help prove ownership

and Newlyns will be less likely to want to sell it and have to pay you a bundle of money back later.

They should have known when they were searching for the vehicle (they should have done a check with the DVLA and this will be recorded at the DVLA

so ask them who has done a search and when)

who the keeper was at the time and have proof that their records were correct on the day they took the vehicle

unless the car was controlled goods before that date.

They wont be able to charge you storage as you have no contract with them as any claim they have is with the original owner.

I'm a little wary of this as it has been more than 24 hours since certain questions have been asked with no response. Would have thought if it was as urgent as first made out then we may have seen some response.

Hopefully I have my wires crossed and apologise if I have, but ...................................

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm a little wary of this as it has been more than 24 hours since certain questions have been asked with no response. Would have thought if it was as urgent as first made out then we may have seen some response.

Hopefully I have my wires crossed and apologise if I have, but ...................................

I became concerned at the use of one line answers. I have no reason to doubt that the question is genuine but I fear that there may be some background information regarding the purchase of the car that may lead to a degree of doubt.

Your remedy is to make an application under CPR 85 to your local County Court, making a payment into the court for the value of the controlled goods.

We anticipate that the goods will sell for £1600.00 which is considered the value amount, with the addition of £40.00 per day storage charges.

If a sealed Court Order is not received within 48 hours of this email, the vehicle will be entered into public auction to discharge the Warrant of Control.

I am a stickler for accurate information and that is why I wish to highlight the above which was contained in a letter from Newlyn Plc to the poster.

The correct position is that it will be for a JUDGE to decide and not Newlyn Plc as to whether or not a payment has to be made into court and how much. Such applications are thankfully very rare indeed.

The relevant CPR is 85.10 e BA.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I've said it before and now the Crown Prosecution Service appears to agree with me, Schedule 12 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 does not apply to parking - it only applies to judicial courts and not the Traffic Enforcement Centre which is not a judicial court. Thus CPR 85 does not apply either

I've said it before and now the Crown Prosecution Service appears to agree with me, Schedule 12 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 does not apply to parking - it only applies to judicial courts and not the Traffic Enforcement Centre which is not a judicial court. Thus CPR 85 does not apply either

Can you provide further details.

I sent you a copy of the letter on 17th October.

A discontinuance of a prosecution brought under Section 68a, Schedule 12 of the Tribunals, Courts & Enforcement Act 2007 following representations composed by Fair Parking and due to be heard in Westminster Magistrates Court court 5 days later.

• 4 weeks later...