Vodafone porting nightmare - can't receive calls - Vodafone Ref [#11853279]

kxaddiso

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know this is almost two years later...but I am having the same problem.

I have recently upgraded my phone through Vodafone...I was with them before...the upgrade process went terribly wrong and so when I finally got my phone 2 weeks late, and 15 phone calls later, I put my sim card in, and I had no data.

To resolve the issue I got another Vodafone sim (which was sent with the phone) and they moved and ported the number across to the new sim. Data issue eventually got resolved...

HOWEVER since the porting of the number - I have not been able to receive calls AT ALL!!!!

So for the last 30 days...(YES 30 DAYS!!!!) I have been unable to receive calls. I have made over 10 calls - every 2 days to chase this up...and every time I am told that it has been escalated to the highest possible back end support where there are 'genius engineers' - their words not mine - that are working on it.

The fact that it has taken so long is RIDICULOUS - but what I find most frustrating is that no one updates you as to what the latest is....instead you have to phone...and with to speak to someone (up to 30 min wait) - just to be told that the 'genius engineers' are still working on it!

:-x:-x:-x Needless to say I feel as though I am hitting my head against a brick wall...Any advice on how I can get this resolved?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-APRIL-2015-**(2-Viewing)-nbsp

Follow the instructions in the link above - when you receive your reference number from Vodafone, pop it in your thread so that Lee the CAG Vodafone Rep can see it and make contact with you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Mini update

They have replied and asked for more information which I have duly responded to. Still no reply. no regular update....

I am trying to be patient by this is simply ridiculous