style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here Goes,

I was caught shoplifting in boots. I feel so ashamed I haven't been sleeping .

On this particular day I extremely tired I had been in hospital the night before Dad who was very ill.

I went in there to get some stress tablets and nappies.

I used self scan ( I thought I scan the item in)

I placed them I'm my bag for life.

Put my card in.

I thought I paid , but to be honest I was so tried I pulled my card out before the payment completed.

i left the store thinking I paid.

Only to be chased by a security guard.

I explained it must be a mistake.

I showed to my receipt.

To my horror it had only scan the baby wipes and not they other two items.

So I had only paid for baby wipes.

The security Guards was really aggressive, saying women they me think there to good.

That it was his store and how dare me think I steal things.

He demanded my I'd and made a photocopy

I tried to explain I made a mistake and never intended to do.

His reply was ' there something wrong you, your a lair,

I offered to pay he refused.

He had his manager there

he told here don't speak her she a lair.

show my CCTV he called the police.

the three police offices arrived .

I have to say the two male police officers were very nice.

Listen to my story ( police were very fair and can't praise them enough )

. I explained I never been in trouble with police in my life until now.

So I was given a community resolution order

I also sign I banning order.

I left the store mortified.

But to my horror this security has shared my photo and information on my local area.

Everywhere I go shopping I have security guards following me around the store.

Or waiting outside.

I feel like a criminal. I now dread going shopping. It's giving me anxiety.

What I most afraid of I work in the same area.

I worried one of the security will disclose to my employer what I have done.

I may lose my job.

I have not told anyone except you xxx

Edited by Redboo77
formatting

Hello and welcome to CAG - I have relocated your thread to the correct forum and I am sure others will be along with some advice for you soon.

This is purely an administrative move and you will still be able to post on your thread :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

But to my horror this security has shared my photo and information on my local area. Everywhere I go shopping I have security guards following me around the store. Or waiting outside.

Are you sure about this ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hmm, I am not actually sure they can do that. however, I have flagged your thread for others on the site team who have more knowledge about this than I do.

BCOBS

Since the Police were involved then the Police can provide a list of known shoplifters as a data file to all businesses that operate under the scheme. The local CCTV office could even get it, and call ahead to scheme users aswell.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Thanks for reply. To be honest I feel like I never leave the house as I be labelled a criminal for the rest of my life.

Seems that even though it was not classified as a conviction.

It is in fact how I was will be treated.

Knowing this makes me feel even worse.

I can't even move on.

I will be forever followed around shop and have security waited out side.

Even though I wait at the till and pay for every item.

I was forever be labeled a awful person.

You can still go in other shops. If you arent stealing, let them follow you. Theyll soon know theyre wasting their time.

THe police have dealt with you, end of story. If RLP or any other company comes chasing you, just ignore them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Look many people have made mistakes at checkout I have especially at Tescos with the new scan as you shop gizmo. I have often scanned 6 of the same item and only 5 have scanned. It is an easy mistake to make. It has flagged up when the till calls for a check. Then the assistant finds an item not scanned. It happened it's dealt with now move on please and forget about it.

All you can do is hold your head up and move on it will pass. We tell other posters the same.

As the above post states don't fall for the begging letters that will turn up. But keep them for further use in the future.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Hi and welcome to CAG

I'm afraid they are allowed to do this as it falls under the Data Protection Act, particularly the part 'for the prevention and detection of crime'

I must say however, this is a very heavy handed response by Boots security. As far as I was aware, the Townwatch scheme (different names in different areas) was to be used for prolific shoplifters and not for one offs.

In your situation, I would write to Boots head office, firstly apologising for your actions and explaining why the error occurred and asking them to rescind the ban but then go on to complain about the heavy handed response from their security staff. IF the security staff are a subcontractor, try to get the details of that company and complain to them as well.

One off cases like yours (unless you have shoplifted before) should not go further than the store involved but as there is no regulations to monitor this, I have no idea how far you will get.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

a few months ago I made a terriable mistake. I got caught shoplifting.

I thought I scan all the items at self scan

( extremely tried on this day after being in hospital with my dad who extremely ill)

any I thought I paid for everything.

I left the store.only to be chased by a security guard.

I explained it must have been mistake.

to my horror it had only scan one item which I paid for.

Because I had packed the other items as well into my bag for life.(accidently not paid)

the security was really aggressive, calling me a lier , saying I look the type who shoplifting all the time.

I would like to stress I had never shopliftered in my life until that moment. (Never use self scan again as long I live).

the police were called, I admit I done it the value of the items came £28.00 I sign a community resoultion order.

So here my question.

' its classification is it not a caution or criminal conviction' won't be disclosed on a basic check

(not to sure what that is) but made disclosed on enhanced check in the additional information.

So I want apply for a job on the NHS.

I know they do enhanced checks.

Should I wait two and half years for it to classified as spent.

And then apply.

Or will it be disclosed regards less how long I wait?

I have researched on some websites it says a community order is spent straight away,

others two and half years.

Can stay on my record for six years .

Others say till 99 years of age.

So I went to know if my life over will this haunt be forever.

old and new threads merged please keep to one thread.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

so it does not show to the NHS if you read the posts following the above link

and they

so it does not show to the NHS if you read the posts following the above link

Most DBS checks for / on behalf of the NHS involve the concept that the role may involve access to vulnerable people (adults or children).

The key is if the application notes that the post is exempt from the provisions of the rehabilitation of offenders legislation.

If it states this, then one can assume an enhanced DBS check will follow and:

A) any conviction never becomes spent for the purpose of that check, while

B) the OP's community resolution order MIGHT appear under "other information at Chief Officer's discretion"

Even if it showed, it might not prevent the OP being offered the post.

I'd suggest they contact the HR person dealing with applications and explain the events / background.

If applying for an NHS post, i would declare it anyway. It shows you are completely honest about your past. If you dont declare it, and it gets reported on the DBS check, you are more likely to be rejected. IF you get rejected anyway for stating it, then its part and parcel of the results of criminal behaviour.

Saying that though, there are plenty of people that declare CRO's , and still get the jobs

Thank you all for your kind replies.

I have always been honest.

I will totally be truthful at interviews.

I wish I could turn back time.

Never go to that should when I was in shock.

I had been in hospital all night with my father's.

Had some distressing news from test results.

I really wish I never entered that store and made that mistake.

It will forever hand over my head.

I never commit a crime before and never intended to.

Or will as long as live.

I just hope my life not going to be ruined.

Thanks again for help and support.

I just hope my life not going to be ruined.

It wont be ruined over something as silly as this. Just be honest and if they say not accepted, then so be it.

I was caught shoplifting in boots...

No, you were not.

I thought I paid , but to be honest I was so tired I pulled my card out before the payment completed. i left the store thinking I paid.

Because what you describe here was NOT a theft. Stealing requires intentional dishonesty. This was a mistake. Anyone can make a mistake, it is not a crime. When you explained what had happened, there should have been no further action.

I have to say the two male police officers were very nice.

Listen to my story ( police were very fair and can't praise them enough )

They might have been smiling to your face, but they were not acting fairly towards you. The explanation you gave could not justify a criminal offence being recorded against you. They have taken advantage of your stress and anxiety. You should be angry. Consider making a complaint. Speak to a solicitor.

No, you were not.

Because what you describe here was NOT a theft. Stealing requires intentional dishonesty. This was a mistake. Anyone can make a mistake, it is not a crime. When you explained what had happened, there should have been no further action.

They might have been smiling to your face, but they were not acting fairly towards you. The explanation you gave could not justify a criminal offence being recorded against you. They have taken advantage of your stress and anxiety. You should be angry. Consider making a complaint. Speak to a solicitor.

Speak to a solicitor about what?