help please with Acendon (as they are known at the moment.)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes ofcourse include them

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The sub account 2 is obviously the charges they have added. It also shows payments made towards the arrears - did you actually make payments towards the charges ? if not it seems they may have allocated some of your monthly payment to that account.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

The sub account 2 is obviously the charges they have added. It also shows payments made towards the arrears - did you actually make payments towards the charges ? if not it seems they may have allocated some of your monthly payment to that account.

We have been paying £10 on top of £127.94 contractual monthly payment as advised by their field agent towards the loan arrears and have been doing so since July 2014.

We have not paid anything towards their charges as far as i know.

We couldnt anyway as we just make a payment and hope they put it as our monthly payment.

Our online account with them simply shows the remaining total loan figure and underneath total arrears all mingled into one

Are they allowed to do this.

I have noticed irregularities in the statements

such as we pay 127 and it shows as 97.00 (or 97 and 30 or 40 as if we had made two separate payments) this has happened once or twice.

Are they manipulating the figures???

Ell-enn, i really need that draft letter you mentioned as reclaiming interest etc... is going to take me a while to sort out figures etc...

Lightfoots state we have to pay by the 4th December .

Thankyou

I'll sort the letter for you in the morning and post on here. Do you have bank statements showing how much you have paid - it will be useful to show that what you have paid towards your mortgage each month had been allocated differently by them.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thanks very much, Yes i have all statements and web receipts from Acenden from when we paid by debit card through their website before July 2014 .

After this we switched to paying by faster payment through our account on advice again from their field agent and they started charging us the £5 alternative payment fee.

I have just paid this months by standing order to intentionally avoid this charge from now on.

I just looked again at that 5 year account statement from lightfoots in the pdf above and

under sub account 2 it shows payment made ,

we have never made any of those ,

so they do seem to be allocating parts of our payment to the arrears fee account

.I assume this is to keep us intentionally in payment arrears :x

I just checked two examples from the 5 year account from lightfoots . Checked 26th aug2014 and 25 Sept 201and

The first is showing as paid 127.94 (according to my bank statement i paid 137.94,again

for the second it shows a payment of 132.97 (according to my bank statement its says i paid 137.94).

That is just two examples.

Another one 26th May 2015 says on lightfoot supplied statement as 97.94,(according to bank statement i paid 137.94)

which would i assume account for the £40 payment i supposedly made to the default fee sub account on the same date.

Is this legal???

Ive just noticed that on page 6 of 9 on the statement pages from lightfoot under the payment shortfall column,

which on the 27th oct stood at 27.94 and

then at the 15th nov it goes down to 17.94 ,

says cheque payment of 10.00

.(that 10.00 was the postal order for the SAR request.?

Yes, that's how it looks to me. I'll get the letter to you tomorrow.

Thanks very much Ell-enn. This is really getting me worrying ,seems they can do alsorts that im not aware of until i see these statements in full. Do you think they are going to take along time with the SAR?

Also would acenden also be repsonsible for any charges whilst the loan was capstone or london mortgages?

Yes they would

There are numerous old threads here on all the stnts capstone used to pull

Sadly I thought all of that was outlawed years ago when they got shutdown

Seems like they but in another name still doing it

Dreadful times

Dx

and they

Thanks DX,

Right looks like i will have more fee charges to claim then, as i had a few problems in the 2008-9 period with their other aliases and paid them all off ,that was when i thought you had to and assumed that they were classed as fair and you couldn`t do anything about them..

That sar will be very revealing

Of course theyll prob not supply nowt bar their loan details

You or us will need to investigate who fire arrows at as well as other sar s probably

I that in seeing what statements you have this loans was not to pay off any of that old stuff?

So p'haps a sep thread is needed if no refinance

And I bet they'll pull the 6yrs rule

But if it was secured its 12 yrs

Dx

and they

and they

That sar will be very revealing

Of course theyll prob not supply nowt bar their loan details

You or us will need to investigate who fire arrows at as well as other sar s probably

I that in seeing what statements you have this loans was not to pay off any of that old stuff?

So p'haps a sep thread is needed if no refinance

And I bet they'll pull the 6yrs rule

But if it was secured its 12 yrs

Dx

DX , may be at crossed wires a bit here. I meant that this loan (the one being discussed )was originally London Mortgage/ south Pacific ,then changed to Capstone ,now Acenden. So are Acenden still responsible for older charges???

Thanks

YES

dx

and they

oh dear post 4 coming even more true.

you are in for one hell of a payback

and they

Hi Bob, draft letter affixed. You should send it to Acenden and also send a copy to Lightfoots with a covering letter stating "please find enclosed copy letter sent to Acenden in response to the default notice served by yourselves".

Make sure these letters are sent by a signed for postal service so you can prove you have responded. As always, keep copies of the letters for yourself together with the postal receipts so you can print off the signatures and keep safe.

Hope this helps

and they

Hi, I think you need to "Save as"

Don't worry about that, we will be asking for that to be refunded as there was no need to refer to solicitors

Hi Ell-enn, thanks.

I was just thinking is this sort of mortgage payment arrears manipulation illegal and a matter that needs reported to the FCA. Ive been looking through those statements again at the loan shortfall column and from i see it is approaching zero then being manipulated to a higher figure several times.

Hi, I think we should get the repossession threat nipped in the bud first once we have that sorted out we can look at all the other things that are wrong with the account and take the appropriate action.