help please with Acendon (as they are known at the moment.)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is it the one with a paragraph relating to information following the repossession of the property ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cant see that mentioned ,it has ref to a case Ezsias v Welsh Ministers.

I don`t think i got it from this thread but whilst reading other threads.

I also sent them the request for refund of arrears at the end of last week and received several phone calls today number 03333000550

(checked up and someone says its acenden).

Strangely it only rang 3-4 rings at a time unlike the usual constant ringing.

I didnt answer is this the correct thing to do or should i answer???

Edited by bob 3456

IMHO no.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

never speak on the phone about debts or anything

you might need a papertrail later on.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

HI,

I sent Acenden the mortgage/loan arrears charges refund letter, as linked to by Ell-enn in post # 9 of this thread.

I requested a SAR a few days later but havent had any acknowledgement yet.

I received a letter from them about the arrears charges saying they think they are fair

but as a gesture of goodwill we are willing to refund a total of just over £1500 going from one date to the present

composed of £70 arrears management fees and £5 alternative payment fees (they do suggest changing our payment menthod).

They say they will apply this to our account within the next 10 days.

They don`t ask us if we accept this just that we can go to the FOS within 6 months .

How do i proceed?

Am i going about this the right way?

The loan still has around 6 years to run.

We missed two payments which all these fees have arisen from .

We WOULD still owe the two months + about £1000+ in charges even if we accepted their offer.

Should i have waited for the SAR request until i complained?

Does their stated arrears balance include interest added or is this hidden somewhere else

and am i entitled to claim on top of their stated arrears of almost £3000.

I feel totally out of my depth here:-( as i havent claimed back anything on any account before.

At the present and for the last 18 months or thereabouts

i have been paying an extra £10 on top of the monthly payment to go towards the arrears which they have never acknowledged .

This was under the advice of their field agent.

Whats to stop them just carrying on adding arrears fees of £70 every month and before we know it we would be back where we started.

The way they state the arrears on statements is as one figure which includes all charges

as well as the missed two payments ,or at least that is what i believe.

I intend to claim PPI as well when i get the SAR but im still unsure about this as it was a single payment added to the loan at the beginning

and i believe constitutes around £15 of the montly payment.

As its still running do i need to cancel it before claiming or what??

Im totally confused.

Never mind the question of interest on PPI and arrears charges ( i believe they apply interest after the first 28 days on arrears charges/fees).

I would greatly appreciate any help with this.

Thanks

Edited by bob 3456

you certainly need to challenge if the refund is correct

and you cant do that until you have all the details via the sar.

how you do PPI is detailed below link 1

and these links might help the overall understanding on reclaiming too

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?296108-Hot-news-for-anyone-who-has-suffered-mortgage-arrears-charges-irresponsible-lending-or-other-unfair-lender-conduct

and they

Hi Dx, thanks

So do i wait for the SAR before sending them a reply??

(even though they state they are going to put £1500 back within the next 10 days)

I really want to do this right , and try and get out of this mess

.I find it mind boggling just reading all these threads on here.

I haven`t even used a spread sheet before so you can understand my frustration.

well that's your problem not ours

1000's of people have done so without much issue here already.

take your time and get to understand things

CAG along with any other such websites are seff-help forums also.

there is no harm in your writing back

outlining that, as it stands, you accept the offer as a partial settlement

until you have the info from your SAR back.

then you will be able to better assess their offer.

dx

and they

Hi Dx, Yes i know its my problem but when you haven`t done this before its difficult to get your head around financial jargon.

Its ok to take your time but these companies make it sound like urgency is crucial .

I know the team on here are volunteering their time , and i fully appreciate any input /advice given .

Thanks

ofcourse they wish to bring any apparent urgency into things to unsettle a claimant.

take your time.

theres not too muc jargon.

but again they use jargon in another attempt to confuse a punter and make them think its above their station to complain.

we are always here

but get that simple letter running

and the SAR

dx

and they

Update and advice needed.

As above i requested a SAR ,which they have only just acknowledged yesterday ,

seem to be draging their heels as they must have had the payment of £10 for a week, they say they will respond etc... in the specified 40 days....

I did request a refund of arrears charges /fees using the latter template provided by ELL-enn.

The arrears balance was almost £3000.Including in them is 2 missed payments totally around £250 from almost 3 years ago.

They only ever give an arrears balance figure which includes the 2 missed payments and all the charges,etc..

.. they make no distinction between the two(genuine arrears v charges),whatsoever.

They claimed their charges were fair but as a gesture of goodwill they would refund all charges after 3months of the last missed payment 3 years ago

This totalled £1500 approx. leaving an arrears balance of £1300 approx.

Today the robbers sent us a letter saying they have instructed their solicitors to start legal proceedings for repossession due to the serious level of the arrears.

Say to contact them immediately and the letter says we must RESTART making payments now or your home may be repossessed.

(whats this all about,we havent missed our contractual monthly payment for over 3 years and have been paying £10 extra after advice from a field agent they sent out.

Also stating details of £800 legal fees if it goes to court etc...

What should i do now

, i feel they are going to drag their heels with the SAR.

Also am i entitled to the interest on these charges they have refunded ?

What is the other £1300 supposed to consist of(2 monthly payments and interest i suspect).

To me it seems they refunded some of the charges quickly to make themselves appear fair if it went to court.

I feel a bit helpless as i dont have the SAR yet (im going to claim PPI when i get it).

I dont want court fees added to my account.

I also need the SAR to see if they are charging me for buildings insurance and god knows what else.

In the letter they sent to confirm refund of the charges

they even kind of complimented us for keeping up we our monthly payments. They are awful to deal with.

I don`t want to call them , but intend sending a letter ,but what should i put in it.

Please any advice?

Thankyou

Hi, if you have less than 2 months arrears they would be extremely foolish to go to court and hopefully their solicitors will advise them of them that, I can draft a letter for you if you wish ?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi, if you have less than 2 months arrears they would be extremely foolish to go to court and hopefully their solicitors will advise them of them that, I can draft a letter for you if you wish ?

Hi Ell-enn, yes please draft a letter ,i will accept any help i can get ,thank you very much. Do you think the SAR request may have sparked them off again or is this just the way these companies operate?

Bob

It's the STD way they treat people

Well they are getting a nasty shock to their pocket soon:whoo:

Ruddy fleecers

and they

Hi,

Received a default notice today from lightfoots solicitors, saying default demanding payment by the 4th December of £1300 arrears fees,etc...

Is there anyway someone could have a quick look though this if i put it into a pdf document and tell me if i`m mistaken.

Im worried about posting the PDF on the open forum but any suggestions???

Even myself who doesn`t understand this it appears i have a mortgage loan shortfall of a grand total of £17.00.

(we have been paying an extra £10 a month on advice of their field agent for the last 18 months

or so but that doesn`t add up to the two missed payments

,ive also just discovered that after the original default of two payments that my wife set up a repayment plan with them for a while

so this sounds likely that i am only £17.00 short on missed payments.

The rest is in a what they are calling a sub account ,default fee account. (£1300).

They also list an insurance account which is at £0.00 and PPI which is supposedly £0.00

(i know for a fact according to the original agreement they added PPI as a lump sum and added it to the loan total.

It stateon the original agreement this consists of around £17.00 of the contractual monthly payment of approx £130.00.

Are they threatening repossession proceeding on the basis of an arrears fee account???

Sounds ridiculous from what ive been reading on here.

Are they panicking because i am claiming back charges or intend claiming more when they send the SAR.

Please help.

Thanks Bob

p.s Ell-enn ,did you read the request of mine in reply to your offer of a draft letter??

Hi, are you saying they are defaulting you for the arrears fees not the missed payments ? How much exactly are the arrears (missed monthly payments) ?

Hi Ell-enn, basically thats what i seem to to deduce a total mortgage loan shortfall of £17 ,they have 3 sub accounts showing. .I have prepared a pdf of the details from lightfoots. I have blanked all personal info from it. Is there a way i can show you it,i`ve also noted several unusual payment irregularities which we a going to check.

Thanks Bob

upload

hit go advanced bottom right of these msg boxes

then manage attachments

and they

Ok heres the details of letter etc... from Lightfoots. Showing charges etc.. since missed payments 2010.

They have already just this last week refunded approx. £1500 from a total of almost £3000.

Which left £1300 which according to lightfoots has become £1600 in a few days according to one part of the attachment .

There are certain irregularities with the payments etc.. i`ve noticed.

They haven`t refunded interest etc.... Any advice?

I haven`t received the SAR yet so can`t compare.

Also their so called default sub account stops in May this year for some reason and makes no mention of recent arrears balance of approx £280

0 and subsequent refund of £1500 approx.

Very odd.

Heres a scan of their recent partial refund of charges as a gesture of goodwill.

This was in reply to the draft letter provided by Ell-enn in post #9 of this thread.

field agent fees and interest on the lot at their rate if they charged it or 8% stat int if they didnt

and they

How do i proceed from here??

Especially in regards to the lightfoots letter?

Dx, interest on the fees they`ve refunded or all of them.

I believe they charge interest on fees after 28 days of when the charge was made at a rate of 11.00% variable.

Thankyou

and I bet that 11% is compounded int too

you write aback and state you want the visit fees back

and interest at the rate they've charged you on all the fees back too.

dx

and they

What about the fees they refused to refund?? Do i need to do a spreadsheet thing?

Thanks

Another query is when i sent them a SAR request i notice they have paid the £10 into my mortgage /loan account, it is showing as a cheque. Is that right. I sent a postal order with details on back including not to be used for any other purpose etc....