• Tweets

• Thing is, how do you prove a conversation  
    • So I have gone through the two CCA documents, scanned them, transferred them into PDF's but am still unable to attach them as they are too big.   So I have to give up on attaching the docs.  One is 6.73 MB, one is 5.86 MB and the other is 24.3 MB.  I am not technically minded and find it frustrating that I cannot attach them given the fact it's taken me hours to try to undertake this task, neither do I know how to reduce them, also I don't really have much spare time to get my head around tech issues.   Anyway, my elderly friend is getting more and more upset due to the high pressure of harassment he is experiencing from the two creditors in the way of tree loads of letters and daily phone calls - the calls are blocked, but I looked at his phone and one day he had 22 phone calls.    He does have mental health issues and is due to see his Mental Health provider next month.  B/Card have sent him a form and asked him to ask his psychiatrist if he will complete it.  I've had a look at this form 'Debt and Mental Health Evidence Form' and if he can get it completed it can be copied and sent to all creditors along with an I/E form, then B/Card have said they will decide what direction they will take.  The Evidence Form is not specific to any particular creditor which is great if he can get it completed.   Bearing in mind, his appointment is not until mid December, then we have Christmas and New Year, I don't think the Evidence Form and I/E will get looked at until the New Year.  I have got time before Christmas to help him complete an Income and Expenditure form, or I can ask the family to help him out, but they are more 'hands on' with dealing with his disabilities, medication and health complications, so I don't mind spending a couple of hours going through an I/E with him, also he tends to open up to me more than his family.   Should I help him complete an I/E and send it to his two creditors, or should he wait and send the Evidence Form and I/E together.  I personally think it's better to send them both together, but it's the threatening letters he keeps receiving and phone calls which are making his mental health worse.  I do my best to reassure him and would welcome opinions on what I have suggested in this post.   Thanks for all your advice.    
    • should have done that a month ago.   dx  
    • Thank you for your response BankFodder.   First of all her employer is a care home and she is a Part Time Carer.  I do not know what the company is called but would prefer not to publish it here even if I knew.   Having read through the link you provided I would tend to agree with your opinion regarding the Estoppel standard of proof especially as she is getting 50% more than she should of been expecting.  Having said that she has had this from the very start and knowing her as I do it is possible she thought this was her monthly wages!    In her everyday life she goes from hand to mouth so there is no improvement in lifestyle unless you consider her absence from Foodbanks an improvement!   I think the solution is for her to repay at the low figure that seems to be in place but to disregard the contract requiring her to pay it back before or on leaving.  Should she give notice and work four weeks how can we stop them from witholding her last months wages?    
    • Hey,   so just received an email from CRS. Saying I have to prove I cancelled...yawn. Bearing in mind this is way over a month ago I sent them a letter! shall I just block them now? Not even respond?   this is regarding gymetc and I joined their gym online...   thanks!
  • Our picks

turbocharge

*ADMIN FEE WAIVED* DHL Admin Charge - "Invoices Remain Unpaid"

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1473 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

They have almost admitted that their administration fee is unlawful

As they have cancelled it

It is just a way of making money for doing nothing

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Or a commercial decision has been taken that it will be more effort than it is worth in management time to continue for £8.00

If they knew it was lawful they would pursue a few in the county court to be able to back their claims.

The point is, they do not do so.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Or a commercial decision has been taken that it will be more effort than it is worth in management time to continue for £8.00

No just unlawfull and they know it

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

No just unlawfull and they know it

That's unhelpful and entirely inaccurate.

Now the admin fee has been waived, this thread has run its course as the issue is resolved

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Now the admin fee has been waived, this thread has run its course as the issue is resolved

Perhaps a post to remind anyone looking in at a later date to check their heads of [inco] terms when importing goods to the UK.