BankFodder BankFodder

obiter dictum

Zip Application needed for Word

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1616 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

A few months ago i had a new clean install from windows 8.1 to 10

I have just submitted my latest piece of work to the Open University through Microsoft Office Home and Office student and a word document.

I have the option to review what i sent and they sent back a copy of the submission via a Zip file.

When it came back i could not open it not realising i no longer had a Zip program on my computer

So my question is:

1. Does Office Home and Student have a Zip program within to open zip files by default

2. If not are there any free programs that do not try and load you computer up with "Freeware" Junk?

Edited by obiter dictum

WinRAR

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

Having issues

The old con of Free download so not exactly a free program

Anyone have any links to the actual free program and not just download

Thanks

Windows can unzip software. Bring up the file and highlight the folder by clicking on it. Now look at the ribbon along the top and you will see 'extract all', click on that and ok on the box that opens and it will do the unzip and present you with the unzipped files.

You can also right click on the folder and chose 'unzip' and follow the prompts.

Edited by Conniff

Hi!

7-Zip will serve your need and its truly Open-Source Freeware - takes a little while to get to know it's interface tho!

32-bit

[url=]http://www.7-zip.org/a/7z1510-x64.exe 64 bit

Right-click "My Computer" then "Properties" - the General Properties page should display wether your Windows is 32 or 64 bit type - ensure you download the correct version for the Windows you have!

Hope this helps!

Hi!

7-Zip will serve your need and its truly Open-Source Freeware - takes a little while to get to know it's interface tho!

32-bit

[url=]http://www.7-zip.org/a/7z1510-x64.exe 64 bit

Right-click "My Computer" then "Properties" - the General Properties page should display wether your Windows is 32 or 64 bit type - ensure you download the correct version for the Windows you have!

Hope this helps!

+1

I express my honestly held opinions - they are nothing more or less than that.

... Its just doing some due diligence that makes them seem unusual ...

Please don't assume what you see here is what I wrote - At least some of my posts HAVE been edited without my knowledge or agreement - or anything showing people they have been amended