• Tweets

• Hi all, We bought a part to fix our washing machine approx 13 months ago direct from the manufacturer of the washing machine via phone. This part then failed 13 months later, as confirmed by their own engineer, who was sent by the manufacturer (who is also the retailer for the part) FoC. The engineer actually installed a replacement part, the machine came back to life, but they then removed the part used for testing (and ours reinstalled) as "we would be charged for it". The retailer are refusing to replace the part, stating that they only warranty parts for 90 days. When I stated that I believed the Consumer Rights Act gives me longer than that, they insinuated that it did not, and this was repeated by many representatives. AIUI for goods bought more than 6 months ago, I need to get an engineers report to confirm the part has failed? Or that it has failed due to manufacturing issues? Or would the companies own engineers report suffice? Also, does anyone have any other decent contact details for Hotpoint (or the Whirlpool group)? Thanks, GH
    • Thank you for that "read me", It's a lot to digest, lots of legal procedure. There was one thing that I was going to mention to you,  but in one of the conversations in that thread it was mentioned that there may be spies on the Forum,  this is something that I've read quite some time ago in a previous thread. What I had in mind was to wait for the thirty days after their reply to my CCA request and then send the unenforceable letter. I was hoping that an absence of signature could be the Silver Bullet but it seems that there are lot of layers to peel on this Onion.  
    • love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

old Spanish Community charge debt being chased by Eurofees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wanted to ask if anyone could give me some advise on unpaid Spanish Community charge debts.

We handed in our keys back to the bank in Spain 2007

and we understand the bank did not repossess the property until 2009.

We purchased the property in 2005 and paid some of the community fees

but the amount they are saying is well over what they are saying.

The Uk debt collector contacted me last year and I disputed the amount

but I have received another letter today saying we are still liable as the property was not repossessed until 2009

we are still liable for the unpaid community charges from 2005-2007.

We have not received yet any official Spanish court information for the unpaid community charge

or any letters from a UK court.

Does any one know if they can take UK proceedings against us as

we have not got this amount of money to pay this amount

and are also disputing the amount as well.

If any one has any advice please could you reply

ignore totally

they would need to take UK court action

and they cant do that anyway

purely out to fleece you.

it a dca

and as with all DCA's they are totally powerless

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?364378-HELP-!comunity-fees-from-spain-being-chased-by-european-community-fees-.com-in-UK

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Thank you for your email

I have received another email from them this morning

stating they are going to start legal proceedings and they will put all ther costs on the the 4,900 euros and apply for a European Payment order.

I have spoken to a Spanish solictor and they are going to look into it but said they can apply for a EPO order

I wanted to know if anyone else had been chased for a old community charge debt and if we can dipute the amount oweing etc

as if they did get a epo order

would it have to go the uk courts

and could we dispute the amount

and pay in instalments if they did get the order

as we have not got this amount of money to and Spain has been a omplete disaster for u

s as we have lost all our money from the money we put into the Spanish home and it has been a complete disaster.

If you have not got the money, then let them go to a UK court, where you will dispute it and if they prove an amount is owed you can negotiate to pay affordable instalments overs a period of time.

Because you are not in Spain, they would have to use UK courts, because that is where you are resident. This being the case, you always have chance to defend. Might be wise to start writing down any issues you had in regard to the community facilities in Spain and any complaints you made at the time. Then you are ready, if they did issue any court claim.

Don"t believe all you read online. Some of the stuff you read on these community fee debt collectors sites, is not fully complete i.e it makes it sound easy for them to enforce. It depends in individual circumstances, as there may be issues justifying as to why fees were not paid.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

bet the email does not say WILL anywhere

may might could instruct

willy waving to spoof you

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Not talking about the company chasing this, but the last time i looked at this, there were such companies making fantasy claims about their services. There were reports online of communities not receiving money they were supposed to be chasing. Also there were cases of misleading information about liability for the community fees where properties were repossessed by Banks.

As with many debt collection activities we see reported on CAG, some of what they may say will be intended to deceive people.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi Thank you for your replys I will wait an see what happens and if we receive intending court action from a UK court

also with regards if they sent baliffs or sheriffs to collect the debt

would this have to go through the UK courts 1st

and would we receive courts payments first etc

so we can dispute the debt if they did go down that route for a ccj etc

of course it would

your falling for their willy waving

can you post up the emails suitably redacted?

if you do get any doorsteppers

they are no bailiffs

and you tell them to leave

or you call the police

have never had dca letters before for other debts

so your not used to them>?

dx

and they

I have not really had any previous debts like this as usually sort out with a repayment plan

so I just wanted wanted to clarify the position with baliffs etc

as what I think should happen they should go to court first and only after a order they can send in baliffs etc.

Also with regards statue barred I am not too sure if Spain follow the same principle as us or not.

I will keep you posted to see what happens if we do recive court proceedings etc

can we see the emails?

dx

and they

I have received an email from Diego authorising legal proceedings.

Your file will now be prepared and referred to our solicitors, Bailoran, to commence proceedings.

Please be aware that legal/solicitors fees and court costs will be applied to the balance and be recovered via the European Payment Order that we will apply to the court for.

At this late stage payment in full of the outstanding debt, €4971.36, is required to prevent this course of action.

We have been instructed by our client RIVE0016 in relation to your outstanding balance.

We are a debt collection agency and our appointment is an indication of the seriousness of this matter.

Please contact our office urgently to discuss the payment of this account within 7 days from the date of this letter.

We are happy to communicate via telephone, email, letter or SMS should you have a preference.

If for any reason you feel you do not owe this debt or any information we hold is incorrect,

you must let us know immediately to avoid inappropriate action being taken against you.

We look forward to hearing from you within the next 7 days.

If you have any queries, please get in touch.

I spoke to on 20/10/2014 who advised that the keys were returned to the bank and the property was repossessed in 2007,

the email you have now sent states repossession took place in 2009.

I asked for any documentation to support the repossession in 2007 so I could ask the administrators to investigate this further

but unfortunately advised that she didn’t have any paperwork to support this claim.

The administrators have investigated the matter fully with both the bank and the notary in Spain

and are satisfied that the actual repossession was in 2011 and as such the bank have paid the community for their liability.

The remaining debt stands at €4971.36 and remains your liability which is why you are still receiving contact.

I will liaise with our client to confirm if they are happy to progress this to a legal claim against you

as I can see no further way forward with you claiming the money is not owed and our client advising that it is your liability.

These are a couple of the emails I received from them I did liaise with them last year

and disputed the debt we handed our keys back in 2007

and the bank have never sent any paper work or repossession letters

as we returned to the Uk and have not received any thing form the bank

only from the Uk debts collectors acting on behalf of Murex the community charge company,

and I assumed the property had been repossessed around this date

so I am not clear why they are saying I said 2009

they are saying the bank did not repossess until 2011 which is quite along time to leave until repossession.

I suppose it is a waiting game to see if they get back incontact with legal proceedings.

theres that word - instructed

willy waving - ignore everything

until/unless you receive a claimform.

your problem is you responded

they then saw you were a mug awaiting to be fleeced

then you came here and found out the truth.

dx

and they

Almost certainly statute barred under either UK or Spanish law, so not enforceable in a UK court.

If you want to respond, say the matter is subject to statute of limitations laws and you will not be entering into any further communications. Keep it short and sweet.

• 5 months later...

Hi

Please can some one tell me, if i can pay my outstanding amount direct to the community fee organisers bring my account up to date and ignore the fees that eurofees have added and if they contact me i can say i am sorry i do not know of you and my debit has been paid with the community directly and that i have no contract with them as such owe them no money.

I am in great stress over this any reply would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi

Please can some one tell me, if i can pay my outstanding amount direct to the community fee organisers bring my account up to date and ignore the fees that eurofees have added and if they contact me i can say i am sorry i do not know of you and my debit has been paid with the community directly and that i have no contract with them as such owe them no money.

I am in great stress over this any reply would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

might be best you start a new thread

of your own.

this threads a bit old you wont get seen.

dx

and they

As advised better to start your own thread explaining more.

But you never have to pay any debt collection agency if they don't own the debt. If you want to settle a debt with creditors directly, you can do so.

I think you really need to research about these community fees. Sometimes people find that they don't actually owe these.