• Tweets

• Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
    • thank you you mean you got a notice of discontinuance? dx  
    • Thanks for your interest dx100. Didn’t reach a hearing. Although they filed court papers, they withdrew a few days beforehand, and admitted it was statute barred and I have it in writing that they say the matter is now closed. Once again, many thanks for all your help.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Is This Legal? 2x Registered LTD Co. Only 1 Actual Business!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could really use some help?

Cutting a very long story as short as possible.........

My Daughter was discriminated against due to pregnancy

We Went to Court

We Won The Tribunal Unanimously

My Daughter was awarded just shy of

£10,000.00

The whole thing from grievance to award took

18 months

Obviously the ex employer never had any intention of paying up.

She had continuously throughout the entire struggle made it perfectly clear that she didn't care about the Law and as far as she was concerned she could do what ever the hell she liked...

And that is exactly what she's done!

So......

Whilst I was tirelessly preparing all the paper work, including 6 x 280 page Bundles for the hearing, because we couldn't afford a solicitor, so I, had to represent my daughter.

Her ex employer was setting up her change of business name, knowing that this, unethical and I believe illegal, yet absolutely doable act, would guarantee she wouldn't have to part with a single penny, whether the court ordered it or not!

So she Incorporated and Registered with Companies House, a second Ltd Company, with exactly the same details as her existing Ltd Company but with a slightly different name.

knowing that it would all be done and dusted by the time my daughter was legally entitled to send in an enforcement officer to attempt at getting the Award

that a ...Judge!.... and Two Wingmen..... Unanimously agreed she was entitled too!

About 6 weeks ago, my daughter had to pay £60

for a High Court Writ! and a HCEO was all ready to go and enforce it

when we discovered that

Companies House had allowed the Striking off of the original company to go ahead even though I had objected to this, in plenty of time along with my reasons and provided ample proof of my findings....

ie copied documents obtained from their own website check.

Right, instead of me trying to explain how they crossed over the two ltd Co's

and never stopped trading etc.....

I have copied and pasted the info I obtained from

Companies House Webcheck on both of the Ltd Co's

(I'm probably confusing you now but hopefully, you will see exactly what I'm on about when you check this out!

Please note in particular the dates involved....

BOTH COMPANIES ARE THE SAME ONE!

They have identical credentials the only thing that's changed

is The NAME of the CO.

1.================================================

Name & Registered Office:

** RETAIL SOLUTIONS LIMITED

5 *HE* ****I*S

*A**WOO**

*O*I***A*

N*1* 3*T

Company No. 0*00**1

Date of Incorporation: 26/03/2012

Date of Notice to be

Struck off: 21/04/2015

Date Dissolved: 04/08/2015

2.=============================================

Name & Registered Office:

*** RETAIL LIMITED

5 *HE* ****I*S

*A**WOO**

*O*I***A*

N*1* 3*T

Company No. 02**371

Date of Incorporation: 18/09/2014

===============================================

Same Franchise.

Same Stock.

Same Staff.

Same Premises.

Same Company Directors.

Same Registered Address.

OPENS 7 DAYS A WEEK and has never missed a single days trading!

Is this Legal??.......

Can they still strike off the original Ltd Co, if they have not only, continuously traded and still are as the original business, without a 3 month gap

but they have also whilst still trading as one company, are actually registered as two separate companies trading at the same address at the same time!

Can they get away with this?

If not, How and Who, do I report this too?...

I've just copied and pasted both reports but I've sort of blotted out the Identifying Details for obvious reasons...

If anyone is able to advise we'd be very thankful

Guest topcat14

You do not state if the company was wound up through bankruptcy or voluntary ... may be worth finding out ?

Usually if you are not registered as a creditor with the bankrupt/wound up company, and are therefore not invited to the creditors meeting to ratfiy/argue for your pennies in the pound, there is not much you can do im afraid.

You should attempt to find out who the insolvency practioner was that submitted the winding up order to the courts and plead your case.

The owner must have had a good reason to dissolve the business, not withstanding your situation as there is alot of paperwork and hoops to go through and it should not be too difficult to find the paper trail.

They didn't do any of those things,

I'm reliably informed that they just carried on trading, using the same accounts, stock, staff, premises etc.

I know that , they bought the business and premises etc as a job lot, for want of a better word, including the finance for this from a Franchise.

So basically the only thing thats changed is the name of the limited company that are T/a ****-**** , when they purchased this franchise they did so using ** Retail Limited T/a ****-***** and now they are *** Retail T/a *****-*** if that makes any sense!

Guest topcat14
They didn't do any of those things,

I'm reliably informed that they just carried on trading, using the same accounts, stock, staff, premises etc.

I know that , they bought the business and premises etc as a job lot, for want of a better word, including the finance for this from a Franchise.

So basically the only thing thats changed is the name of the limited company that are T/a ****-**** , when they purchased this franchise they did so using ** Retail Limited T/a ****-***** and now they are *** Retail T/a *****-*** if that makes any sense!

You say the original company is dissolved at companies house and that requires legal intervention.

I wonder if you could apply to a court to seek a redetermination of the judgement you hold but now cannot enforce?

the exact dates of the transfer of assets is the critical thing here, if they were after your judgement then you can get enforcement agianst the directors in a personal capacity but if they shifted everything before and then ceased trading they are basically home and dry unless you made the tribunal aware of their furtiveness and they then failed to say anything. You need proper legal advice on where to go next as it will be expensive to get it wrong.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/company-strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration/strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration-gp4

Restoration is the route. Also as an interested party subject to legal proceedings they committed an offense by striking off and not informing you within 7 days of application to do so..

Good luck. Stick it to them.

I would suggest that you bring a county court claim against both the individual director responsible and the new limited company. You can start the process by writing a 'letter before claim'. We can help you with that.

The basis of your claim would be that the transfer of the assets/business of company 1 into company 2 was a transaction defrauding creditors contrary to section 423 of the Insolvency Act 1986. Have a read of the legislation here: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1986/45/section/423.

You would need to prove that the purpose of the company restructuring was to frustrate your rights as a creditor of company 1. I can't imagine this would be difficult if you are able to prove that the franchise/stock/premises are the same.

You need to go on the Companies House website and look up the original company here: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/help/welcome. This should allow you to get a copy of the filings this director would have lodged with Companies House. If the director used a voluntary striking-off there should be a copy of form DS01. This form clearly reminds the director of their responsibilities and the requirement to notify creditors. This form will have been signed by the director. This form will obviously be helpful in demonstrating that this was a sham transaction if the rules clearly stated on the form have been ignored.

It sounds like this company was removed from the register via what is called a voluntary striking-off, and not through any formal insolvency procedure such as liquidation or administration. In this case it is likely that the director responsible has committed a criminal offence under s1044 of the Companies Act which prohibits a striking-off application being made if the company has traded in the last 3 months. It is also likely that the director responsible has committed a criminal offence under s1006 off the Companies Act which requires creditors to be notified in advance of a striking-off application . You can read about that here: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/46/contents.

The fact that the director has committed criminal offences does not help you get the 10k back directly. It does mean that you should report him/her to the Insolvency Service. The Insolvency Service can move to have this person disqualified from acting as the director of a company in future. You can read about that here: https://www.gov.uk/company-director-disqualification.

Have a read of http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?449357-Ltd-Building-Co-Fraudulent-activity-walked-off-job-amp-Director-put-funds-into-own-bank-account. This person encountered a similar issue.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/company-strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration/strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration-gp4

Restoration is the route. Also as an interested party subject to legal proceedings they committed an offense by striking off and not informing you within 7 days of application to do so..

Good luck. Stick it to them.

Restoration is very helpful in principle. But it can be a bit difficult in practice. The problem is that, even if company 1 has been restored to the register, its assets will still have transferred to company 2, and so the restored company will just be a shell.

The normal reason for doing a restoration is to have a liquidator appointed. This is because liquidators have the ability to bring a number of claims against former director company directors. For example, a claim for wrongful trading or a claim to reverse a transaction made at an undervalue. These claims cannot be brought by general creditors.

The liquidator must be an insolvency practitioner and will expect their fees to be paid. I don't think it will be viable for the op to have a liquidator appointed for a claim worth 10k.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS