UKCPS Parking Charge - Miah Solicitors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help with this situation:

In May 2015 I received a letter from UKPCS stating that I had an unpaid Parking Charge which was issued in March 2015. The letter stated that it is now too late to pay the initial charge, and the fine is now £100.

The charge was for Driver - Passengers observed leaving the site.

This was a retail park in Salford, for which there is no charge or barriers to enter or exit. On the day in question, there was no ticket affixed to the windscreen when I returned to the car, so the first I knew of the alleged offence was when I got the letter in May.

I returned to the site and yes, there are signs around the car park, at high level, and small text, but did not notice them at the time.

I received two further letters but ignored them. as per advice read on various motoring forums, but yesterday received a letter from Miah Solicitors stating I now had to pay a total of £275, comprising the fine, admin costs and legal costs.

Should I write to the solicitor requesting:

1. Proof from their Client that a PCN had actually been affixed to the windscreen.

2. Proof that I had actually been observed leaving the site.

I have also read on these forums that this particular firm of solicitors is not regulated to collect debts, although their letter is signed from the Debt Recovery Team.

Any advice would be helpful.

what were the EXACT dates please?

UKCPS ALWAYS foul up somewhere. Not a single one of their PCN's are valid.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi,

The alleged offence took place on 31/03/2015.

1st letter received demanding £100 dated 01/05/2015.

2nd letter received also demanding £100 dated 01/06/2015.

3rd letter received demanding £125 dated 19/06/2015.

Letter from Miahs received 02/11/2015, dated 30/10/2015

UKPCs are the worst offenders with the "disappearing ticket" racket, they place a ticket on the car, photograph it and then remove it so the first you know about it is when they send out the NTK. This avoids having to offer a discount and makes it harder to remember what they are claiming for as you will have binned receipts etc.

As for Miah solicotors they are acting as debt collectors and rely on their letterhead giving you the heebie jeebies and making it look like something more official.

I suggest you respond to Miah s saying that thewre is no debt owed to their client as their notice to keeper is not PoFA compliant and also demand to know why they are adding additional amounts to the supposed debt and are they willing to explain this and provide a proper breakdown of charges and a VAT receipt if the matter goes further.

Reason for this is that they will not get a penny awarded in a court that has been unlawfully added by themselves or anyone else (UKPCS) and they know it. They are hoping your are frit enough just to pay up.

By responding you create a paper trail and let the know you are not going to ignore everything sent to you so they wont win by inertia.

No. And it never will be either.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 4 months later...
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help with this situation:

In May 2015 I received a letter from UKPCS stating that I had an unpaid Parking Charge which was issued in March 2015. The letter stated that it is now too late to pay the initial charge, and the fine is now £100.

The charge was for Driver - Passengers observed leaving the site.

This was a retail park in Salford, for which there is no charge or barriers to enter or exit. On the day in question, there was no ticket affixed to the windscreen when I returned to the car, so the first I knew of the alleged offence was when I got the letter in May.

I returned to the site and yes, there are signs around the car park, at high level, and small text, but did not notice them at the time.

I received two further letters but ignored them. as per advice read on various motoring forums, but yesterday received a letter from Miah Solicitors stating I now had to pay a total of £275, comprising the fine, admin costs and legal costs.

Should I write to the solicitor requesting:

1. Proof from their Client that a PCN had actually been affixed to the windscreen.

2. Proof that I had actually been observed leaving the site.

I have also read on these forums that this particular firm of solicitors is not regulated to collect debts, although their letter is signed from the Debt Recovery Team.

Any advice would be helpful.

Just wondering what was the outcome of your situation. I am in the same position, just received letter from Miah 'solicitors' after pcn from UKCPS claiming driver/passenger observed leaving site. This was also on retail park in Salford. We had not left site but went into Subway (part of same site) for lunch at the time of 'alleged offence'. Any advice appreciated.

Just wondering what was the outcome of your situation. I am in the same position, just received letter from Miah 'solicitors' after pcn from UKCPS claiming driver/passenger observed leaving site. This was also on retail park in Salford. We had not left site but went into Subway (part of same site) for lunch at the time of 'alleged offence'. Any advice appreciated.

same as post #4 but please start your own thread as it will generate better response

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Then you should write back and say that you require "strict proof" of such a breach or tell your client to cease their deceitful and fraudulent accusations or the matter will be taken further.

That willlet them know you arent going to play along.

Then you should write back and say that you require "strict proof" of such a breach or tell your client to cease their deceitful and fraudulent accusations or the matter will be taken further.

That willlet them know you arent going to play along.

Thanks for your reply ericsbrother. I contacted the planning dept today to see if there was planning permission for the erection of the parking signs. NO permission has been granted.

then they are committing a criminal offence and you cannot enter into a contract with someone acting illegally, even if you wanted to. You could let Miah's know this and say that if you hear another peep out of them you will be reporting them to the SRA for conspiracy to commit fraud now they have been informed their clients acivities are of a criminal nature.