style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No different to.how most people talk on buses to people sitting next to each other

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

And you can enforce this !

If people want their conversations heard by others that is up to them. I hear some people talk about really mundane stupid things, as they must have free minutes to use.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I was once on a train where a young couple were sitting opposite one another. I found it quite amusing to notice they were texting one another instead of having a normal conversation !

Another time a couple who were obviously Boss and PA.. The boss was obviously dealing with a client on the phone and signed off by saying he would arrange a table at a posh restaurant in London.. he handed the mobile to the PA to do this ? I did point out that they were sitting in an area where the use of mobile phones were not to be used and would he mind moving ? They did, but not before I received a mouthful of abuse !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I was once on a train where a young couple were sitting opposite one another. I found it quite amusing to notice they were texting one another instead of having a normal conversation !

Another time a couple who were obviously Boss and PA.. The boss was obviously dealing with a client on the phone and signed off by saying he would arrange a table at a posh restaurant in London.. he handed the mobile to the PA to do this ? I did point out that they were sitting in an area where the use of mobile phones were not to be used and would he mind moving ? They did, but not before I received a mouthful of abuse !!

You should have reported them for verbal abuse..

Edited by citizenB
restored quote box

The sign actually says something like this

This is the quiet zone please keep your device silent and your conversations' quiet. Its a request not an order as you may think. Then what about the intercom announcements' in that carriage? Its tickles me pink..... They are very loud

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

You know the real reason people object to folks using mobiles on buses and trains? It's that they can't eavesdrop on both sides of the conversation. Ba-doom!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I've no interest in peoples private conversations and who they slept with last night and I shouldn't have to put up with it on public transport, and don't get me going about feet on seats..

Same. There's a time and a place for those kind of conversations. If I want to call someone, I'd rather do it in the privacy of my own home. (partly so I can actually hear them properly)

I've no interest in peoples private conversations and who they slept with last night and I shouldn't have to put up with it on public transport, and don't get me going about feet on seats..

I know, right? All these people talking in public. Should be a law against it.

I'm with you on the feet on seats thing, though.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It's hilarious, what's less considerate; having the conversation or stopping someone from having it because YOU don't like them doing it?

For some people the commute to/from work is the only downtime they get all day and I'll be damned if we should expect everyone to sit in moribund silence because someone finds it a little uncomfortable or banal. Let people live their own lives and concentrate on your own, please...

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

Yeah, the shouting bothers me too. Most of the time, they're not actually talking to the person on the other end. They're actually shouting to them.

No-o ne's asking for silence; but you really should consider others around you. I've sat in the quiet area on trains and people have been on their phones. This is despite there being signs up telling (and announcements) telling them not to.