style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone can offer assistance with any online advice services (or advice in general)

I can get to help with how I move forward with my council tax arrears.

Below is the latest correspondence I have from the council:

I can confirm that the balance outstanding as at today is £746.00 with regard to the financial year of 2014 to 2015

then with regard to 2015 to 2016 financial year the outstanding balance is £1226.08.

The total balance outstanding £1972.08.

Both these matters are currently at Liability Order Stage; which means that further recovery action is fast approaching.

Please make representations in order to clear the summonsed debt with imediate effect.

My partner and I have been trying to dig ourselves out of a hole over the last year due to paying back rent arrears after a court order.

We had to prioritise our rent over our council tax hence the situation we are now in.

A couple of months ago I completed a income & expenditure form but our finances have changed due to my partners work.

The council set out that we need to pay the following to be settled by the end of the financial year:

1.10.2015 - £287.00

1.11.2015 - £287.00

1.12.2015 - £287.00

1.1.2016 - £287.00

1.2.2016 - £287.00

1.3.2016 - £287.00

1.4.2016 - £293.08

Paying nearly £300 per month is just too much for us and I'm just trying to figure out what I can do prior to bailiffs getting involved or an attachment of earnings order.

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards

Phoenixlaw

Have you let the Council know of the changes to your finances ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

and about the rent priority.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and about the rent priority.

Hi dx100uk.

I did for the rent priority in an email prior to submitting the income and expenditure form, not that it was acknowledged in anyway. I haven't updated on the latest information as I wasn't sure if they would accept it so soon?

Thank you!

If there is nowhere else within the budget that you can reduce, then they are going to have to acknowledge that your finances are simply not going to cover rent/food / utilities which are equally if not more important than the council tax.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If there is nowhere else within the budget that you can reduce, then they are going to have to acknowledge that your finances are simply not going to cover rent/food / utilities which are equally if not more important than the council tax.

Hi, thank you. Would you recommend I contact them requesting to re-submit the income and expenditure details?

are actually talking to the council

or is this one run by capita on behalf of the council?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, thank you. Would you recommend I contact them requesting to re-submit the income and expenditure details?

I think you are going to have to - if you don't and you default on your rent then you are going to be in trouble with them !

Have you worked out what you will be able to afford given your new financial circumstances and how much extra time would be required to repay the payment schedule as it stands ?

IMHO, you need to speak to them on the phone and immediately follow this up with confirmation of your budget by letter or email.

Get a free proof of posting if sending by letter and click on the read / receipt facility on your email if using that.

BCOBS

I think you are going to have to - if you don't and you default on your rent then you are going to be in trouble with them !

Have you worked out what you will be able to afford given your new financial circumstances and how much extra time would be required to repay the payment schedule as it stands ?

IMHO, you need to speak to them on the phone and immediately follow this up with confirmation of your budget by letter or email.

Get a free proof of posting if sending by letter and click on the read / receipt facility on your email if using that.

Thanks very much. I will get in touch with them. I haven't yet but won't take long to work out. Hopefully there is some movement on paying it all off by April 2016.