• Tweets

• DD cancelled roughly a month after they stopped taking payment. Last used the gym a day before they closed. Used it almost daily. 
    • Don't bother with what Trading Standards tell you about this - we've had far more experience in dealing with gym m/ships over the years.   1. Have you cancelled the DD mandate - if so, when ?   2. When did you last use the gym, approximately.
    • I sent them their quote which outlined the 8-10 weeks start to finish.  Their response is also below.  I placed the order 1st Sept and would have been ok with a couple of weeks here or there as I know delays can be experienced due to others in the chain/weather etc but Feb was too much. I hadn't thought to contact the council re the Building Regs, will do that tomorrow.  At this stage I've only paid the deposit on credit card but it's £2k. The next payments are in stages and they will not accept cards.  Their advice re delays on 29/9 was in response to me asking if we had an install date.  The same day they were advertising for fitters. Their refusal to get their director to call me or make an appointment is making me nervous of continuing.  I woke this morning thinking I would go ahead as we hit it off when he came round but if his administrator has enough clout to stop me talking to him she must be a member of the family as well.     "We did advise a 8 – 10 week installation process from survey which was on the 07/09/2020 so working on this lead time your installation date is due on the week commencing 16/11/2020.   We then advised on 29/09/2020 there is unfortunate delays and I gave you a worst case scenario date as depending on the delivery times this could well be brought forward but we also have to consider we have a 2 week festive holidays.   You still have not been able to provide me with written confirmation that Collin, Davina or Lisa have stated this installation will happen before Christmas. So the delay is unfortunately 8 weeks with the potential of being sooner than this, I just can’t give you an exact installation date hence why I gave a worst case scenario."
    • Quick update -  Good news is that I have been told the car is complete and ready for pickup.  It ran a bit over so we agreed the swap is now tomorrow as I would never make it there before closing time with rush-hour traffic.   Bad news is I have potentially now found out the gearbox and brake fluid service has not been carried out.  We went through this yesterday, got a printout too suggesting it has been done but having just looked more into it, it didnt look right with 2 things standing out. For example:  Part Number: G060175A2, Description : Gear Oil, Qty: 1  This just kept standing out to me given my own Audi had 7 litres of it and they sell them in 1L bottles.   Looked up the part number and sure enough, its not gear oil but Haldex oil (part of the Quatro system).   Other thing that stood out was no filter on the sheet which is part of the service.     Have just dropped them an email so lets see what comes out of it but again sheet I have which is a PDI Requirements sheet (pre-delivery inspection) states:   Carried out MPC & oil service Haldex Reqs gear oil service Brake fluid change   I'm trying to remain calm
    • Hi.   Please don't hijack this thread, it's for advising the OP.   The best thing is to start a new thread of your own and then we'll advise you.   HB
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

TLF Bus Fare Evasion Help Needed - ** RESOLVED **

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1786 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi ,

I need some help in how to go about this ,

the story is

earlier today my son got on a tfl bus forgot to swipe in

2 stops later a inspector comes in and asks for his oyster card

he gives it and they say he did not swipe in and they then asked for his name and address

by this time he is thinking of his job and a criminal record

he was so flustered that he gave right name but wrong address and wrong date of birth

they called someone on the phone ,I presume to check his details.

They got off the next stop as this was happening

he says he was so terrified of the consequences that he run away from the inspectors.

I dont think anyone gave any chase though.

I had a go at him and insisted that he go hand himself to TFL

or relevant authority and opologise and pay the fine and hope they understand.

How would I go about this ? any help would be appreciated.

best idea is to let it run

and await any letter that might come .

if you type in our searcg cag of the top red bar

TFL bus

or alike

you'll see the process there.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

that's why I said might.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

He is over 18 and is registered to vote and more of the story has come to light , it seems he gave his right name and postcode so I presume they just need to look up on the electoral register to see that even if the wrong d.o.b and wrong house was given he should be easy to find ?

He is over 18 and is registered to vote and more of the story has come to light , it seems he gave his right name and postcode so I presume they just need to look up on the electoral register to see that even if the wrong d.o.b and wrong house was given he should be easy to find ?

Exactly so, but sadly, by him actually giving a false address that compounds his difficulty in that an additional charge can be alleged.

I wonder if there is a way to pre-empt this by coming forward to the relevant people ?

We normally recommend waiting until correspondence arrives from TfL so your son will have a reference for his case and the name of the person dealing with it.

Do you have any paperwork from the day of the incident?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I would personally pre-empt this one.

I would contact them immediately with the correct name/address/DOB explaining what has happened

because TfL will not do any further address checks

- they will apply to the Magistrates' Court for a (criminal) summons based on the details provided by your son.

Your son won't receive any papers etc, (because he gave a false address),

so will eventually be found guilty in his absence at court, with a heavy fine + costs.

Eventually, when that remains unpaid, the court appointed agents (Bailiffs, police etc),

will be on his case for non-payment of fines.

The longer that goes on, the higher the chance of a "no bail" arrest warrant being obtained,

where your son will be circulated as "wanted" and detained until brought before the court

to explain his lack of payment.

Because he has given a false address, he will almost certainly not be able to get the conviction set aside.

If you just "let it run", it will spiral into a conviction in his absence.

There is no paperwork as he run away when they got off the bus , only thing was he wrote that name and address on a their notepad , but he did not sign anything . to cut the story short all he did was write real name and fake address and DOB and the got of bus with them and run away.

There is no paperwork as he run away when they got off the bus , only thing was he wrote that name and address on a their notepad , but he did not sign anything . to cut the story short all he did was write real name and fake address and DOB and the got of bus with them and run away.

That's my point - there would be a lot of paperwork (and there will be), he just won't receive it as it will go to whatever false address he gave. If he had given his correct address, he would receive all the paperwork and have a chance of sorting it out. His name and date of birth, along with a vague knowledge of his whereabouts will be enough to find him eventually.

He will just be convicted in his absence, and you won't find that out until police or a court bailiff turns up looking for him in 6-12 months time.

Hi!

Member Firstclassx's advice is spot-on!

I know from personal experience of myself at that age it can be extremely upsetting to find yourself on the wrong side of officialdom even if you think you've only made a minor mistake and/or one that doesn't matter!

Your son *MUST*, as soon as he feels composed enough, write a letter to TfL explaining he was so upset and flustered that he gave his address incorrectly in error, state the correct details on the letter and that he is sincerely sorry!

*DON'T* add anything else to it, once the letter has been posted *WAIT* for further correspondence from TfL then post here again with the latest update.

As other members have said because TfL's prosecution machinery can still roll on thro' the courts and magistrates, etc., without anyone realising it until it's too late to correct matters, it's most important that TfL are not left in a position of proceeding un-beknown to your son and yourself!

It's only about 3 1/2 days since the incident described and I wouldn't think TfL would have gone very far with this, or even at all at this early stage so an apologetic letter with the correct details on it sent promptly *with proof of posting* - free of charge from post office - should arrive in TfL's hands in good enough time for them to consider your son was extremely upset by this mistake and take this into account.

So it seems my son actually gave his mothers address so it come to her and she passed it on to me and we have a result , all they are asking for is a 80 quid fine ,40 quid payable if paid within x amount of days.

I will pay for him via the website and make sure he pays me back and give him a stern talking too!

I think he has learnt his lesson so thanks for all the help and replies above.

• Haha 1

Hello again.

That's a relief, thank you for letting us know. I hope you resolve this once and for all and that your young man has learned his lesson.

I'll change your thread title. :)

HB

Hi!

Excellent!

TfL have accepted an "Out Of Court Settlement/PF" from your son and that will end the matter!

(Mods, another happy result that can be closed now if desired me thinks!)

Chris Williams

Hi!

Excellent!

TfL have accepted an "Out Of Court Settlement/PF" from your son and that will end the matter!

(Mods, another happy result that can be closed now if desired me thinks!)

Chris Williams

Chris, the thread title has been changed to update the situation. We don't normally close threads as soon as the problem is resolved.

HB

• 1 month later...