• Tweets

• Is anyone able I have recieved a letter and request for my financial information from Moriaty Law regarding an old credit card debt incurred in Dubai. I was previously receiving letters from a company called Idrww which I ignored. I am considering bankruptcy as a result of this and another personal loan debt in Dubai owed to HSBC. I am now a single mum with no assets (living in council accommodation) and living with the fear of what might happen next is hideous. Is anyone able to advise? 
    • The Beadle, and many of the ERG, are involved with Disaster Capitalists, and Hedge Funds poised to scoop up and asset strip  UK companies bankrupted by Brexit here and possibly some  in the EU.  Shankar Singham is selling Snake Oil impossibilities with the AAC, and the whole ERG cabal are out for personal gain.
    • Hi, no i did not or ever work in credit collection or at lowells. I had investor funds that buy these debt portfolios, lowells does the collection ie workouts for investors. See the  8% interest.? Investors buy these receivables to collect 8% v current rates. .they also securitise them for fixed income. V profitable.  I learned the ropes in the us during financial crises. Got burned by deutsche bank. Sued deutsche. Im used to us litigation. Lost all my money which explains not having £300.  so i dont understand the forms or process in Uk. help me out. 1. Claim form plus defense form, admittance form  all in 1. Box 3 on form fill in. This is filing your defence correct? 2. I have to wait for lowell to send a response ie their witness statement, with evidence supporting thier claim. Correct? Is this attached to a court form if any? If yes whats the form number? 3. I assume i respond to each  point in their witness state with a rebuttal. Is there a form attached? How does this get filed with the court?  I never understood using a form for claim or responses. Us uses pleadings, and responses, no forms. This forum hugely helpful, but im not there yet. also dont understand strategy for timing of fillings. If you can explain process i n follow along.  Also, you are saying, i was still with BT on oct 22 in default. 8 days later lowell bought debt. Impossible! They claim default a year later when i didn't live in the property. I think this is about right. What evidence do i need to gather?   kr escaped  
    • I'm just going to build up slowly, and have been.  Got a big old freezer so have been filling that up gradually.  I think it's not because of actual shortages, but rather panic buying that will cause problems, especially bread which ironically is all produced in the UK.   As for Trump, just got to expect that crap from him I guess, no trade deals will be happening anyway if the Good Friday agreement is put at risk.  Besides,what Boris Johnson is suggesting about no backstop and no hard border is even crazier than anything that Trump has ever said or done.   Tories are trying to destroy, and there is no plan for what comes next, there will be a terrible day of reckoning for the them at some point that will make Tony Blair's 1997 victory look like chicken feed. Sadly that won't be until the country has been ruined.          
    • @London1971 yes take precautions, and the full tank of fuel isn't a bad idea, the Legacy media are fomenting panic, so buying in a couple of essentials  extra with the shop rather than a panic stockpile should be OK.  Next one to circulate?  Could be Trump wants to buy the UK as Denmark won't sell him Greenland.  Mind you that UK/US Trade deal might do that in all but name.
  • Our picks

Hog29

shortfall after reposession

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1388 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi CAG team,

In 2012 my home was repossessed after I could no longer pay the 2 mortgages on it due to unemployment and chronic health issues.

My local council had tried to get me into the mortgage rescue scheme, but the housing association involved declined due the the short term remaining on the lease.

I had the flat valued by an estate agent and the first lender, Mortgage Express, encouraged me to sell the flat myself, but the second lender, First Plus, refused that offer at the final court hearing, saying it would take too long.

The judge granted possession.

I owed about £180,000 (135,000 to Mortgage Express and 45,000 to First Plus) and the valuation was for 180,000 in 2011, a bad year for house prices.

I had a legal aid lawyer, but he could do nothing about it.

For the past year the debt collection agency Red Castle has been chasing em for £35,000 on behalf of First Plus, since they had received only £8,000 from the auction sale.

I refused to talk to Red Castle on the phone and wrote to them, stating that I had not received any communication about the auction sale, and that they should qualify the figures.

They never replied, but I received a letter from First Plus, stating that they had no documents relating to the auction sale.

Eventually I found out who was administering former Mortgage Express accounts and received details from them.

The flat was sold at auction in 2013 for £155,000, with Mortgage Express recovering all of its money, and after related expenses leaving £8,000 for First Plus.

In 2013 the value of the flat was much higher, and even considering the short lease, would have raised about £200,000 in a private sale.

I feel that First Plus has deprived me of the opportunity to mitigate my losses, and that the argument that a private sale would take too long is not valid since the auction sale only took place a year later.

Can I fight their demands?

In any case, I would not be able to pay, since I am now living on benefits and have no other assets.

Thanks and kind regards

They can't get blood out of a stone and as you have no property now, there's not much they can do.

I suggest that you adapt the linked letter to suit your circumstances and ask them to write it off.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387499-Mortgage-shortfalls-Please-write-off-the-debt-**Correct-as-at-October-2013**&p=4384002#post4384002

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yes that is what you will have to do, ask them to write it off. If you continue to be hassled, contact Stepchange to see what they advise. As mortgage debts are not statute barred for 12 years, ideally you would not want this just put on hold, so if they just say they won't chase it for now, it means they or another debt collector will contact you in the future. Then you should get advice from Stepchange about your options.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for your replies.

I just want to clarify if I can challenge their decision not to allow me to sell the flat myself, which has deprived me of the opportunity to fully repay the debt, and, since the flat was only sold in 2013, also come out of this situation with a small surplus for myself.

Thanks and kind regards

Thanks for your replies.

I just want to clarify if I can challenge their decision not to allow me to sell the flat myself, which has deprived me of the opportunity to fully repay the debt, and, since the flat was only sold in 2013, also come out of this situation with a small surplus for myself.

Thanks and kind regards

Not sure how you can do this now. There may be some court claim you could make, but you would need Solicitors advice on this. It could get complicated, as the mortgage companies would defend and the cost of it might not be something you cannot afford. You might be able to get a free half hour with a local Solicitor and Citizens Advice may have contacts.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread