Whats the score with Pounds till Payday

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a loan with this company which was reloaned 20 times in 2010/1. The loan was half my salary and stupidly I got in a debt trap

I complained in August and was told they werent willing to uphold my request for repaymenr of fees and charges. I then went to the FSO who stated as Northway were a Maltese company I needed to go through the MFSA which I have. I looked at yheir site today and they are still telling customers if complaints are not handled satisfactorily the FSO will adjusicate. Surely this ia unlawful and misleading

Has anyone had any positive experiences of receiving resress from this company and what is their current status as regards who they are accountable to

The whole situation seem shady at best

Thanks

Andrea

No... None at all...

Unfortunately you have been caught out with them...

To make you aware, their CCL lapsed quite some time ago...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I think its a lost cause with them.

I too think it is a lost cause but someone needs to take action yo stop this company misleading potential customers and stopping them dealing with an unregulated company. I have emailed them and the MFSA and FSO to ask why they are being allowed to get away with this. If I get anything back it will be a miracle but hopefully they will stop trading as they clearly state complain to a body with no juristriction

Thanks everyone. Ill let you know if they reply

I have been looking around in a few places for some info on Pounds to Payday.Spent a while but keep blanking.

So the question i personally would like answering is this.Someone else has asked this question as well.

Are these people trading anymore??

Just done a companies web check and nothing

I believe their Consumer Credit licence lapsed a while ago

Now i noticed they have a live chat service.Anyone wants a chat with them feel free.

I have to go out today so am unable at this moment to do this but will later if anyone has not.

Nicola just popped up and said Hello,what a shame i am rushing out.

Now Jane has said Hello.

https://www.poundstillpayday.co.uk/Information/ContactUs

Their website says this about complaining.

But it seems many are not getting very far.

As Kay159 seems to have discovered.

Their complaints procedure.In a mo.

At the bottom of this page.Link.

https://www.poundstillpayday.co.uk/Information/ResponsibleLending

Info on the MFSA.

The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services activities in Malta. It regulates and supervises credit and financial institutions, investment, trust and insurance business and also houses the country's Companies Registry.

The MFSA issues guidance notes, monitors local and international developments, works with relevant parties on legislative matters, and plays a major role in training. It encourages high standards of compliance and runs a consumer complaints unit.

http://www.mfsa.com.mt/

This is what is happening, Welcome to Customer Care! An online representative will be with you shortly. There is currently a '2' minute average wait time and you're number '1' in our priority queue. Thank you for waiting.

You are now chatting with 'Catherine Freeman'

Catherine Freeman: Good morning

p: Good morning could you please tell me how to claim back unlawful charges add on to a loan

Catherine Freeman: May I have your email address and date of birth in the format of DD/MM/YYYY, please?

p: I am not a customer, I am making this enquiry on behalf of someone else

Catherine Freeman: You will need to send an email to [email protected]

p: They have done this already and got no reply.

Catherine Freeman: Then I have no information for you

Catherine Freeman: These things do take time, I am sure they will contact you in due course

p: ok thank you they are taking this up with MFSA, could you please also confirm that your credit license as expired in the uk.

Catherine Freeman: Northway Financial Corporation Limited, doing business as PoundsTillPayday, is regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority and provides services to residents of the UK pursuant to the European E-Commerce Directive.

Catherine Freeman: No license required

p: Thank you for that, just states on some of your websites that the FCO will over see any complaints, but you need a credit licence for the uk for that to happen.

Catherine Freeman: Our support team can respond to your queries, just give a little bit of time

Catherine Freeman: Kindly confirm that you still require my help. If I don’t receive a response then I will assume that you are ok to proceed alone and shall end the chat.

p: Are they responding on here

Catherine Freeman: No I am afraid, they will respond by email

p: I think your company is misleading your costumers by claiming to be covered by FCO here in the uk when they are not.

Catherine Freeman: For any questions or comments please direct to Complaints department

p: I would like to now more about this so here is my email xxxxx

Catherine Freeman: Please email complaints [email protected]

Catherine Freeman: Thank you good bye

Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.

You are not currently in a chat session.

You are not currently in a chat session.

I tried to put this question to them, I thought this is the complaints department, but she cut me off , so there you have it don't use PoundsTillPayday.

As of February 2015 Pounds Till Payday have No Consumer Credit Licence

They have no legal authority to offer financial services in the UK or to process individual personal data with the credit agencies AFTER THAT DATE

Any complaints such as credit files before February 2015 go to the Financial Ombudsman Service

Source:

Financial Conducts Authority

Edited by obiter dictum

The reply to my email.

Dear Mr xxxx,

Thank you for contacting the Credit Services Association.

I confirm that following receipt of your email we will be contacting our member to discuss this matter further.

We do have a formal complaints procedure regarding any possible breaches of our Code of Practice. I will send this information in a separate email, if you do wish to register a formal complaint.

Please note, their website also identifies the company as being regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority, if you wish to take this through a range of possible channels.

If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Kind Regards

David

David Lee I Membership Administrator I Credit Services Association

Direct Dial: 0191 217 3078 Office: 0191 217 0775 Fax: 0191 236 2709

Email: [email protected] Web: http://www.csa-uk.com

I must say i am very impressed in the way you are all handling this.

Just came home from work and what a nice surprise.You have gone to battle readiness.

Now the war needs to be won.I will leave you to it.So impressed it has made my day.

filrobbo

How do we go about it, does anyone have any contacts in the press.

obiter dictum

I am now on the phone with the FCA over this

update imminent

:-D

Catherine Freeman: Northway Financial Corporation Limited, doing business as PoundsTillPayday, is regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority and provides services to residents of the UK pursuant to the European E-Commerce Directive.

For those that like to read these things

http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/e-commerce/directive/index_en.htm

Authorisation: consumer credit

Firms must be authorised by us, or have interim permission, to offer consumer credit. Find out more about authorisation and how to apply for it.

https://www.the-fca.org.uk/authorisation-consumer-credit?field_fcasf_sector=226&field_fcasf_page_category=unset

Media-Try this for starters.I have more if that was to fail.But usually they like a story that helps the consumers.

Mirror

http://www.mirror.co.uk/contact-us/ Or-i do not want to appear biassed.

Sun-online chat available.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/296174/Contact-Us.html

I have read your posts below and will keep a close eye on this thread as things develop.

Best wishes and my support.

Tawnyowl.