claiming £12 Barclaycard charges - help

asalique
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I m trying to claim back charges on my barclay card.

I found the prelim letter to use, but not sure if i should include an soc. If this needs to be included with letter, is there sample / template of this on cag site that can help me prepare my soc.

Thank you

A S

yes and charge 24.9% compounded int on each charge

I've moved you to the Barclaycard forum

have a read of a few threads here

you'll soon get the idea

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry you didnt make that clear :) , Yes send a summary of the charges you wish to reclaim... Send it to the Execs office :)

They have more power and will more likely help you...

[email protected] - Mr John McFarlane - Acting Chief Executive

[email protected] - Mr Michael Roemer - Head of Compliance

[email protected] - Ms Valerie Soranno Keating - CEO Barclaycard

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi Asalique,

We encourage BC reclaimers to seek compound restitutionary int't as DX says above.

What's the earliest chg you're reclaiming.

Enter you charges data on this spready and let us know the approx totals for chgs and for int't - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=34010&d=1330899255

Read some of the **WON** threads in the Barclays successes forum here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?97-Barclays-BCard-and-Woolwich-successes

Go through them and make notes to use as your own case progresses.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks for the link for the spready.

Earliest charge march 2010, and totals £624 excluding interest.

I think I would be happy if BC refund full charges only, guessing for the interest i would have to involve the courts.

I was thinking I would include the schedule of charges but without interest and add a sentence on the prelim letter that unless they refund charges in full within 14 days, I will take them to court and not only claim full charges but also interest and costs.

Does that sound sensible?

Thanks again to all.

Have you put the charges on the spreadsheet to see how much the interest comes to using 24.9%. You may be surprised.

What you suggest may sound sensible but ONLY if you are prepared to take court action as threatened.

They will not be worried by the prospect of court action, interest or costs.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

How did you get £685 from £624 + Interest? Am I missing something?

Compound interest :wink:

Hi Asalique,

You can print off the spreadsheet to send with letters. Every time you open the spready, it will give you an up-to-date interest figure using the date you open it. So, whenever you send a spready with your Prelim, LBA or court claim, print off a copy for you to keep showing the figure of int't claimed at the time.

BC may possibly decide to refund the £12 charges voluntarily, rather than let you proceed and claim 24.9% compound restitutionary int't. It's your prerogative to accept that offer or not.

However, you cannot rely on this happening.

I'd send the standard Prelim Letter, enclose the printed compound int't spready and see how they respond.

Hi Asalique,

Change the heading to show "Your name" and Schedule of Charges".