Debt Collectors/McDonald's/MET

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a MET Parking Fine for spending too long in McDonald's back in June.

I rang McDonald's who said they'd sort it.

Heard nothing back so rang them again and claimed the conversation never happened.

I appealed with POPLA because I felt £100 was excessive for a free car park

especially at midnight when my car was the only one in the car park so there were no losses.

This was rejected.

And now I've just got a letter from the Debt Collectors.

Should I just ignore?

You would have won at POPLA if you had came here first...

You now ignore all debt collector letters as they have no power to do anything but write, er, letters.

Do not ignore a LBA or court papers though. (Unlikely ).

and are you sure its a fine?

where did that come from...

its a speculative invoice.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and welcome to CAG

As it stands, the information I have is that MET have taken a grand total of 2 cases to court this year (not 100% sure though)

The debt collector has about as much power over you as I have. None!

As advised, ignore unless a 'Letter Before Action' or court papers turn up.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I got this reply from McDonald's:

"I am writing further to your e-mail regarding your visit to our Milton Keynes Arena restaurant. I have noted your comments and welcome the opportunity to confirm the policy on this matter.

As a company, putting in place enforcements within our car parks is only done after careful consideration and very much as a last resort. Primarily, we use parking measures to ensure there are spaces available for our customers’ vehicles, as well as to deter unwarranted or unreasonably prolonged usage of the parking facility.

I can confirm this parking area is managed by an independent company who are responsible for monitoring the car park and taking details of registration numbers. The regulations and signs at the restaurant clearly state the policy and the relevant charges. Also any mitigating circumstances for a vehicle to remain in the car park longer than the allowed time, can be arranged with the restaurant manager at the time.

I trust you will appreciate that in order to maintain a consistent approach; we have to adhere to the guidelines in place. As such, in a situation such as a contravention of parking regulations, we are unable to deal with any specifics or cases on an individual basis. However, we did liaise with the parking company in this instance and they confirmed that your appeal was reviewed by them and also by POPLA once they were contacted, but regrettably it was rejected both times.

I am sorry for any disappointment the above caused and although we are unable to progress further to parking issue, as a goodwill gesture we would like to send some of our vouchers to you. If you could provide us with your postal address, we will get these sent out to you as quickly as possible.

Thank you for contacting us and again for the opportunity to comment."

any chance you have the phone records of when you first contacted Maccyd's when they siad they would sort it and who you spoke to there? (level of person rather than name) you can then try again and point out that they ahve shown themselves to be untrustworthy as they are more than happy to renege on an agreement and that they can stick their vouchers where the sun dont shine as you will never be back. Let them know you will be using social media like twitter to advertise the fact that they are happy to lie to customers and cannot be trusted to do what they say they will.

• 2 weeks later...

Afraid I don't which is quite annoying. The second person said he was the Store Manager. I emailed them back with social media threats and claiming they must know they're in the wrong if they are offering goodwill gestures.

Just received another debt collection letter:

Dear xxxx xxxxxxx

Notice of intended court action - unpaid parking charge £150.00

We refer to our letter dated 23/10/2015 and note that we have not yet received payment of the amount shown above.

The prevent this case being recommended to the creditor to commence court proceedings, you must pay the full amount of £150.00 by 23/11/2015. You can pay online or by phone. (More waffle about how I can pay/talk to helpline).

If you are liable for this charge and do not pay the full amount by 23/11/2015, or if you have not agreed a payment option with us by then, we will pass your file to the creditor with a recommendation to commence court action against you. If they are successful a court judgement against you could seriously affect you ability to obtain credit in the future.

(And then says I could have to pay court fees and solicitor's costs).

I'm getting worried now as I'd rather this didn't go to court...

" with a recommendation to commence court action against you"

willey waving - ignore

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

" with a recommendation to commence court action against you"

willey waving - ignore

Couldn't agree more. It matters not what this poky DCA say, they can recommend they come take your first born but that is up to the creditor.

Since the Beavis Judgement, some operators may take the risk and litigate but in my (humble) opinion nothing will happen

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE