Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • So 2 days following the warrant issue.. Hermes finally contacted me to arrange payment and said they had not received my prior claim letters hence the lack of response? But they received this one though didn’t they before the bailiffs are in!   Am incredibly pleased and thankful to CAG! I didn’t know this great  community would be what I find back in Dec from a quick search! Really appreciate the time taken to help me on this and I wouldn’t have a clue without it! I have just donated. Its forums like these that really makes a difference to society, so we need to keep it going!   Key points to note: Hermes Parcelnet Limited (UK entity and HQ in Leeds - address to this) Don’t use packlink for high value items (it links ebay details to the courier selected) Never use Hermes for high value items EVER!
    • ???   you ignore them until they comply and we confirm the filing cabinet copy and paste bogroll they send IS enforceable. cause i bet you 100% it won't have come from them awaiting the OC to send it....their raiding their filing cabinets now i bet..
    • Still waiting for these diagrams. We've been dealing with this story for nearly 48 hours now and we are only starting to understand exactly what happened and we still haven't got information that we've asked for.  
    • Dx100uk well not really, considering he pulled out on me from the side of the road. He should have gave way. Why do you think he has told a different story to his insurance ?   Because he knows if he has said he pulled out on me he would be held liable.   He pulled away from my left hand side then braked- leaving his van in an angled position, it literally happened within the space of a split second  
    • Update: the lawyer friend sent a very good legal letter last week  The third letter will be sent over the next few days - here is the proposed text - your comments welcome as ever: Dear Will & John Letter Reference:xxxx I write with reference to your recent letter in relation to PCN numberxxxxx You threaten Court proceeding on behalf of your client yet your client’s rationale for charging me has no legal substance. An alleged parking offence as a breach of an alleged contract.  I have no contract or terms and conditions with your client.   Furthermore, the sum you are requesting is fictitious. I have no intention of paying any monies to your client. You had no legitimate reason to access my personal details so are already in breach of GDPR by texting me several times on my personal number which I have not given permission for you to use.  Coupled with the several letters you have sent your persistence amounts to nothing short of harassment. Should this continue I will have no hesitation in contacting the ICO to report the breach. The letters I have received will be useful as tinder for the open fire in my living room now the weather has turned cold again. Should you wish to take me to court, I will be seeking full costs through a recovery order under CPR 27:14 which will come in handy now I find myself in the unenviable position of redundancy as a result of Covid. Yours Sincerely   Copied to PCM UK "you don't want to be Gladstoned"   Thanks AJJM
  • Our picks

    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
        • Like
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.
       
      I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.
       
      In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 
       
      In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.
       
      In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.
       
      To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.
       
      So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.
       
      Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!
       
       
        • Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies
  • Recommended Topics

Cabot chasing Cap1 card debt - getting close to SB time


Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1954 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hello all bare with me as I tell my tale( Or wife's tale).

 

In April 2009 I sent a CCA request to Cap1 disputeing the debt.

 

After no CCA only an application form

I put the account into dispute, beliveing that would stop the interest.

 

Unbeknown to me my wife used the card in September 2009 but I was still making monthly payment.

 

At the beginning of January 2010 I wrote to Cap 1 offering a goodwill gesture

but accepting no liability to pay-off the balance at a figure from September's balance minus the PPI on it, they refused.

 

In the middle of January 2010 I stopped making payments as they would obviously take more notice.

 

3 DCA's later I heard nothing until July of this year.

 

Last month I received two letters, in the same envelope,

one from Cap1 thee other Cabot saying Cabot now owned the account..

 

This week Cabot sent me a letter asking me to get in touch.

 

Now I believe I am 3 months away from getting it SB'd

however finances are good

 

 

I do not mind paying but not at the amount quoted as it increased drastically from when I stopped paying.

 

Do I ask Cabor for a CCA request and do I ask for a SAR?

 

Any help but be very much appreciated as I haven't had to deal with any of this for around 3 years

and the confidence as waned, although it's probably because the finishing line is in sight.

 

Also should a do a credit check or could this flag the account as comming to almost 6 years.

Thank you and sorry for the long read

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello all bare with me as I tell my tale( Or wife's tale).

 

In April 2009 I sent a CCA request to Cap1disputeing the debt.

After no CCA only an application form I put the account into dispute, beliveing that would stop the interest.

Unbeknown to me my wife used the card in September 2009 but I was still making monthly payment.

At the beginning of January 2010 I wrote to Cap 1 offering a goodwill gesture but accepting no liability to pay-off the balance at a figure from September's balance minus the PPI on it, they refused.

In the middle of January 2010 I stopped making payments as they would obviously take more notice.

3 DCA's later I heard nothing until July of this year.

Last month I received two letters, in the same envelope, one from Cap1 thee other Cabot saying Cabot now owned the account..

This week Cabot sent me a letter asking me to get in touch.

 

Now I believe I am 3 months away from getting it SB'd however finances are good so I do not mind paying but not at the amount quoted as it increased drastically from when I stoop paying.

 

Do I ask Cabor for a CCA request and do I ask for a SAR?

 

Any help but be very much appreciated as I haven't had to deal with any of this for around 3 years and the confidence as waned, although it's probably because the finishing line is in sight.

Also should a do a credit check or could this flag the account as comming to almost 6 years.

Thank you and sorry for the long read

 

Yes send them a CCA request, as that should stop enforcement until they have complied with your request. See what they come back with.

 

I believe credit checks do flag up to creditors, given the reports of this on CAG.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I am of the same opinion that when anyone checks their credit file and these file have been tagged by the likes of Cabot, they are alerted however, no one has yet provided absolute proof of this.

 

As this 'debt' is with Cabot, I agree with sending the CCA request to them but also, send Cap1 a Subject Access Request (SAR) to get all the details on this account. I would expect loads of charges added to the account.

 

Did you have PPI? Did you want it?

 

If you choose to write, make sure you head any letter to Cabot, "I acknowledge no debt to you nor any company you claim to represent."

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly you need to CCA the alleged new owners which should buy you some time, hopefully the three months you need. As suggested, if finances are good then SAR Crap1 and go after that PPI.

 

Intend

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...