Vodafone misleading about my refund #11788516**Resolved**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, can someone advise me please? i ordered a phone from vodafone online at the end of august, it was faulty, so sent it back within their 14 day returns policy.

Had an e-mail on the 9th of sept to say they had received it it perfect condition, and were starting the refund process.

Did a live chat next day, the advisor said 7 days for a refund, but normally get it in 2-3. phoned them after seven days, and told it's 7 WORKING days, so you will definitely have your refund in 2-3 days.

Left it 5 days, was told "they shouldn't have told you 7 days, it takes upto 14, but you've already waited 11 days so it will be in the next 2-3 days. That didn't happen, so i e-mailed a complaint to customer services, who promised a reply in 48 hours.

No. i filled in an online complaints form, a few days later a person phones saying he's from customer relations, and they haven't given you a refund because they havent got your bank details. He says go into store and give them there, they know nothing about it. Live chat said "don't worry, we will phone you between 8-9 to sort this. No call.

2 days later, live chat said, no really, we will call you back between 8-9, NO. Live chat then say, "we can't call you back, we don't have the ability to do that, and they can't find the advisor who told me that. I phoned 191 a couple of days back, and spoke to really helpful Kay, who agreed that this has been going on too long and it's disgraceful, and I'm processing it now, and the refund team will call you in 15 mins, then I will call you in 30 mins to make sure its been resolved. Did she? my a**s.

If they just said from the start we want to keep your money as long as possible in the hope you might just give up, i would understand. But the lies......... please help.

Thanks.

Edited by silverfox1961
inserted spacing

Hi

Normal service has been restored :frusty:

This is standard practice from the 'customer service' team I'm afraid. They seem to think that by promising this, that or the other will get you off the phone so they don't have to deal with your problem when in fact, an issue of this sort should be so easy to resolve.

Anyhoo, while you may have had your fill of contacting VF, we do have a rep here who has had some good successes.

Please follow this link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-APRIL-2015-**&p=2343766&viewfull=1#post2343766

Fill in the details and you will get an automated reply number. Post that number here.

The rep will probably need to speak to you and that is the ONLY time I would say go ahead as (if it is Lee) he will follow up with an email to clarify what has been discussed.

If you deal with customer services, do it via email or live chat but get copies for your records.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I have added the reference number to the thread title so that the rep can find your thread more easily,

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Update: finally sorted!Had a call from a lady called Sue on monday who said she was processing the refund there and then. I have to say i was sceptical. Yesterday Dave called me from vodafone after seeing my post on here, he's standing in for Lee, and a really helpful chap. Today i got my refund! Thanks to all here for your help, a lighthouse in my troubled seas. Still got a bitter aftertaste with vodafone, but after research, looks like it would be out of the frying pan if i switched.

Thanks again all. :-D

Excellent news. Glad we could assist. I will mark your thread as resolved. :-)