Rossendales Collect / LRC

CSM750

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, about 2 months ago I had several direct debits set up on my account by a fraudster. Luckily my bank spotted this and returned them unpaid. To be honest they didn't seem particularly bothered about it, but that's another story.

One of the direct debits was a subscription to a website for £40!!!

Since the direct debit was cancelled unpaid I have received numerous letters from a company called Legal Recoveries and Collections which I ignored.

They have then passed it along to Rossendales who appear to be trying to be far more intimidating. Today they have sent me a "Notice of Visit" and inform me that someone will be coming to collect the debt in the next few days. (The alleged amount is less than £70 so this seems extreme.)

I know I don't owe them anything and I know they obviously can't take me to court because there can be no evidence, but I would like to avoid a visit if indeed it a realistic prospect.

Is there a specific letter I can send? I'm a bit annoyed at this because I've done nothing wrong on this occasion lol!

Thanks for your help!!

presume it is the website trying to collect?

could send them a letter saying that the matter was fraudulent, and refer them to the bank. ensure no acknowledgment of any debt, and include the 'any visitors will be trespassing' bit (though they prob wont be sending anyone, just one of those template letters)

or, could contact your bank accordingly and get them to sort it out.

or continue to ignore :)

see what the guys suggest.

IMO

:-):rant:

They are acting as a debt collector on this

Notice of visit = they have no powers you do not need to speak to them

That can be told where to go

But for that silly amount it is probably just a threat to try and make you pay

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Have you checked your credit file to see if this appears on there?

If it is, then you will need to get the CRA's to remove it as it is obviously incorrect data.

As for Rossers collect, and any notion of them doorstepping is simply them getting too big for their boots, they need to stick to being a bailiff outfit, or a dumb no powers DCA.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!