Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Just looking for some advice.


My father is my guarantor for my house which is rented privately through an agent. I claim full LHA due to first being unemployed and now claiming ESA due to a medical condition.


The landlord through the agency want to increase my rent, no unreasonable since its been the same for 2 years.


However the problem I have is that my father moved to France at the start of October with his new wife. He is therefore no longer a UK homeowner or in employment as he retired then as well.


He still has a UK bank account that all his pensions are paid into and his pension still gives him nearly as much as when he was working.


I have rented this house for 3 years with no problems with the rent at all, only once was it slightly late but that was a problem with my bank and not the fact I did not have the money to pay the rent.


Would people see this now as a problem or would the fact I am a good tenant and my father still has links to the UK through his bank, myself and his ageing mother despite living in France not cause any problems.


Trying to get some feedback before going to the agent and putting all this to them, so I am a little forewarned.



Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you asked LL whether he still wants a G, given your 3 year history? Or would father be able to loan you 6 months rent in advance and you repay him each month when rent would normally be due?

Negotiate with LL, via LA if nec.

You could agree for LL to receive LHA direct, leaving you with poss monthly rent top up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's good advice from mariner51, in my view. I wouldn't make a big issue out of your father living in France though. It's within the EU and remedies against him would be easily obtainable if need be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...