Sainsburys Bank Visa Card - think l have paid them in full - almost

cups
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2780 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just a quick query to see what people think.

In 2004 l had a Sainsburys Bank visa debt that was at about £6400. In April that year l asked for a repayment plan as l was in difficulty.

It took them until Sept to sort it out and by then the account was showing at £8,300.

So in 5 months they had added over £1900 to the account.

Looking back l can see that l probably owe them about £7,100 in terms of interest and charges.

To date l have paid the. £6,950.

I have written to them stating the above, and putting in the rationale behind my reasoning. I have offered two further payments to take it up to what l think l owe. I await a response.

I just wondered what people thought, l just want rid of it, would l be justified in stopping payments after these last two payments.

Cups

Claim back the charges. You won't get the money but it will reduce the debt. Don't be surprised if they get a bit miffed and close the account though

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi,

The account has been closed for years, l have just been blindly paying them for 11 years. I am giving them what they are entitled to, just think the extra £1300 is a p **** take.

Thanks,

Cups

Have you ever sent a CCA request?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Def send a cca request , for bargaining if they argue

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Hi

You are right to point out the charges (but not the interest) as being reclaimable.

I suggest you start down this path now.

As well as the CCA mentioned above (As before 2007 if they do not have the original its harder to enforce but a letter acknowledging the debt may work against you) you will want to do a FULL SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST, please feel free to adabt one of our templates form the CAG librabry

This should give you access to the data of what was charged and when (But may be limited ot the last 6 years data)

Once you have that you can prepare a claim of those charges plus INTEREST IN RESTITUTION maybe 26.9 -29.9 % APR on those charges.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?423796-SabreSheep-Vs-Natwest-Moorcroft is a good thread of many to have a read of

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Thanks, sent off a CCA, l have added up the interest for the months they mucked me about and the late payment charges, albeit at the inflated charge but that still means l have given them £700 over those few months but they want £ 1900 so l do not feel bad, in effect l owe them about another £140 and then l am all paid up.

I am conscience free on this matter, l have never missed a payment and jumped through hoops, l am going to make those two payments and then stop paying.

Thanks for all the advice, will update once l have a response,

Cups

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Had a letter the other day, after all this time they are still looking into my complaint, no mention or acknowledgement of CCA request, will make my last payment in January and then tell them to prove the rest of it because they have had more than enough from me.

Pity they cannot be reasonable.

Cups

Easy answer. STOP PAYING.

You are being a cash cow. They might be morally entitled to the cash, but until they can produce the paperwork, they arent legally entitled to a penny.

Also, are sainsburys still collecting, or is it a DCA? because its very strange that sainsburys would agree to a repayment plan for this long and not sell it on.

Hi,

Nowt on credit report, CCA not responded to as yet.

I have all the corniest and l know that the extra £1300 is fees and charges, l have worked out what l owed and the interest from those months and in Jan l will have paid it all. I am not going to pay all the charges which have never been accounted for or statemented, so l am not getting away with anything, l have almost paid what l owe.

Cups

If they havent supplied the CCA then why are you paying anything?

But who are you paying

Sainsburys or an outside dca?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Never had any response to my complaint or request, think they have looked at it as too difficult.

Either way l have paid them in full and cancelled my payments to them, and they haven't made any contact. I am calling it a draw and putting it away.

Cups

• 6 months later...

Just to update, Sainsburys did come back and said l still owed them , the matter is now with FOS, since it went to the FOS they have offloaded it three times, latest is Wescot who are trying it on, but l have told them to get lost 😜