Xercise4less/Harlands/CRS/Spratt Endicott

Wieslaw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi CAG,

I've joined Xercise 4 Less in February 2015.

In July 2015 stopped going to gym but kept paying DD as per my agreement. I wasn't aware that it's a roll on contract so after 14th payment cancelled DD with the bank. Unfortunately never read their T&C's and on 27th May received first letter from Harlands with £34.99 to pay. I called their helpline to explain that I'm not paying any admin fees because didn't know about their roll on system and that I haven't used gym since July 2014. The woman gave me number to E4less and advised to call them which I never did.

I then started receiving letters from CRS which I ignored.

After reading about similar cases on your forum I went to gym in person accompanied by my Fiance as a witness to talk to their Manager and offer £9.99 as Cancellation fee but the manager said that we can close the case if I paid £69.99 which I've refused. That was on 7th October.

Today received letter from Spratt Endicott Solicitors requesting contact within 7 days to discuss my payment proposals (the outstanding balance is now £171.47)

Please can you advise me what to do now?

Hi Wieslaw and welcome to CAG

See here for a letter to Spratt Endicott - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?454481-Xcersie4Less-Spratt-Endicott-Solicitors&p=4811174&viewfull=1#post4811174

You say you joined in Feb 2015 but you've paid 14 monthly fees so something isn't right .

Please confirm :-

1. Date you joined the gym.

2. Was it a monthly rolling agreement or a minimum 12 month agreement.

3. Is the DD mandate still active.

Meanwhile, stay OFF the phone and don't call or speak to the gym or Harlands/CRS. If Harlands/CRS call you, tell them "In writing only" and hand up !!

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick,

Thank you so much for so quick reply.

Sorry I got those dates wrong...

Joined in February 2014 on 12 months agreement.

Last visit to gym in July 2014.

DD cancelled after 27 April 2015 payment was made.

Regards.

W

Edited by Wieslaw

Hi Wieslaw,

Your best bet is to write to Harlands saying you will seek a refund under the DD Guarantee Scheme, based on your cancellation of the DD mandate in March 2015. You accept that you should have given Harlands or the gym a months notice to cancel so you are willing to pay the April 2015 payment.

Tell the bank you require a refund of fees taken from May 2015 onwards as the payments taken after that were unauthorised.

You'll find suitable example letters on other threads if you need them.

Keep us posted.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Wieslaw.

This is an excellent result as Spratt Endicott have confirmed you can pay what you offered, to settle the matter for just £9.99.

Pay this and it's over, far quicker than the vast majority of cases.

Let us know if you hear anything further from Harlands/CRS.

You've just saved yourself £161.48 !! Any Site Donation helps us remain here to help when needed. :wink:

Hi Wieslaw and thank you for whatever Donation you make to CAG

It is always appreciated.

They did earlier this year and made an awful hash of it before discontinuing.

It was here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?431240-Harlands-CRS-**WITHDRAW-COURT-CLAIM**