You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Nationwide is facing mounting criticism from savers.This is a result of the cuts it has applied to savings rates in the wake of the Bank of England's decision to cut the Base Rate to 0.1 per cent. View the full article
    • As a former NHS manager in a mental health trust... I agree 100% with the actions recommended by stu007.  And I would make especially clear in your letter(s) of complaint that you are extremely concerned about the whereabouts of any confidential letter that was intended to be sent to you in the handwritten envelope.  (Indeed, the fact that a handwritten envelope addressed to you was used would suggest to me that they definitely had something to send you.  It also sounds a bit odd to me that the envelope was handwritten).   As well as complaining in writing to them, I'd contact the clinical team by 'phone first thing on Monday, explain what's happened and tell them to ensure that any confidential information about you that has been sent to a third party must be recovered immediately, and you want confirmation of that.  Well that's what I'd do - see if others think it a good idea or not.  If that had happened at my trust, heads would roll.   There's another poster on these boards called "think about it".  They're involved (I think) in GP practice management and may have some comments too about patient confidentiality.   Oh - I think I would include a photocopy of the handwritten envelope in my complaint to the trust and the ICO.   (I've got to ask - can you say what trust it is?  Don't say if you don't want to.)   EDIT:  And well done for contacting the other person to tell them what's happened.  You did the right thing
    • Hey, thank you very much again for your replies!   - We go to the branches and ask for business accounts, but as I give them my personal name they register them as sole trader accounts in their systems, regardless of my company name being on the agreement.  Suspended our services for high volume messaging -- that is not explicitly covered in terms and conditions Send us letters referencing wrong terms and conditions that we did not sign Terminate the contract and come with a random balance number. We argue unsuccessfully, but they don't follow up with the requested deadlock letter. Pass our account to Lowell in 2017 I pick the account back up when I notice it is affecting my credit file in 2020 I work on the case for about three weeks and file a complaint with CISAS I give Lowell my contract and they see it is my company's name on it so they pass it back to Vodafone Vodafone wants to settle my account quoting they should not charge me anything on the first place and they offer £250 as a compensation for distress. I mistakenly accept the offer because of confusing wording and thinking that the third party adjudicator was already involved in the case, although they would basically get involved on the later stage.  I make a complaint as per CISAS and try to reverse the settlement in the system and have third party adjudicator having a proper look into my case and hopefully reward me a much fairer compensation for all the damages.    I have made a SAR request with both Vodafone and Lowell so far, but still waiting for the Vodafone to send it.    I am now waiting for CISAS to respond, but because I am still upset how much damage this has caused me I am considering taking them to small claims court.  For that I am researching what are the acts I would have to reference in that case.   Obviously Consumer Rights Act 2015 and then Data Protection Act 2018 and perhaps some acts regarding entering into contractual agreements -- can you help with that maybe?        My main concern at the moment is to how to express claims well in a legal language, because £250 they offered feels just patronizing given that there has been everything clearly written in black and white, yet I have had to go though this damaging and humiliating experience. 
    • Cooling off periods do not apply to faulty items. The cooling off period relates to a distance purchase of an item which is of satisfactory quality. Where an item is faulty then it become subject to the rules under the Consumer Rights Act
    • I understand the cooling off period for online purchases, but this is a little different due to the item being collected/paid in person.    A used item was recently sold by auction on eBay. The seller inspected, paid with cash and collected the item in person.    The buyer is now claiming the item to be faulty.    If this transaction was completely remote and the item posted, I would absolutely expect the buyer to be entitled to a refund.    But as the transaction happened in person would the point of the money changing hands be when the contract is made? Therefore not giving the buyer any cooling off period?   I think this is the key information; Used item Paid in person Working when collected Private sale   Thanks!
  • Our picks

Wolvo

Fraudulent Whiplash claim

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1671 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Some advice please. I was involved in a very minor shunt over the weekend, there was no damage to either vehicle but I exchanged numbers with the other driver. I took pictures of both cars as well. I've had a phone call today from the other driver asking for my insurance company details and informing me that he has neck pain. My vehicle was stationery at the time and the other vehicle rolled back into my car.

I'm very concerned as I think this is a fraudulent claim but even more of a concern is that I had a claim earlier in the year where my car was written off. If I tell my insurance company of this incident I probably wont be able to afford my renewal, regardless of whether it was my fault or not.

Also my understanding is that the other driver goes to his insurance company and makes the claim who will then automatically contact my insurers.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Being a victim of whiplash myself i can tell you it does take up to 48 hours for symptoms to usually appear

If you were stationary and the other vehicle rolled back into you then you really have nothing to worry about.

Though i am yet to fathom out how he can claim whiplash such as you jar your neck forward then back if his car hits you from the front

This smells a bit as crash for cash

Edited by obiter dictum

Hi,

Some advice please. I was involved in a very minor shunt over the weekend, there was no damage to either vehicle but I exchanged numbers with the other driver. I took pictures of both cars as well. I've had a phone call today from the other driver asking for my insurance company details and informing me that he has neck pain. My vehicle was stationery at the time and the other vehicle rolled back into my car.

I'm very concerned as I think this is a fraudulent claim but even more of a concern is that I had a claim earlier in the year where my car was written off. If I tell my insurance company of this incident I probably wont be able to afford my renewal, regardless of whether it was my fault or not.

Also my understanding is that the other driver goes to his insurance company and makes the claim who will then automatically contact my insurers.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

You must advise your Insurers and give them a full account about what happened. You have no choice, as the third parties personal injury Solicitors will contact your Insurers and your Insurers will contact you. If your car was not moving at the time, your Insurers may deny any liability.

Report this tomorrow. Get your story in first and ask your Insurers to keep you informed.

Were there any traffic or CCTC cameras near the accident site ? Have a look and if there are make Data Protection subject access requests for the footage. Might help prove claim by third party is fraudulent.

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Depending who you are with, a lot of the major insurers also now insist on a comprehensive set of photos for even the slightest incident due to the number of PI claims and the fact that these can often be made many months after the fact. Do not be surprised if your insurer arranges for a photographer to take hi-res images from all around the car plus close ups of any damage - or lack of. If you fight the claim, these images can often disprove the third party's story.

Was there a witness?

As stated you must inform your insurer, and better to do so now rather than after a claim is made

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Thanks for the advice.

I'll bite the bullet and ring my insurers tomorrow, just dreading the renewal premium and it wasn't even my fault. Makes my blood boil.

Just don't accept any liability what so ever. They may try to put it down to a 50/50 blame or similar. Don't take anything other than 0 blame.

Just don't accept any liability what so ever. They may try to put it down to a 50/50 blame or similar. Don't take anything other than 0 blame.

Problem insurers have is when it is just one persons word against another. Not unknown for insurers to pay a third party, if they don't take the p*ss with a claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If this appears to be a slow and low impact like you suggest then whiplash is a ridiculous claim and you need to make that very clear to your insurance company. You also need to make it very clear they rolled into you which means the entire accident is their fault! If they have injuries then they must claim from their insurer as it is their fault.

If you had parked your car and weren't in it and then someone hit it any claim against you would just be as laughable. They are pushing their luck and hoping you won't challenge they're claim. Once your insurance company knows all this they will do all they can to either pay nothing or dramatically reduce any payout.

Claims like this put up insurance for all of us so please fight this. People shouldn't be allowed to get away with it!

You can get whiplash even if the impact is as low as 5mph

I got mine reversing onto a dock leveler

Fair enough, I've never dealt with whiplash before.

I hit a parked car once and if I was injured I wouldn't even think to claim off the other person but then I consider myself to be a decent person. I think it says a lot these days when most people told me I should have just driven off and not left a note!

The person the original poster is dealing with has most likely lied to their insurer or doesn't understand what happened. The fact is it wasn't your fault so they should be claiming against their own insurance.

Thanks for all the input.

I've left it with the insurance company to resolve, they were very sympathetic and will take it up with the other drivers insurer.

The problem here is that its his word against mine, sadly there's no CCTV at that location.

I think these people know where they can get away with such incidents, I'm sure they go trawling around for potential victims and I wouldn't be entirely surprised if this guy has made claims like this before.

If he has made fraud claims previous the insurance company will know.

They share all claim details with each other through a system called MIDAS

Motor Insurance Database Application System