Sheilas wheels insurance

DOTCOM

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughters BMW 1 Series car was stolen from outside her house back in March 2015. When it was recovered insurance company sent it for repair, so far so good. When insurance company returned car it was driving dreadful. (Car was fine before theft ) My daughter went back to insurers who were insistent problem was nothing to do with theft. After lots of arguing insurer decided to employ independent engineer who came to conclusion that insurer could not be certain damage was not caused by theft. Car was taken back and sent to a BMW dealer in Stoke to correct damage.

When car was once again returned to my daughter she was told repairs had been done but car needed a de-sulpherisation to clear carbon build up which was due to wear and tear.

My daughter accepted this and booked car into local BMW dealer (Manchester), when she took car BMW refused to do work because they said there was a fault on the engine and de-sulpherisation process could cause more

problems.

My daughter once again went back to insurer who again sent car to a BMW dealer in Stoke. It has taken all this time for insurer to come back to us and report that ' there is swarf in the engine caused by POSSIBLE oil starvation' and they are not prepared to pay for repair.

We now know Stoke BMW performed de-sulpherisation process back in June.

We have been told by various mechanics that swarf in engine could well have been caused by way car was driven when stolen can anybody confirm this.

Insurance company have asked us to send evidence to support our argument. Where do we go from here my daughter has been without her car for 7 months.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

My daughters BMW 1 Series car was stolen from outside her house back in March 2015. When it was recovered insurance company sent it for repair, so far so good. When insurance company returned car it was driving dreadful. (Car was fine before theft ) My daughter went back to insurers who were insistent problem was nothing to do with theft. After lots of arguing insurer decided to employ independent engineer who came to conclusion that insurer could not be certain damage was not caused by theft. Car was taken back and sent to a BMW dealer in Stoke to correct damage.

When car was once again returned to my daughter she was told repairs had been done but car needed a de-sulpherisation to clear carbon build up which was due to wear and tear.

My daughter accepted this and booked car into local BMW dealer (Manchester), when she took car BMW refused to do work because they said there was a fault on the engine and de-sulpherisation process could cause more

problems.

My daughter once again went back to insurer who again sent car to a BMW dealer in Stoke. It has taken all this time for insurer to come back to us and report that ' there is swarf in the engine caused by POSSIBLE oil starvation' and they are not prepared to pay for repair.

We now know Stoke BMW performed de-sulpherisation process back in June.

We have been told by various mechanics that swarf in engine could well have been caused by way car was driven when stolen can anybody confirm this.

Insurance company have asked us to send evidence to support our argument. Where do we go from here my daughter has been without her car for 7 months.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

To get anywhere with this, she probably needs an independent engineers inspection report. AA or RAC may be able to assist or advise on this. It could go down the litigation route, so an independent report could prove vital.

Insurers will be jointly responsible with any garage for damage caused during an insurers authorised repair. The insurers should cover the damage if it relates to the theft claim event. It might just be difficult proving it. The thieves could have driven the car at very high revs, beyond the safe operating limits and could have caused damage. It is just proving it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...