Absolute nightmare - Vodafone ref # 11785379.

Ryan91
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been having countless 3G issues over the past year which was promised to be fixed over time.

An advisor on the chat the other day finally admitted t would not improve and to buy a sure signal device.

After lengthy discussions a chat advisor offered to cancel the plans (2 lines) penalty free.

I was provided with a pac code .

I spoke with 2 different advisors who confirmed there would be no fee for cancelling.

I spoke to a third today as he second pac code is missing and I was now told there would be a fee

and under no circumstances would it be penalty free?

Where do I stand with this given I have it in writing that it would be penalty free?

Update today!

I contacted Vodafone again today to dispute the information and was told that as they promised this, they would honour it.

The advisor confirmed that ;

Hussein: may we ask you for the Date you have been promised not to pay the termination fee ?

Ryan: just get that for you now

Hussein: take your time

Hussein: just to check the chat scripts and notes for you

Ryan: Chat with Pradeep, October 24th

Ryan: Chat with Satpreet, October 24th

Ryan: There was a chat previous to Pradeep on the 24th too ; this chat was where the PAC code was issued with no fees confirmed

Hussein: thank you

Ryan: :)

Hussein: Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay , as we are investigating this for you

Ryan: please take your time

Hussein: thank you so mch

Hussein: much

Hussein: thank you so much for your Patience Ryan

Hussein: we have checked that for you

Hussein: and as you were promised for sure , we wont break our promise

Ryan: I'm just a little concerned now that I was told yesterday I definitely would have to pay. I've taken out another contract elsewhere and don't want to be stuck with that too especially if I'm hit with fees

Hussein: we will leave a clear note on your account regarding the chat you have been promised not to pay the ETF

Ryan: so when will I receive the PAC code for the 2nd line?

Hussein: but as per the chat with Pradeep it was no ETF for the number ends with 967

Ryan: This is now in reference to the follow up chat with Satpreet

Hussein: its a follow for what Pradeep said about the number ends with 967

Ryan: Ryan: the reason the line was being cancelled was due to their being poor 3G service at my home. I assumed the both lines would be cancelled under this as obviously the other number is affected too Satpreet: Please stay connected while I check this for you. Ryan: thanks Satpreet: Thanks for waiting. Satpreet: As I can see that the other line cancellation is under process and you'll be getting another pac code on monday as saturday and sunday is non working day. Satpreet: Is there anything else I can do for you today? Ryan: is this also penalty free too? Satpreet: No there is no penalty fee.

Hussein: we are now double checking that for you Ryan

Ryan: thank you so much!

Hussein: you are most welcome

Hussein: we have checked that for you Ryan

Hussein: and we see that , Satpreet said that there's no ETF for using the Pac Code

Hussein: as per the notes

Hussein: can you confirm there is no early termination fee attached with using this PAC?

Hussein: [03:12:19] Satpreet: May I know have you given the request for the disconnection for both the numbers or only one.?

Hussein: [03:12:41] Satpreet: No there is not ETF fees for using the pac code.

Ryan: yes, but what does the next section say?

Ryan: Satpreet: As I can see that the other line cancellation is under process and you'll be getting another pac code on monday as saturday and sunday is non working day.

Ryan: Ryan: is this also penalty free too? Satpreet: No there is no penalty fee.

Ryan: That's what it says there

Hussein: we are now checking this out for you , we are sorry for the delay

Ryan: don't apologise, I appreciate the time you're taking to sort this for me

Hussein: thank you so much for understanding

Hussein: thank you so much

Hussein: would you like to cancel now Ryan ?

Hussein: as we can transfer the chat to our cancellation team to get this sorted out for you

Ryan: yeah please

At this point, the chat ended and I had to get ready to go to work.

I have now been back on this evening and have been told yet again the penalty free cancellation does not stand and I will have to pay.

I have popped the reference number into your thread title - hopefully you will be contacted soon.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi and welcome.

I have this funny feeling that someone will come back and state that the operative didn't have the authority to cancel any ETFs. This just goes to show how much VF care about customers that want to leave. They are all nice and smiley when you join but once they have you by the short and curlies, customer service flies out of the window.

Hopefully the rep will be able to assist here. No matter what VF say, keep an eye on your credit file as VF are known to slap late payment markers very quickly. Also, watch out for admin fees as well.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for that :)!

Yeah it is an absolute nightmare ; I've had several advisors state it was penalty free too. I've also got in touch with citizens advice to see what they say. One person saying penalty free is bad enough never mind 4 or 5. Two advisors also said I was still within my cooking off period too which doesn't make sense ; my contract end date is strangely 30 October 2017 which doesn't make any sense either. Total mess from start to finish

You know, I am glad VF are a telecoms company as if they were in charge of a brewery, the country would have nothing to drink.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Vodaphone must have the worst records in the industry more complaints I have seen than any of the others - except BT

Who have now taken over EE (who had only just recently hovered up talktalk, orange and others) !!

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/oct/28/bt-takeover-of-ee-given-provisional-clearance-by-competition-watchdog

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Further update!

Popped onto live chat again today and the advisor I spoke to checked my account and said that the contract end date was incorrectly showing as October 2017 and changed it to 2015. A little confused since the contract was taken out after 2015 but nonetheless I was passed to cancellations who confirmed the end date was 2015 and have issued me with a PAC. The cancellations advisor then stated it would be without charge.

I'm a little worried about using this PAC in the case that yet again they back track and say the advisors weren't doing their jobs properly.

Sorry for the constant double postings but here is today's update on the shambles ;

My first line has now had the end date changed to 2015 to allow a penalty free cancellation. Still no PAC code issued as promised on the 31st however I should receive this today.

Regarding my 2nd line, I have a 40% loyalty discount attached to this which was wrongly removed. On three occasions now, I have been told this was being sorted and it would appear within 24 hours. The last promise was also on 31st October and as of yet, it still hasn't been sorted.

Plan and extras From 27 September to 23 October 2015 VAT ex

VAT rate

VAT inc

24 months - inclusive entertainment From 24 October to 23 November 2015

Plan – unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, 25GB internet

£42.50 20% £51.00

From 24 September to 23 October 2015

Discount: 12 months 20% off plan £7.65 20% £9.18

Discount: 20% off plan £7.65 20% £9.18

From 24 October to 23 November 2015 Vodafone EuroTraveller Plus

Plan and extras £57.80 £69.36

So looking at that, they've actually added the 40% onto the bill making it 40% more expensive; £51 now becomes £69.36! Through the past month I was also promised £20 worth of credit due to service issues which were to be added - £5 has indeed been added to the line however £15 has of yet to be added.

I was once again promised on the 31st this would be sorted. The chat advisor stated today that "no extra credit will be given".... so the £15 I was promised due to loss of service is now being denied.

Really is one thing after another with this lot

Everything is done via the live chat so I have chat log after chat log after chat log. Literally so many!

I've spoken to so many managers who just apologise and blame the advisors for not doing their jobs properly. Still awaiting on the Social team getting back in touch so once I hear from them I'll obviously keep you all updated.

Still on the live chat atm however they are insisting I am now no longer eligible for this additional £15 I was promised via the live chat

Best quote just there ;

"We will be unable to credit any incorrect charges on your bill"

So another update!

The credits are apparantly being updated and a cancellation request was successfully placed for 1 line only today.... the end date had now officially been changed to October 2015. Seem to finally be getting somewhere!!!

Yet another update!

The bill is still not corrected and the advisor I spoke to said the bill would come to £69.73 ; this is with 20% of my £35 a month line and 40% of the £51 line.

When I disputed that it doesn't add up, I was told ;

Yes according to the 20% discount on the price plan of £35.00 comes to £29.16 and the discount of 40% on £51.00 comes to £36.42.

Vodafone..... where basic mathematics don't apply!

Unless VF issue you with a deadlock letter, you can't go to the Ombudsman however, if you have made a Formal Complaint and headed the letter or email as such AND it is longer than 8 weeks ago then you can go to the Ombudsman.

I feel a CEO letter is the better option at the moment.

Heard back from Vodafone's Social team. They just emailled back saying they could see my account was under cancellation (the one line they agreed to) and that anything else to get in touch.

Totally ignored the fact I had emailled regarding being promised the 2 lines to be cancelled etc.

Sigh.

7/11/15

So despite my 30 days notice being given for the line they agreed to cancel, I've now been told that it's still showing as the end date as being October 2017 and as such I'd be hit with fees of over £800. This wasn't the case when the cancellation notice was served nor was I told this at the time.

Sorry for posting so much but it's just going in roundabouts and nobody from Vodafone can seem to help

• 3 weeks later...

This is still ongoing unfortunately!

Finally received the PAC code to which I used and the account finally disconnected..... to then receive a bill for over £705! Being passed from pillar to post with advisors promising it would be credited within 24 hours as they could see it was penalty free....... this was 3 days ago now.

Morning. Did you ever register this as a Formal complaint. If yes, have they gone over the 8 week period to resolve.

Before the telecoms ombudsman can get involved, one of two things must happen. Either a deadlock letter or they have gone over the 8 weeks.

Keep an eye on your credit file as VF are very quick to mark it. whilst any dispute is ongoing, they must cease all activity while an investigation continues.

Make sure that you have kept all written communications safe for the ombudsman (if they do get involved)

Still not raised via the ombudsman however the complaint is still on going. The bill is due to be paid today and they are now saying the ETF cannot be credited and I will have to pay it. The PAC was issued on the assumption it would not incur any fees and I have several chat logs and advisors backing this up. Over the past few weeks the advisors said the request for them to be waived was being actioned and would be completed by today. Come back on today to be told totally conflicting information and that it cannot be waived as it's "business policy"

I have got back in touch with the social team to update this as the last I heard from them they were away the cancellation was in process.

Absolutely disgusting