Xcersie4Less / Spratt Endicott Solicitors

Batesy96
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had an account with Xcercise4Less and i missed one payment because i was on holiday,

When i got back i found i had all these charges on my account that made up to around £60.

Obviously i didn't want to pay this,

so i called them up and contacted them

and they allowed me to make a new account with the charges on the old account being dropped.

However a few weeks later i started receiving letters from Harlands saying i had to pay,

i tried to phone them but they didn't answer after trying them a couple of times. So i just left it.

I have now received a letter from Spratt Endicott Solicitors saying that they will take legal action in the next 7 days if i do not pay the balance of £241.40

. I am a student and can't afford to pay this much especially considering the yearly fees for the gym are £120.

I just wondered if anyone could advise me on how to hand the situation?

Thank you

read the letter properly it does not say WILL anywhere!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This is now going to be difficult as you have signed and accepted a contract.

You cannot even argue changing your mind due to the time span

You can get out of the contract if you have a medical condition that makes exercise dangerous

You need to download a copy of that agreement and look at the terms and conditions with charges. We can challenge the cost on that as unlawful penalty charges

Phone the Gym up and ask for a web address or contact xerciseforless head office for the link

Hi Batesy,

A lot of posts here already but not much use I'm afraid.

This is almost certainly not a 24 month agreement. If it was, you could cancel and walk away without paying a penny !! Agreements longer than 12 months became history following the AMSL case in 2011.

Spratt Endicott are used by Harlands/CRS to threaten folk into paying. Stand up to them and they'll scuttle off quickly. We'll help you deal with this.

Do NOT call the gym or Harlands/CRS at all. Keep all communication in writing only, preferably letters not emails.

I'll draft a letter to Spratt Endicott in a mo .............

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

To Spratt Endicott :-

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to your letter of xxdate regarding gym membership.

This matter was resolved with the gym direct and Harlands/CRS had no right to involve you as a third party.

If you contact me again, you will be included in my formal complaints to Trading Standards and The CMA. I will also complain to the SRA.

Yours faithfully,

Edited by slick132

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Letter to Harlands :-

Dear sir or madam,

Gym membership at Xercise4Less in [town/city]

I refer to demands from Harlands/CRS for payments.

Agreement about this matter was reached with the gym and you have no right to make your demands.

Furthermore, you have no right to involve a third party, namely Spratt Endicott, in this matter.

If you make any further demands, or cause them to be made by any third party, formal complaints will be made to Trading Standards and The CMA.

I suggest you confirm with the gym that I renewed gym membership on the understanding that all charges for the old membership were dropped.

Yours faithfully,

Get free Certificates of Posting from the PO when you send both these letters.

Ignore contact from Harlands/CRS or anyone else for now, but keep us informed.