Motor vehicle repair agreement

jlouis
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My apologies if this issue has been posted already, I couldn't find similar issue.

I bought a second hand car in September.

The car is just under 11 year old.

I was given the "MOTOR VEHICLE REPAIR AGREEMENT" for 6 months.

I drive the car only on weekend clocking up no more than 30 miles a week.

Until last weekend I drove to Paris.

Everything was fine until, on my way back I heard a funny noise on the brake.

When I stopped and checked I realized the pad is totally gone and its has damaged the disk.

There is no warning nor any sign whatsoever.

I didn't contact the insurer yet I wanted to ask for advice what I should do.

I believe the break sensor is faulty as it failed to warn me (even the sensors is still off).

thank you very much in advance.

What is the make a model of the vehicle as very few cars produced since 2000 use break pad wear sensors in the pad. Most modern cars use the much cheaper system of putting the warning light on when thd brake fluid level drops below a certain point, thd fluid level falls as the pads wear down. Does your car actually have the sensor wires coming off the pads and if so are they connected to anything on the car.

It is also possible the brakes were fine on one day but the friction material as delaminated from the metal back pad causing it the crumble away very quickly, this is often started by stone damage to the pad.

A warranty will not help you here as this is normal wear and tear and not covered by the warranty. I also think you would struggle to argue this under soga if the car has a recent mot confirming the brakes worked at point of sale.