style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a republican, so i would support a change to supporting a well off family enjoy a fabulous style of living. They earn money from tourists, but could still do this as a private family, setting themselves up as a business, which would pay relevant taxes.

As for housing, there is no excuse not to be building 200,000+ a year. There is plenty of land available, plenty of people to do the work and plenty of cheap money to borrow.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Something I can't understand:

It was announced that people in council housing who were earning £30k (£40k in London) had to pay the going rate for their housing. Why are they in council housing when there are people waiting years on the list? I had to wait 2 years to get somewhere suitable for my needs.

It needs to be remembered local authorites have very little or no housing stock of their own anymore

They local authority housing stock comes under housing authority trusts and housing executives now

London as an example has some of the poorest residents out of the whole country in social and private housing.

Rent increases means they can no longer afford to live in the capital

Due to the welfare cap these residents are being relocated all over the country by these london boroughs.

It is nothing more than a form of social clensing so Boris and his mates can they buy up these properties on the cheap

Something I can't understand:

It was announced that people in council housing who were earning £30k (£40k in London) had to pay the going rate for their housing. Why are they in council housing when there are people waiting years on the list? I had to wait 2 years to get somewhere suitable for my needs.

Existing tenants rights offering secure housing. Even if you earn £40k in London, if you have children and standard living costs, it would not leave much spare money. A small 3 bed on the outskirts of London would probably cost £1500 a month privare rent, then add on top council tax, utility bills etc. You then have £2k going out on standard bills per month, which would not leave much left.

If you have people living in an OK council property costing less than private rents, they won't leave to pay expensive insecure private rents.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The housing issue has been and will become a massive timebomb that will gradually explode in the next 5 years.

Private rents are spiraling out of control

Throw in the Agency fees that are unlawful in Scotland but legal in England, moving is a costly affair.

When interest rates rise (and they will) the housing bubble will burst.

ATM interest rates are low but will have to raise if inflation does not increase.

AND here is the kicker, the real reason for raising the minimum wage (And re branding it) is to deliberately act as an inflationary pressure in the hopes that the treasury will not have to raise interest rate. They know that the rise will lead to increased prices on the consumer index etc. I suspect they also know that the interest rate rises would cripple the economy that is so based on debt esp in the housing market.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I am a republican, so i would support a change to supporting a well off family enjoy a fabulous style of living. They earn money from tourists, but could still do this as a private family, setting themselves up as a business, which would pay relevant taxes.

As for housing, there is no excuse not to be building 200,000+ a year. There is plenty of land available, plenty of people to do the work and plenty of cheap money to borrow.

As long as they aren't brick built.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/apr/27/uk-housebuilding-fall-down-lack-bricks-bricklayers-fmb

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Existing tenants rights offering secure housing. Even if you earn £40k in London, if you have children and standard living costs, it would not leave much spare money. A small 3 bed on the outskirts of London would probably cost £1500 a month privare rent, then add on top council tax, utility bills etc. You then have £2k going out on standard bills per month, which would not leave much left.

If you have people living in an OK council property costing less than private rents, they won't leave to pay expensive insecure private rents.

There are people living on a lot less who are having to pay a lot more for private rent.

Another issue - where I am, there are constant reports of new flats being built all for students. But nothing more for non-students. If I walk through town, there's flats being built for students and there's a lot being advertised for students. But nothing for non-students. Meanwhile, there's people waiting years on the council list. I was told I'd have to wait 10 years for somewhere to come up because of how long the lists are.

There are people living on a lot less who are having to pay a lot more for private rent.

Another issue - where I am, there are constant reports of new flats being built all for students. But nothing more for non-students. If I walk through town, there's flats being built for students and there's a lot being advertised for students. But nothing for non-students. Meanwhile, there's people waiting years on the council list. I was told I'd have to wait 10 years for somewhere to come up because of how long the lists are.

My guess is that students earn money for the area they live, as they spend money in small local shops, pubs, nightclubs. There are a lot of them. They are having their rents covered by their grants or however they fund living costs.

With students there is obviously the hope that some will choose to continue living and working in the area, so good for the local economy. It is supporting the local economy while they are students and beyond.

If the UK can build facilities and host the Olympic games in just 6 years, there is no reason why they cannot provide adequare housing in all areas of the country. It is an essential part of equipping the economy to be able to function normally.

Shouldn't be too hard to convert steel mills to brickyards should it?

Two birds with one stone

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/oct/20/tata-steel-expected-to-announce-1200-job-losses-in-uk

But this would only be a good idea if the houses were going to be built.

Terrible idea if it just further showed how deceitful UK politicians are. Mind you, perhaps we could dump the glut of bricks that would cause on the Chinese (at a discount of course) to repair the great wall - it needs it.

In fact, pay them in kind, discounted bricks for the great wall in return for nuclear energy at a premium.

Win Win for China.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days