You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Thank you @honeybee13. I will try to write one. I read here that even without the out of court settlement some people  have not received the  criminal record but only a fine. I don't know what to think anymore. 
    • Thanks I appreciate your time How does this sound?   On FRIDAY 29TH May I used your service to send a parcel under the above reference number. The parcel did not arrive at the destination and after several exchanges with your customer service staff, I was told that the item was lost. I was also told that I would not be entitled to full compensation for my items despite having provided you with receipts for these items as I had only opted for the standard £20 compensation. I did not opt for this compensation – as you will know, there is no option to decline this basic cover when scheduling a parcel. Furthermore, it is grossly unfair for a consumer to have to insure against your negligence and contrary to the unfair terms provisions in the Consumer Rights Act. I'm quite sure that you are fully aware that any term you might have in your contract which relies on customers having insurance against your negligent handling of their items causing them to be lost is an unfair term and is unenforceable. I notice that you systematically rely on such terms to deprive your customers of the correct compensation and effectively to protect you from the consequences of your negligent handling of your customers’ sent items. If you force this to a court hearing – you can be certain that I shall be producing evidence from many different sources to show that you systematically lose parcels and decline liability on spurious grounds which are unfair and unenforceable. The contents of my parcel were worth £160. There was also the cost of the postage which was £9.92. The full amount I am claiming is therefore £169.92. You may email me at ____________ in order to arrange this payment. If I do not have reimbursement in full within 14 days then I shall issue a claim in the County Court to recover this money from you plus interest and without any further notice. Yours faithfully _____
    • Hi.   SJP = Single Justice Procedure. Here's some reading for you https://www.gov.uk/single-justice-procedure-notices   If you want to ask for an out of court settlement, you need to deal with TfL. You could write to them if you have a contact name, there are examples of letters in threads here.   HB
    • Hi,  I have sent email requesting information as to why my original email was not actioned. I did have the case number in the subject line on my email.  I only got a letter from registry trust, nothing else from courts or Shoosmiths thanks 
    • @dx100uk  I have received only the charge for this journey.  Sorry for my ignorance but what is a SJP?  the charge has been made at 21 june  2020 but I received this only yesterday. Now they ask me to make my plea and I have 21 days to do so, but I want to try an out of court settlement. There is not any court date on the papers they sent me now though. 
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
dt100

Barclaycard has sold my debt to MKDP with a wrong default date

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1238 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

It was just a reminder dt, that info was in #2

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Thanks Martin.

I will let you know as soon as I get further response from Barclaycard.

Dear Members,

I have some good news.

I have received reply from Barclaycard,

Barclaycard have confirmed that I was right and they are sorry for the mistake.

It was a system error and it shouldn't be on my credit files.

They have informed me that they will request MKDP to remove this from the Credit file as MKDP are owner of the debts.

They have asked me to contact them if this default is not removed within 6 weeks.

Please note that a week ago I had received letter from Robinson way asking me to settle by paying half of the debt.

I wouldn't have reached this stage without your expertise. Highly obliged and thankful.

Please advise if I need to take further action.

Congrats with the result. Right now nothing else needs to be done.

Perhaps consider a donation to the site if we helped you?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thank you fkofilee. Donation was always on my mind. I will make a donation soon

Hi DT :)

Thank you, without the site, lots of people wouldnt get the help they need :)

As for RW.. Tell me more...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I was notified that my BC debt has been transferred to H2HP Ltd

and Robbinson Way will be collecting on their behalf.

Now Barclaycard will be contacting MKDP to remove the default.

Am I right in thinking that MKDP & H2HP are same group?

Thank you Fkofilee.

Thank you once again. I will keep you posted.

Congratulations dt, excellent result, just waiting on the outcome of my complaint with them before taking court action.

Keep an eye on your credit files to make sure the default goes, if its not gone in 2 months, write to Mr Roemer post #2

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Thank you Martin. I hope you have written to them again to remind them. After writing to me once BC stop contacting me so wrote to them again to remind them. Then they started sending me regular updates about my case.

Wish you all the best. I will keep you posted.

Does this mean that BC will now stop this practice that is blighting the credit score?

It seems to be an approach that is deliberately aimed at making it difficult for debtors to recover rather than helping them.

One significant point is that HPH2 is currently registering the activity on an ex-BC account that has been assigned to them

but their FCA Interim Permission has been cancelled.

I wonder about the status of all of the court claims they have made since the cancellation as I doubt that they can legally trade without permission.

they are covered by the group licence.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

I am aware that HPH2 are part of Hoist Finance UK who do have IP. However, the FCA register does not sho any affiliated companies or trading names associated with the company. In all of the other examples I have found the affiliates and/or trading names are included.

As HPH2 are registered outside the EEA and the English courts do not have jusrisdiction I can't see how they should be able to trade as a DCA in England.

up tree wrong barking..

if there was an issue

why are there 1000's of claims in the courts by HPH2 itd

and not one has picked this up

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-0964707606882478:652l7hswbgv&ie=UTF-8&q=HPH2+claim&sa=Search+CAG#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=HPH2%20claim&gsc.page=1

if there was an issue

why are there 1000's of claims in the courts by HPH2 itd

and not one has picked this up

A good question but it doesn't mean that they do have permission.

It took 17 years before the Court of Appeal picked up the defect in the DPA that meant that it did not implement the EU Directive.

Their IP was cancelled fairly recently,

probably this year but the FCA Register doesn't give the date.

Robway and MKDP have retained their IP and they are part of the group.

Edited by slick132
sorted format of quote

Thank you for your help site team and members. I have made a small donation to consumer action group.

I am sure that CAG will help many more people like me.

dt100

Thanks DT100.

As always, donations to our site are appreciated as it helps us stay here helping folk.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Dear Members,

I have received a letter from Robinson way threatening to issue a county court judgement,

send a report to credit reference agency

and try to contact me at my work regarding Barclaycard if I don't contact them.

Barclaycard had asked MKDP to remove the default from my credit file

which MKDP has removed

but now I am getting letter from Robinson way chasing the same debt and asking to contact them.

I thought MKDP and Robinson way were the same lot

so how come a default removed by MKDP is being chased by Robinson way.

Please advise.

Thank you

was the default transferred to HPH2 when it was assigned,

what does your credit file now say,

have the defaults from BC and MKDP been removed?

Dont worry about RW for now,

any claimform they are stupid enough to issue will be shot down in flames, its SB'd.

Hope you kept the letter confirming the default error from BC

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

Yes I have the barclaycard letter apologising for the error and promising to contact MKDP to remove the default.

The default was removed from my files in March 2016.

I am going to send this barclaycard letter to Robinson way and ask them to stop harassing me.

is it a good idea to send the Barclaycard apology letter to Robinson way?

As always your advise is very valuable to me.

as from day one on this thread

the statute barred issue

and the default issue are not linked

so little point in sending RW/MKDP/HPH2/Hoist anything.

the debt is still statute barred, makes no odds if its defaulted or not

or showing or not on your CRA file..its still SB'd.

in E&W just 'because' a debt is statute barred

theres nothing that says the owner or its agents cant write and ask for payment..

as long as they don't intimate or threaten court.

you can equally write back and ask them to go away.

the FCA conc rules state that IF you do send a letter to a 'creditor' chasing an SB debt

stating the debt is statute barred, asking them to cease and they don't, they could be sanctioned .

however that's just like wagging a finger at a naughty speeding driver.

IGNORE....

dx

Thank you dx but I am worried.

I am buying a house and Mortgage has been approved.

If by any chance they put this on my credit files even temporarily my mortgage will be refused.

I have already paid a nonrefundable deposit.

its gone

it cant comeback