style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My family at times have used Provident and son had a letter to say he was behind with payments.

He's paid monthly so paid 4 weeks at a time.

She used to take books away when updating loans and conveniently forgot to bring back. As never used them before andhow things ran thought it was just an oversight.

Agent was suspended and then left.

She'd become a friend. The week she was suspended for 2 weeks she phoned me to come round and chat cos she did. During the visit she asked me to take out a loan for her as she had no money and she had checked to see if was able to and it would be £37 a week. I rang the office to do it, but when she had gone cancelled the visit. Luck had it was that I had someone staying and witnessed it all

Is what she did against the law with Data Protection? If its a breach can I report them

BTW have put a complaint in to Provident and they are not taking it seriously so now have gone to paper.

This was Beginning of August.

Yes definitely a Data Protection offence, but unlikely to get anywhere. It just won't be investigated. It would not meet with any criteria of being serious enough to justify any investigation.

You could complain to the ICO about this DP breach and that Provident have refused to deal with your complaint, but i just don't see it getting anywhere. You will then think it was a waste of time writing.

She attempted to get you to take out a loan in your name and to lend her the money, so she would repay you. There is nothing illegal in that, unless she threatened you in any way.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread