Anglian Orangery not as specified - my rights?

dmills27
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All – thanks in advance for any help on this one…….

I have a potential issue with Anglian windows on the basis that I signed a contract with them for an Orangery which was based on the design we completed with the salesman at the time, and based on a visual representation at the time. When we moved to the next stage with the surveyor the design was significantly different to what we agreed on his plans so we didn’t agree them. I am now worried that they will expect us to take on the new inferior design, or pay the 25% cancellation cost (£7500) as we are out of the 14 day cooling off period.

Long story short but basically Anglian offer two types of what they call an Orangery

1. Brick Built – closer to extension with a roof lantern

2. ‘Anglian’ Orangery – Closer to a conservatory with less glass

We signed based on design 1, and are now being offered design 2. There is nothing on the contract stating that we asked for Design 2, in fact there is a plan view drawn in hand which in my opinion can only be design 1. I also took a picture of his design (on his iPad) at the time which clearly shows design 1.

Concerned I have been conned, and am in for a long battle on this

As an initial overview does anyone have any advice as to how liable I will be:

To accept the inferior design,

Win a fight to have it changed,

Get my £750 deposit back and not be liable for cancellation fees

Thanks!

I think you need to speak to Anglian about why the Surveyor is wanting something different to what you asked for when you signed up with the Salesman.

Not sure this needs to become a dispute yet, when you can probably resolve through Anglians customer services.

I suspect the Surveyor has found issues with what was agreed with the Salesman, as the Surveyor is probably more qualified in regard to building standards and any regulations that apply. You need to ask Anglian for an explanation. If there are no building standard/regulation issues and it is just that the Surveyor is trying to supply a cheaper option at the price you paid for, then you have rights under Sale of goods act for a full refund. The basis being that the work planned is not the same as you agreed in the original contract.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you, that will be my course of action but once I googled Anglian a few times I noticed many people have been in similar situations and got spooked! I know their reputation isn't the best on certain aspects, but their product seems to be good so will continue to pursue.