• Tweets

• Defendant details A defendant is the person or organisation that the claim will be issued against (i.e. the party who owes you the money). You should consider the following: a) Number of Defendants There can be up to two defendants for claims issued via MCOL – for claims against more than two defendants you should contact the County Court Money Claim Centre. If you want to issue a claim with two defendants you will need to click the ‘Add a 2nd defendant’ button.   Please note that each individual should be listed as a separate defendant. For example, if you were issuing a claim against a husband and wife, they need to be listed separately as the first and second defendant and not on one line as “Mr and Mrs”. b) Choosing the Defendant(s) Each defendant can be one person or an organisation (such as a limited company). Remember, amendments after issuing the claim can be time consuming and may incur additional fees, so you should consider carefully who is responsible for the debt when adding a defendant(s). Please note, court staff are not legally trained and therefore cannot tell you who the defendant(s) should be. If you are unsure who to claim against you should seek legal advice. You should make sure the information you provide is accurate and complete. For any individual defendants you should make sure that you include their forename and family name and that you have spelt their name correctly. For organisations, you should make sure you have the full, registered name of the company. Please be aware there may be several companies with similar names therefore if the name you provide is incorrect you could inadvertently issue a claim against the wrong company. Please be aware if you use the incorrect name it may not be possible to register judgments or take enforcement action at the later stages of the claim.   Providing a valid address for each Defendant You need to provide a full address within England and Wales for each defendant, including the post code. This is known as their service address. MCOL does not have jurisdiction outside England and Wales, claims issued to addresses outside England and Wales will be invalid.  if the defendant is an individual the claim must be served to their usual or last known residential address  if the defendant is an individual using a trading alias then the claim may be served to their usual or last known residential address or their place of business  if the defendant is an organisation then the claim may be served to their registered office or to the address where you have been dealing with them Further information on choosing the address for service correctly can be found in the Civil Procedure Rules 6.9. An online version of the Civil Procedure Rules can be found at: http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/.   Andy
    • Hi,   I can post a snip here with my details blacked out if you like?
    • Blink_22 would you be able to send me a copy of this letter saying that they have ceased trading? 
    • Sorry OP Thats my fault.  Defend the case for now. We can talk current arrangements after the case has been dealt with. Its unlikely you will get a decision on the ICL issue before judgement is made on your "Debt". 
  • Our picks

letsmakeamark

List of Creditors in the UK including Debt Collection Agencies.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1462 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

This may be helpful if you are looking for contact details.

http://www.equifax.co.uk/Products/learning-centre/lender-list.html#lettera

I hate bailiffs. Let me know if you have had a problem with them. I am sure i could upset them.

I now have experience with Securitas Security Services (UK) Limited and won in court against them 01/2018

Have made this thread a sticky

And closed it to stop newbies posting problems they might have with a dca

If you have a problem with a dca

Start a new thread

Dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1462 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you