Firm applied for more credit thaan I needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am not sure which section to ask this but here goes.

I applied to Part ex my caravan .

I needed to borrow £34120.

I hadn't heard if it had gone through

I had received a letter from my existing finance company thanking me for request of settlement figure.

So far so good

however I called the Finance company and they put me through to the new business team,

They informed me I had been accepted for the loan and the amount that had been requested was £56720 and they needed a bigger deposit.

I informed them I did not need that much and that I only needed £34k .

The dealership said they didn't know what happened and they would adjust the figures.

I heard nothing again and called the new business team who agreed the figures had been adjusted

and they had asked for £38k.Again too much.

I again informed the dealership and they said it had been declined

however when I informed them I had only just spoken to the finance company

and it had been accepted they said again they would look at it.

Bottom line is the company dealership asked for £22k more than I needed.

They have said the finance company have declined the deal which is a lie.

I have done all the chasing and they have not treated me fairly.

Any advice would be appreciated I am getting no where with them

Thread moved to General Consumer Issues.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi,

Sorry I'm not catching this I don't think.

Are you buying a new caravan and part exchanging your old one, how much is the new one, how much are you getting for the part exchange and how much was the settlement figure.

Whats happening now, are you having to keep your old caravan and continue to pay it off ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi

Just to clarify.

I still have my original caravan which is a static caravan on a leisure park. I have finance on that which would have cost £14k to settle, I was P Xing that to upgrade to a new 2014 model. In order to do that I needed extra finance so by the time they took in my part x van for £20k hey would then settle the finance and this would give me £5600 over, I had 4200 deposit on top of that and also site was offering £2k incentive off the finance.

So to change my van I would have needed £34k loan. They asked for £56k and then revised to £38k so they were applying for far more than I needed.

I still have my van. The site state the loan was declined but the finance company state it has been accepted with a larger deposit. I had placed a deposit on the new van but they returned it to my account and have since sold the new caravan to some one else. They still maintain the application was declined but I have the new agreement number to show it was accepted.

Hope that clarifies. I an annoyed at three things 1 applying for far more money than I needed 2.. lack of communication and the lies 3 they sold the van to someone else.