Dont bother taking sick note to jobcentre!

house3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry i tried to send this message twice,sent to private message instead lol.

My friend 49 is on jsa ,was on esa 5 months ago. His health problems are Adominal pains,his liver he has been told,maybe a kidney stone! he,s had 2 xrays ,gout in his foot,and right arm pains,could be tennis elbow.He went to his dr with all the pain he was in,and asked for a sick note,his dr gave him one for a month,so he takes to jobcentre,to be told the rules have changed,he would still have to have proven work searches plus sign on evey fortnightly.

I was gobsmacked just like my friend was,while being told this.It did sicken me also,of the cruelity of it.I see my friend a lot and see the pain he is in,takes around 4 painkillers 2 gout tablets a day!I can not see the justice of it,and who in the right mind would take my friend on to work for them,when he is sooo unfit for work..

I also took a sick note in while on jsa around 6 months ago,and was told i could get complete rest,no job searches or visits to my jobcentre for 6 weeks,jsa money came through every fortnight as normal.

It does not surprise me with this goverment one bit,they are hellbent on getting the sick in to work,and it is a disgrace,they have always discrimated against the sick and the poor,it makes my blood boil:mad2:.

Thanks for any comments replys in advance!x

Coincidently I am just about to go sick so hopefully someone with the knowledge can enlighten us.

As far as I am aware

I can self certificate myself for a maximum of 14 days, I have to notify my local office who will send me form to complete and return.

During this 14 day period I am excused from all job search and work program activities.

I am also excused from signing on.

I am allowed 2 periods of self certified illnesses per year.

I can only extend this period only upto a maximum of 13 weeks with a doctors certificate else claim ESA.

I am self certificating the day after I sign so by my reckoning it will be a full 27 days before I have to go the JCP again.

Hi Treb, good luck,but i think you may be in the same boat as my friend,with still doing the job searches etc, even though you are sick,please let me know if you get told different , if he was able to am sure he would of put in a claim for Esa but he was passed fit for work 5 months ago.So maybe in a few months if no improvement in his health which i can not see my friend will most properley go on Esa again..

Coincidently I am just about to go sick so hopefully someone with the knowledge can enlighten us.

As far as I am aware

I can self certificate myself for a maximum of 14 days, I have to notify my local office who will send me form to complete and return.

During this 14 day period I am excused from all job search and work program activities.

I am also excused from signing on.

I am allowed 2 periods of self certified illnesses per year.

I can only extend this period only upto a maximum of 13 weeks with a doctors certificate else claim ESA.

I am self certificating the day after I sign so by my reckoning it will be a full 27 days before I have to go the JCP again.

Sorry, I am probably being thick (it has been a long day and my pain meds have just kicked in) but I am confused as to how you know in advance that you will become sick the day after you next sign

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Sorry, I am probably being thick (it has been a long day and my pain meds have just kicked in) but I am confused as to how you know in advance that you will become sick the day after you next sign

Good question, in fact I can go as far as to say my symptoms will include double vision, disorientation, vomiting and possibly short term memory loss.

Good question, in fact I can go as far as to say my symptoms will include double vision, disorientation, vomiting and possibly short term memory loss.

And what about the end of the 14 days self cert? Do you envisage a return to full health?

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.

And what about the end of the 14 days self cert? Do you envisage a return to full health?

Yes I believe on the 14th day I will have made a full recovery, which is good timing really, I will be fit enough to fill in my holiday form for a 2 week break when I next attend the JCP.

Yes please let me know your outcome when taking the sick note into the jobcentre. you may find the rules have changed,but gl to you!

I presume the problem for your friend is that he was on ESA 5 months ago, I am no benefit expert I hope someone can provide us with the definitive answer.

I will report back to you the outcome of my experience BUT if the rules have changed I am having a hard time finding any information to say that is the case.

Sorry i tried to send this message twice,sent to private message instead lol.

My friend 49 is on jsa ,was on esa 5 months ago. His health problems are Adominal pains,his liver he has been told,maybe a kidney stone! he,s had 2 xrays ,gout in his foot,and right arm pains,could be tennis elbow.He went to his dr with all the pain he was in,and asked for a sick note,his dr gave him one for a month,so he takes to jobcentre,to be told the rules have changed,he would still have to have proven work searches plus sign on evey fortnightly.

I was gobsmacked just like my friend was,while being told this.It did sicken me also,of the cruelity of it.I see my friend a lot and see the pain he is in,takes around 4 painkillers 2 gout tablets a day!I can not see the justice of it,and who in the right mind would take my friend on to work for them,when he is sooo unfit for work..

I also took a sick note in while on jsa around 6 months ago,and was told i could get complete rest,no job searches or visits to my jobcentre for 6 weeks,jsa money came through every fortnight as normal.

It does not surprise me with this goverment one bit,they are hellbent on getting the sick in to work,and it is a disgrace,they have always discrimated against the sick and the poor,it makes my blood boil:mad2:.

Thanks for any comments replys in advance!x

If you are wanting to claim ESA then i think you need to ring up and ask for a claim form, complete it and send in your fit note with it, they will see it as you are either fit for work or you are not fit for work,