30 Min Free Parking at Sainsburys PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

long time since I have been on here,

I see that advice may have changed from ignore PCN's.

My daughter and her friend parked at the lcoal Sainsburys that allows 30 minutes free parking.

What they didn't realise was that you still had to print a ticket to put in the windscreen showing £0 paid and a 30 minutes time.

They both got PCN's, both tickets show the time which was under the 30 minutes,

the PCN for failing to display a ticket.

I advised them to ignore the letters,

they have now received one of the 'pretend' Bailiff letters and the friend is afraid of getting CCJ's etc,

I have advised that won't happen unless you go to court and then fail to pay.

Do you think it is worth writing to the Parking Company saying that they were within the free 30 minutes so no loss has been incurred?

I believe they both received a NTO and neither have kept a receipt from the shopping they did. Thanks all.

Hi

Dates! Once we have them, we can assist better so:

Date of parking

I assume this was a windscreen ticket.

Date of NTO.

Images of the ticket minus identifying details

Same applies to letters. Please upload them as pdfs

The name of the parking company.

If you can, go back to sainsbugs and photograph the signs

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60033[/ATTACH]Hi All, I have uploaded a PDF of the original PCN and following letters. Her friend has received the same although they eacj have different times on their PCN's even though they were there at the same time and parked next to each other. I will have to go back and take pictures of the signs, they are about and it says that if parking for 30 mins free you should print out a ticket. Thanks.

Hi,

I have unapproved the attachments as you have left reference numbers in there. While it means nothing to us, it matters to Horizon as they can then trace this thread to you.

Based on the dates, the only option Horizon have now is to take court action. Looking at the stats for this company, they have taken no one to court although the figures I have are not 100% accurate.

I would continue to ignore them and see what they do. If they were stupid enough to take court action, that is where you hit them with wanting to see the contract, inadequate signage, no loss in a free car park (albeit 30 minutes). putting them to proof of loss which they won't be able to do as they tend to bundle in to these claims, costs for fixtures, fittings, setting up the site and plenty of other stuff that are core costs that cannot be claimed for.

As I see it, they won't bother

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

What a dunce, should have thought about reference numbers! When you say unapproved does that mean no one will see them now? Thanks for your advice, I was toying with writing and giving the 30 minutes free, therefore no loss argument but as they have got to the last letter maybe no point?

Only the site team can view the attachments, no one else.

Just because DR+ say they will pass this back to the 'creditor' with a recommendation of legal action. This means bu**er all.

I could just as easily say that I was coming to your house 'with a view to flattening your nose' That won't happen either.

I guess the only response I would give is:

Do I look stupid?

Do you look 'normal'?

Guess we were both wrong. :-)

Haven't checked with council about planning, will look into that. Interestingly they have received another letter from DR+ offering a reduced payment, is this a last chance attempt to get at least something from them?[ATTACH=CONFIG]60053[/ATTACH]

WOW! A whole £22 discount. Put the flags out :oops:

This is probably the last ditch attempt to get a 'donation' out of you. Personally, I would sit on my hands and see if they actually have the ba**s to take court action which I very much doubt.

That letter isn't even a threat. Puerile comes to mind.

DR+ get £15 for sending out the threatening letters but add a good £30+ on top of the original invoice for themselves without any lawful reason to do so. That is why they offer a discount, they stand to get nothing if you dont pay and that would be terrible for them. Anyone can set themselves up as a debt collector, just send out letters requesting cash for unspecified reasons and some confused people will pay you as they think that the title "Debt Collector" is like some bailiff with super powers to do anything they want.