• Tweets

• Hi guys, Wondering if you can help me. I received a claim form from County Court Business Centre, Northampton for Private parking fine I received back in June 2018. I wasn’t wise in responding to any letters to date hoping it will go away which is my bad hence landed on this site for help.   Here are all the info you may need:   Name of the Claimant – UK Car Park Management Claimants Solicitors – Gladstones Date of issue – 10/06/2019 (Deadlines - 29th June for AOS & 12th July for Defence) Particulars of claim: ‘The driver of the vehicle with registration xxxxxx (the vehicle) parked in breach of the terms of parking stipulated on the signage (the contract) at 93-101 GREENFIELD ROAD – LONDON GREATER LONDON E1 1EJ, on 11/06/2018 thus incurring the parking charge (the PCN). The driver of the vehicle agreed to pay the PCN with in 28 days of issue yet failed to do so. The claimant claims the unpaid PCN from the defendant as the driver/keeper of the vehicle. Despite demands being made, the defendant has failed to settle their outstanding liability THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS £100 for the PCN, £60 contractual costs pursuant to the Contract and PCN terms and conditions, together with statutory interest of £11.69 pursuant to s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at 8.00% per annum, continuing at £0.4 per day.’ Value of the claim - £246.69 The claim has been issued by the Private parking Company Date of the infringement - 11/06/2018 Date on the NTK – 14/06/2018 They took two pictures of my car and printed them in the letter  As mentioned, I did not respond to any communications. I received, NTK, Formal Demand letter in July 18, two DRP letters on Aug 17 and one in Sept 18, and three Gladstones letter in Oct 18 and then ‘letter before claim’ in March and April 19.   I will do the AOS asap and send a SAR to UK CPM.   Please help me with a writing a defence, I have already read through many, but they are a bit overwhelming as I am not sure what my grounds are. I am sure the driver did not agree to pay anything as they have stated in the particulars of the claim. This was a Camera PCN so whoever was driving the car would have not known that they received a PCN. Also, I have visited the car park to see the signage and they are appalling. They are affixed high, with tiny fonts and the signages are blocked with bins and other materials so you can’t get close to it. There are no signage at the entrance of the car park.   I look forward to your response.   Thank you
    • Hi dx,   Latest info is:   "The court has received an Incidental Application from the respondant". That will be my letter from Cabot advising that they cannot legally proceed with the case. "The Sheriff has received an objection from the claiment to the Incidental Application".   I have now received notification that the sheriff has ordered the case to be restarted.    
    • you should have been reading up on charges reclaiming in the down time.     CISHEET enter every charge on the date it was levied put their avg int rate in D15.      
    • get your finger out. you must reply to the letter of claim as stated in every PAP letter thread here regarding drydens/erudio and old SLC stuff.   go ring slc and ask the date of your last deferment.   if they refuse, quote them the two acts prevention of fraud and  data protection act. that they MUST hold data for 6yrs under both and if they wont give the data you will be immediately phoning the ICO and raising a serious complaint against them. now if they don't hold the data, as its over 6yrs old i'd say its safe to say the debt is statute barred reply to drydens PAP as per the other threads here send our SB letter DO NOT USE THEIR REPLY PACK.   use our in our PAP thread.
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1343 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi folks,

I raise a claim via my mobile phone insurer Lifestyle Group. This is underwritten and owned by the same people as #protectyourbubble (Assurant).

I go through all the process and log my claim for lost phone. My policy says that it will be dealt within 1 day. After 3 days I'm told it's been passed to the fraud department. This is due to a system that told them to do this!!

Eventually get phone call from this guy Sam in fraud. He is are that I have a disability and suffer from depression. He asks challenging and private questions. At all times I am told I can cancel my claim. I start doubting myself and cancel my claim.

I make alternative arrangements and get a new phone. After looking on google about protect your bubble, lifestyle group, assurant, (most bank packed accounts) are dealt with by thes people. Anyway 8 weeks later I log a complaint wi them and suggest that the fraud department bullied me, had caused exasperated my mental health issues and brought back bad memories. I also said that I have been at financial loss due to the way I was treated. The company decide my claim was valid and we agree a cash settlement for the claim...Not for my complaint.

They have now offered me £100 for my complaint and I am not happy to accept. Having rad the FOS guidelines they may have breached disability discrimination legislation. I have advised the company I require £1,500 compensation and that I have evidence of the way the treated me. All calls recorded, and agents advised at time. They say they have now reviewed there practise and changed.

My question is using the FOS takes a long time.m I've advised I will take legal action. Has anyon had xperience with this company and what letter should I send them. The are discussing my request but I suspect they will decline. Any help much appreciated.

As I had to take out a ne phone contract, as I could not afford a new phone. The cancellation of this is £600.(cost of new phone). £424 which they have offered to replace phone. Plus £500 for not making reasonable adjustments dealing with me and for hurt and feeling.

I disagree... they have fulfilled their obligations to you, and made a gesture towards their treatment of you.

£500 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much in my opinion.

And the £600 for a new contract... Who with and what phone in question?

02 refresh contract £600 to buy out contract which was essentially the cost of iPhone 6. Phone that was lost was iPhone 6. 5 weeks old . 3 months to deal with think £500 is fai. I didn't mention at the time that they also put a marker on my credit file suggesting fraud CIFAS. I got letter from bank advising me they were closing my account for commercial reasons. I spoke to a friendly person at bank who said they had fraud I fomation and to check my file. I did, called bank back challenged them and they agreed it was an error. The bank settled as gesture of goodwill payment of £450. So I believe this is fair

The bank was Bank of Scotland. A premium account that included mobile phone insurance. I initially complained to them but they said it was nothing to do with them. The service was provided by a third party and not recommended by them. I'm 100% happy to take and proceed with legal action. This company need taken to task they hide behind listless group. They are same as protect your bubble and owned by Assurant. Lots of complaints online about them all. So yes happy to proceed against them, I'm assuming after review tomorrow the will stick to the £100. At which stage I want to issue them with notice of proceedings if this is way it is done.

Ok not sure if I know what to do. Can you direct me to find a pre action letter?

Maybe later when i get home. Im at work sadly, and for something like this it isnt just a straight forward template.

Plus the costs have to be true costs and not fictitious. That £500 may not cut it for damages as its a charge that cant be justified. Costs have to be justified in real terms.

IE £600 for a contract you have taken etc.

Have you take the £424 offer? This cant be included if you have accepted etc.

I have accepted £324 (£100 excess) this was to be in my account today....it was not. They are now saying they want to deal with everything together. And are refusing to pay the claim money till we resolve the complaint. All calls recorded . Thanks any help appreciated. The £500 of my credit file, still not resolved, stress, breach of DDA is I believe worth £500

Costs would be limited to your actual financial loss. I'm guessing the £424 was the cost of a second hand replacement (in line with the policy) in which case you cannot claim for the £600 as that would have had to have been paid whatever. The £424 (£324) you can claim for as they haven't yet paid it - but once it has been paid, that's the end of that.

You can claim 8% statutory interest (£2.16 per month approx) from the time you had the conversation with their fraud team to the date the settlement is paid.

I'm not versed in discrimination law but I'm not sure how much of a breach this would be considered under the equality act (DDA has been repealed) - I would be surprised if it was as much as £500.

Your best route will always be the ombudsman first as it is free and they assess based on 'fairness' which is weighted much more in favour of the consumer. Whilst their award is binding on the insurer, if you are not happy you can escalate to court. If you chose to go to court first, they can only assess based on the legal merits of the claim and you cannot then ask the FOS to review the decision.