My husband used my Oyster card - help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes that's what I think it is a court notice saying it will be dealt with single justice court ... I believe £125 is the amount they r fighting for in the court n I need to respond to the court so m afraid has it already become a criminal offence

OK, that makes it a little clearer because I know that one Court in London is currently doing SJP for some TfL matters.

If it has your husband's name on the Single Justice Procedure Notice you cannot deal with it for him unless you are a qualified lawyer

Your husband will have an opportunity to accept the process, accept the charge and make payment to TfL, or, if he disputes the charge he needs to fill in the SJP form and send it back saying he wants the court to hear the case in the normal way.

L

OK, that makes it a little clearer because I know that one Court in London is currently doing SJP for some TfL matters.

If it has your husband's name on the Single Justice Procedure Notice you cannot deal with it for him unless you are a qualified lawyer

Your husband will have an opportunity to accept the process, accept the charge and make payment to TfL, or, if he disputes the charge he needs to fill in the SJP form and send it back saying he wants the court to hear the case in the normal way.

Can they avoid a criminal conviction or has it already been decided ?

Is it worth phoning TFL, as i don't think they had a response from TFL when they explained how the wrong Oyster card was used ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Rochell, I've sent you a private message [PM].

Please check at the top of the screen - click on Notifications and then on Inbox.

HB

I did reply back n the answer to ur question is yes

OK, now we know that an SJP Notice has been issued to your husband and this is therefore now with the Court to be dealt with by them

Your husband should respond to it promptly

The SJP notice is sent to the defendant explaining the offence which has given rise to the proceedings, the options available to the defendant, and the consequences of not responding to the notice. It is accompanied by the evidence upon which the prosecutor will be relying to prove the case.

The notice also gives the defendant a date to respond in writing to the allegation rather than a date to attend court, which is 21 days from the service of the notice.

The Court cannot deal with the case before that date unless the defendant pleads guilty and asks the Court to deal with it in their absence.

• Haha 1

So is there any chance that the response to the SJP notice will be accepted and they will not get a criminal conviction ?

Or is this summary justice where the only way to possibly avoid a criminal conviction is to plead not guilty and offer a proper defence which is accepted ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

OK, now we know that an SJP Notice has been issued to your husband and this is therefore now with the Court to be dealt with by them

Your husband should respond to it promptly

The SJP notice is sent to the defendant explaining the offence which has given rise to the proceedings, the options available to the defendant, and the consequences of not responding to the notice. It is accompanied by the evidence upon which the prosecutor will be relying to prove the case.

The notice also gives the defendant a date to respond in writing to the allegation rather than a date to attend court, which is 21 days from the service of the notice.

The Court cannot deal with the case before that date unless the defendant pleads guilty and asks the Court to deal with it in their absence.

We replied and posted the letter back and accepted guilty outside court

Oyster card, the most 'accidentally' used card in the world.

Not wrong there, Ive caught loads of people using other peoples discounted oyster when driving my bus.

All I ask is to be treated fairly and lawfully.

So is there any chance that the response to the SJP notice will be accepted and they will not get a criminal conviction ?

Or is this summary justice where the only way to possibly avoid a criminal conviction is to plead not guilty and offer a proper defence which is accepted ?

Yes, the SJP consists of the defendant accepting the evidence in low level offences, case papers being read by a single Magistrate & Legal Advisor simultaneously and a decision in respect of penalty in accordance with sentencing guidelines being recorded without need for a conventional hearing.

The process is not suitable for matters where a custodial sentence is an option and whenever a defendant wishes to contest any matter it is referred for inclusion in a conventional Court list.