Capital one sold to cabot credit management

CONFUSED49
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

received nothing from Capital one for 4years except two letters stating balance,

received letter today dated 14th October 2015 stating that on 23rd September 2015 account was sold to Cabot Management

and within 30days of 23rd September they would start reporting on my credit file which doesn't leave me much time to try and rectify,

I am trying to rebuild my credit file after years of financial problems which included my wife going bankrupt in 2013

and she has not been able to get a job since.

I have other defaults on my account which are due to disappear within the next month or so,

I do not want another default registered as this will hamper my chances of getting a mortgage or moving

we lost our last house and are renting at the moment but have to leave early next year.

I have two credit cards which I have been paying back on time and settling each month to rebuild my credit file,

I understand from reading forums that the balance would have been sold for a stupid amount,

should I offer a settlement figure on the understanding that they mark credit final as settled without a default or what should I do?

cca request to Cabot,when they contact you, who can only report the original default for six years from the original date of default

they cannot add a new one of their own

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

correct, they can only report the original default, but now in their name(makes the feel good:lol:)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

• 2 months later...

Hi

Sent my cca request off on 21st October know they received it on 22nd, I have had no response until

today received letter dated 16th December 2015 stating that I have 10 days to get in touch

and they will proceed with legal action,

as my account has been selected for possible Legal Action.

what should I do as I only have two days,

nice Christmas present. would appreciate if someone could look at this

you do not chase the cca failure.

and read the letter PROPERLY

does say WILL anywhere

cabot willy waving at you to scare you..

no CCA = NO PAY.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Been a few weeks since posting received a letter in post today dated 14th January which reads as follow

" We have tried to contact you on several occasions to discuss your account.

As we have not heard from you, we are referring your account to Shoosmiths Solicitors.

Shoosmiths Solicitors will want to speak to you within the next seven days where they will review your situation

and help you to arrange the most suitable solution for you based on your circumstances.

Alternatively you can contact them on 03700863058 their opening hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 7.00pm staurday 9.00 to 12.45pm

Yours sincerely" unquote

should I ignore just ignore this letter or is there another course of action I should be taking

Wait for them to contact you....and ask them where is your agreement ???

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Wait for them to contact you....and ask them where is your agreement ???

Hi

Received this letter today from shoosmiths, shall I write and say no agreement and attach my original letter to cabot requesting copy of agreement with confirmation that they received it but have not acknowledged it and is there a template letter for this on the forum.

Thankyou

confused49

shoosmith letter 20-1.pdf

Something along the lines of ...

" that you are delighted hear from them as you seem to be having no response from their client in response to your request under section 78 of CCA1974.

If they can investigate and find out why they are failing to comply you would be delighted to enter into correspondence regarding this alleged agreement.

You look forward to receiving a swift response as their client is already in default and is therefore prevented from requesting or seeking any relief with regards this alleged debt."

Attached copy of request

Copy of postage delivery

Yours Sin

:yo:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread